Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

(Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / (Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency (852 Views)

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks / 3 Ways Of Making Some Money From Crypto Currency / Nigerian Banks Lose 24.5% Of Market Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency by jerflakes(m): 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good day all,

I went to UBA yesterday to buy some dollars and I was told that banks dont give out foreign currencies.

I was advised to go to a bureau de change.

Why do banks not exchange foreign currencies?

Thanks in advance.
Re: (Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency by jerflakes(m): 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Anyone?
Re: (Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency by jerflakes(m): 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Any help is appreciated
Re: (Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency by sholatech(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
In most countries of the world, it is not allowed for you to go buy dollars across the bank counter. You can only contact your bank and request for USD for allowable transactions such as school fees payments, BTA etc if you can provide supporting documentation
Re: (Answered) Nigerian Banks Foreign Currency by jerflakes(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
sholatech:
In most countries of the world, it is not allowed for you to go buy dollars across the bank counter. You can only contact your bank and request for USD for allowable transactions such as school fees payments, BTA etc if you can provide supporting documentation

Thanks bro.

Thats harsh o.

I wantrd to buy sone dollars at BDC but their rate is $1=N226

So I figured I could get it from the bank at $1 = N198.

Thats bad o.

Thanks again bro, you cleared it up.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed. / Creating Passive Income From The Comfort Of Your Home For More Enquiries...07068 / Project Finance/bg,sblc Specifically For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.