Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

I Need Your Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Your Advice (922 Views)

Please A Nairalander Needs Your Advice Concerning Her G.C.E Result.(photo) / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice / She Seriously Needs Your Advice On Her Sisters Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by saddler: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2015
Hello people, I am at a cross road here and really desire honest opinion on the best part to take in my current situation.

I just graduated from the university of Benin from the department of microbiology and would be proceeding for my NYSC come may 2015.

I graduated with a 2.1 and fortunately a family relative has offered to sponsor my master program abroad with hope that when I finish the program, I would get a job abroad or come back to Nigeria for a lucrative job.

For me, the major issue is that I am asking my self if a master program in Microbiology abroad is worth the money that will be spent to study it. I don't want to go for a program and after spending millions of naira, you end up still roaming for a decent job.
So here is where I need advice

1) Which course can I do in Europe(preferably Switzerland and Germany) with my B.Sc. in microbiology that would put me in a platform for a good job

2) What is the rough financial estimate to do the program

3) Other minor concerns are which country is the best for students who want to work while studying for masters.
4) if I probably want to stay after studying, which country will be the best.

Mod pls i wish you can help me with front page
Re: I Need Your Advice by TRADELYN: 11:21am On Feb 28, 2015
Hmmm...this is easier if you first define what you want to become
Re: I Need Your Advice by saddler: 11:39am On Feb 28, 2015
TRADELYN:
Hmmm...this is easier if you first define what you want to become

thanks for your response. I didn't want to limit myself to opportunities outside my course( microbiology).

though I have a preference for medical microbiology, but the emphasis here is not what I like but what will put me in a platform where i can get a decent job with relative ease or establish myself either here in Nigeria or even abroad.
So am open to all opportunities available for me to study abtiad .

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by saddler: 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
pls don't view only ..your opinions and ideas are highly appreciated.

seun, lalasticlala, tosyn2much, mukina2 abeg help push this to home page.

help a brother
Re: I Need Your Advice by Etfash(m): 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Congratulations on your successful graduation and grade. To your question 1, since you like medical microbiology; you may want to consider molecular genetics, bioinformatics, genomics, virology etc. I am suggesting the above because of the answers i will give to your other questions. I will suggest Canada, cost would be less than 2million naira other things being equal, you can work while you study and stay back there afterwards. All my friends who went there for further studies are doing fine overthere. Germany is also good, especially because of free postgraduate education, apart from some professional ones like the MBA, you can also work but, language barrier and increased racism, relative to Canada, will make it pale. This is just an advice. I acquired all my degrees here in Nigeria, yet, i have never been jobless. Know who you are, what you want and prayerfully work towards your desired destination. Christ' love to you.
Re: I Need Your Advice by jejemanito: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
saddler:

thanks for your response. I didn't want to limit myself to opportunities outside my course( microbiology).

though I have a preference for medical microbiology, but the emphasis here is not what I like but what will put me in a platform where i can get a decent job with relative ease or establish myself either here in Nigeria or even abroad.
So am open to all opportunities available for me to study abtiad .
Very very wrong and myopic thinking! I don't expect a graduate to be thinking like this moreso one from uniben! Damn! PURSUE EXCELLENCE IN ANYTHING YOU LOVE TO DO and you won't have to worry about the bolded!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by saddler: 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
jejemanito:
Very very wrong and myopic thinking! I don't expect a graduate to be thinking like this moreso one from uniben! Damn! PURSUE EXCELLENCE IN ANYTHING YOU LOVE TO DO and you won't have to worry about the bolded!
so sorry am not on the same page with on this.

I need good opinion on this issue, so if you have any, pls post them here. I will appreciate them. thank you

(1) (Reply)

Olashore International Becomes First School In Nigeria To Launch Ipad Education / Project Topics And Materials In Marketing / What Is The Fifth Taste? (very Easy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.