Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,220 members, 7,849,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders (24293 Views)

Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum / APC Is Heading For Disaster – National Executive Committee Of APC Warns Buhari / The Error Jonathan, PDP Made Was Not Sacking Jega – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by betrani(m): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
I have read all senseless comments made here! Hmmm! Why must he proceed on terminal leave just few days to elections??! For a government opposing the use of technology to fight electoral fraud how do you think boothing Jega out is not one of their evil plans to rig elections! You are just shouting your brain numbness out with "Nothing Go Happen" accusing jega of having a romance with APC can't be substantiated! Not if its coming from the one who lacks credibility! PDP can't be trusted! If they are so sure of winning! Why not defeat APC in a clean, free and fair contest! Remember what happened in Kenya! Nigerians may seem unconcerned! Don't underestimate them! Not everyone is in support of PDP going against jega with criminal accusations!

1 Like

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by anwo247: 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
dein77:

Bro, why will GEJ sack Jega that's about to continue his administrative retirement leave?

Jega will go on his retirement leave, and NOTHING will happen.

GEJ is winning the elections!

That is it bro. No one is sacking Jega when his terminal leave is starting few days from now. No one will sack Jega. We hope GEJ appoints a very credible person.
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by nzeadachie: 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jarus:

Iwu was not sacked in the middle of an election.

I reiterate that sacking Jega is an invitation to disaster. The result won't be imaginable. Anyone can go to hell. Someone wants to be given Gbagbo treatment.
EMPTY THREAT, THE SAME THREAT FOR POSTPONEMENT OF THE ELECTION

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by tomzman: 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
gilmaro:
jega's terminal leave is constitutional, there's nothing the northern elders and apc law makers can do to resist a legal move like this. If they had not made any pre-arrangment with jega in their favour, why then do they want him to stay in office even when he's supposed to be on terminal leave.......they're joking
It seems you are reading the wrong constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by GentleToks(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This crazy northern elders at it again.If maurice iwu was sent on an adminstrative leave nothing will stop Jega from going on his own too because it is supported by the constution which requires a public officer to go on an adminstrative leave 3 months before the end if his tenure.He will go and nothing will happen.If this rabid old men try any nonsense i trust our soldiers to whip them back in line.

Isn't this same rabid group that was screaming genocide that led to the removal of the best COAS so far ihejirika.They even threatened to sue him and till today ihejirika is enjoying his retirement

Next thing they will issue one useless ultimatum.

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019

Heaven and earth knew that Iwu is the worst INEC chairman ever in the history of this country and deserve to go when he was asked to leave.

Jega and Iwu are not in the same class as far as integrity and pedigree are concerned. If Iwu was in a country where rule of law works, he should be dancing Etighe in prison by now with all his electoral atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by CORRECTMAN78(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
Franchise21:
I remember vividly on presidential media chat, GEJ said there's no plan to sack Jega or forcing him to go on terminal leave

U are not a good listener! President said-- "nobody is going to sack Jega". He didn't say Jega will not go on terminal leave which of course is constitutional.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by Jarus(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
nzeadachie:
EMPTY THREAT, THE SAME THREAT FOR POSTPONEMENT OF THE ELECTION

No problem. We will see.
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by anwo247: 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sunymoore:

We are the people... Mark my words..

Where are the words? Abi na only you one waka come?

If you people resort to violence, GEJ will order the army to feed your flesh to the fowls of the air. We go count una join dead bokoharam members , no obituary grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by hansad: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
batlan:
do you have people that the situation of the economy of this country is hitting hard at all?dont you have concience? any way God is in control. note

Go out and work and earn your daily bread so that the economy shall not be hitting you hard. Nigeria's economy has overtaken that of South Africa, courtesy of good Nigerian economic managers.
To demonstrate it must not mean government using Oyel money to provide food on the table of you lousy APCheats on daily basis, before you can believe that Nigeria's economy is above board.

3 Likes

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by IYANGBALI: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jonathan ma se o,ma dan wo,mi wi fun e to o

1 Like

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by carboblanko(m): 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
All those citing Iwu's case are being disingenious. Iwu was not asked to proceed on leave 3 weeks befote the election. How can you change an umpire a few minutes before the end of the game?

1 Like

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by anwo247: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
betrani:
I have read all senseless comments made here! Hmmm! Why must he proceed on terminal leave just few days to elections??! For a government opposing the use of technology to fight electoral fraud how do you think boothing Jega out is not one of their evil plans to rig elections! You are just shouting your brain numbness out with "Nothing Go Happen" accusing jega of having a romance with APC can't be substantiated! Not if its coming from the one who lacks credibility! PDP can't be trusted! If they are so sure of winning! Why not defeat APC in a clean, free and fair contest! Remember what happened in Kenya! Nigerians may seem unconcerned! Don't underestimate them! Not everyone is in support of PDP going against jega with criminal accusations!

The election date must be according to the law and NOT the law according to the election date.

Are you better now?
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by blackandbold: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This crazy northern elders at it again.If maurice iwu was sent on an adminstrative leave nothing will stop Jega from going on his own too because it is supported by the constution which requires a public officer to go on an adminstrative leave 3 months before the end if his tenure.He will go and nothing will happen.If this rabid old men try any nonsense i trust our soldiers to whip them back in line.

Isn't this same rabid group that was screaming genocide that led to the removal of the best COAS so far ihejirika.They even threatened to sue him and till today ihejirika is enjoying his retirement

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019
ode ni e..jega is not,, I repeat, is not a cuvil servant..so terminal leave is not compulsory.check the books well..it is unconstitutional to put jega to compulsory terminal leave so what trash are u saying again..let this man finish his tenure for gods sake.infact what credible reason do u people have to sack him or to put him on a compulsory leave?
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by Jorussia(m): 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys
from your name above, every same person knows that you are definitely a terrorist.
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by cut007: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
kastonkastrol:
ok PDP should sack Jega and see what will happen.
See this inconsequential lunatic o! Hiding behind the mask of social media to spew rubbish! This guy they threaten F.G o! Looooooooool!!!! Bro, if Buhari, Atiku,tinubu, ameachi, Oshomole, Rochas + all APC Senators and House members couldn't do anything about election postponement (inspite of all the gingering), then forget it!! Your case is highly negligible!!!! Loooool!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by blackandbold: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys
this robot is still malfunctioning. wonder why it hqs not been thrown into the trash
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by ozoigbondu: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
blackandbold:

ode ni e..jega is not,, I repeat, is not a cuvil servant..so terminal leave is not compulsory.check the books well..it is unconstitutional to put jega to compulsory terminal leave so what trash are u saying again..let this man finish his tenure for gods sake.infact what credible reason do u people have to sack him or to put him on a compulsory leave?

So jega is an importer and exporter based in onitsha undecided
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by cut007: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jorussia:
from your name above, every same person knows that you are definitely a terrorist.
. Forget the name! What is saying is simply the fact!!! The truth is and will always be bitter!!!!!
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by dein77(m): 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
voltron:

work matters.. was going to go through with my Political Activists work but realized that one can get killed if you are not fortified yourself grin

Good to see you after a long time. Pls take good care of your job.

In 2012, I was literally being trailed due to my political stance. Indeed, one can get killed in the process of fighting for people who won't give a hoot about you.

We have to be VERY careful.
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by babasanti: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
GentleToks:

Heaven and earth knew that Iwu is the worst INEC chairman ever in the history of this country and deserve to go when he was asked to leave.

Jega and Iwu are not in the same class as far as integrity and pedigree are concerned. If Iwu was in a country where rule of law works, he should be dancing Etighe in prison by now with all his electoral atrocities.

Maurice Iwu my man, reminds me of jose mourinho in his first 2 seasons @ chelsea. Always smiling @ the camera when journalist accused him of conducting an unfair election. Hahahahahah
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by anwo247: 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
carboblanko:
All those citing Iwu's case are being disingenious. Iwu was not asked to proceed on leave 3 weeks befote the election. How can you change an umpire a few minutes before the end of the game?

Because the tenure was fixed before the election date. The law was made before the election date was fixed. So, the election must be according to the law and NOT the law according to election date.

However, at the discretion of the president, he cld either appoint another person or request that Jega sacrifice his 3months terminal leave.

It's always wrong to mess with the boss. There was an option for Jega to truly remain and be seen to be independent.
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by chibecanglobal(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Franchise21:
I remember vividly on presidential media chat, GEJ said there's no plan to sack Jega or forcing him to go on terminal leave
He never said he might not embark on leave.
He only said he would not sack Jega.
Asking Jega to proceed on terminal leave is not the same as sacking him.
I listened to mister president as he cautiously made that utterance in response to the question posed to him on wether he was disposed to sacking Jega
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by CORRECTMAN78(m): 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Northern elders are are 2nd to dev*l; it is said that a barking dog does not bite. However, this simple saying does not hold in their case-- they bark and bite even much more harder. About sometime 2011, they issued a threat to make Nigeria ungovernable if Jonathan wins, and indeed they ensured it by bringing on Nigerians, Boko Haram. I wonder what they are up to this time. But they should bear in mind that once beaten, twice shine.
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by GentleToks(m): 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
babasanti:

Maurice Iwu my man, reminds me of jose mourinho in his first 2 seasons @ chelsea. Always smiling @ the camera when journalist accused him of conducting an unfair election. Hahahahahah

Chaiiiii!!! That man can sell Nigeria for a plate of porridge............ Apariiii
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by tanning(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
NEF an noise makers. APC noise makers if they postponed election heaven will fall till today nothing happened coolJEGA shall proceed on his terminal leave according to the law and nothing wiLl happened cos you can't fight the but submit to the law. The law said he shall proceed on his leave so shall it after all JEGA. Is not protest. Cos He knows its constitution. If IWU went on leave so JEGA leave you must go NEF and APC obey the Law. Meanwhile GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by anwo247: 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
chibecanglobal:
He never said he might not embark on leave.
He only said he would not sack Jega.
Asking Jega to proceed on terminal leave is not the same as sacking him.
I listened to mister president as he cautiously made that utterance in response to the question posed to him on wether he was disposed to sacking Jega

Thank you bro. APC boys find it difficult to differentiate the actual meanings of words. Sack is certainly different from leave. Jonathan has promised not to sack Jega but that does not stop Jega from going for leave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
cut007:
See this inconsequential lunatic o! Hiding behind the mask of social media to spew rubbish! This guy they threaten F.G o! Looooooooool!!!! Bro, if Buhari, Atiku,tinubu, ameachi, Oshomole, Rochas + all APC Senators and House members couldn't do anything about election postponement (inspite of all the gingering), then forget it!! Your case is highly negligible!!!! Loooool!!!
even though your comment was an e-attack on me, but it still got me laughing. cheesy anyway just sit back tight and watch as things will enfold. We are ready for PDP
Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by lovat(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=Switpal post=31168949][/quote] together with our PVC we shall march GEJ to 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders by adeA1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019
sein ur last line has kept me mute as I knw whose camp u belongs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha Arrives National Assembly, Denied Accreditation / 'Bandits Treated Us Well' - Baptist School Student Freed On Health Grounds / Osun Election: Governor Oyetola, Wife Vote In Iragbiji (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.