Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks (42248 Views)

Finally !!!fixed Deposit Interest Rate That Can Compete With Treasury Bills / Fixed Deposit Vs Treasury Bills: Which Pays Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Bolasolay: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please do anyone have any idea on the Current FIxed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks,,

please share

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
For UBA, you get N7000 for every N500k fixed for 3months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by lastmessenger: 7:46am On Jan 22, 2017
queendoreez:
For UBA, you get N7000 for every N500k fixed for 3months.
Thats very very poor

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by agent01(m): 9:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Ecobank gives 5% on 1m but 10% VAT will still be deducted .

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2017
lastmessenger:
Thats very very poor

Yes, very poor but i had to do it anyway because if the money remains in my account and i make withdrawals more than 3 times in a month i'll get nothing and since i make several withdrawals every month, i had to fix the amount i had no urgent need for at the moment.

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by xploits777(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
I took some more risk by fixing with an MFB for 3 months 14% PA. That comes to around 3.5% in net gain after removing withholding tax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by cmoney22222: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
for how many month fixing pls

agent01:
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by kunlef1: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
My advice to you is that instead of fixed deposit, you should consider Treasury Bills. You can invest for 3 or 6 or 12 months and get interest rates of between 15 - 19% per year. It is one of the means by which Federal government borrows money from the public.

But you need to find out the minimum amount to invest from your bank, but could be as low as 100,000 naira.

That is probably where your bank will invest the money too, and give you a third of the interest they get.

Cheers.

Kunlef.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Saintbonnie(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
Fcmb does between 10 to 12 per cent depending on how much you're investing

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by MrRhymes101(m): 7:40am On Jan 26, 2017
Fixed 100k in access bank 2yrs ago for 1month and got N600 as interest. But if na them borrow u money nw u go fear d interest rate they go demand. No wonder pple joined MMM..... Wedding MC

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Ermacc: 7:42am On Jan 26, 2017
kunlef1:
My advice to you is that instead of fixed deposit, you should consider Treasury Bills. You can invest for 3 or 6 or 12 months and get interest rates of between 15 - 19% per year. It is one of the means by which Federal government borrows money from the public.

But you need to find out the minimum amount to invest from your bank, but could be as low as 100,000 naira.

That is probably where your bank will invest the money too, and give you a third of the interest they get.

Cheers.

Kunlef.
text book economics

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by angelTI(f): 7:43am On Jan 26, 2017
Go for treasury bills!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Pavore9: 7:43am On Jan 26, 2017
Personally, l can not fix when l have some many ventures to invest in.

7 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by ct2: 7:43am On Jan 26, 2017
MMM still no 1

9 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2017
lol peeps just dont know what to invest in

your bettr off with penny stocks

or cryptos

or your get a binary options robot and target 10% a week on 1000$ plus

oh i forgot Nigerians dont do such stuff

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by tolexy05(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2017
Iyen ni won BA e so ni
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by bettercreature(m): 7:45am On Jan 26, 2017
Stanbic 12% before tax
Sky bank 10% before tax
Tax is about 2%

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by koladebrainiac(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
There is no official rate now

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Adesiji77: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
cheesy
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by geostrata(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
I don't know....but I know MMM rate is higher than it!

9 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by redcliff: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2017
agent01:

Vat on the interest or the money i put in?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by kaz4sure: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2017
Dear all,

Treasury bill is far better than fixed deposit, you can fix an amount for 91days, 180days or 365days at an annual rate of 15% to 17%.

The minimum amount required for treasury bill is 100k

9 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by kjhova(m): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2017
lastmessenger:
Thats very very poor

It is fixed deposit oh, a type of savings account. It is not an investment nor is it MMM.

N500k at 6% to 10% band for 3months is fair enough.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Mopolchi: 7:58am On Jan 26, 2017
kjhova:

It is fixed deposit oh, a type of savings account. It is not an investment nor is it MMM.

N500k at 6% to 10% band for 3months is fair enough.
Shebi?
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by haywhyb(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2017
kaz4sure:
Dear all,

Treasury bill is far better than fixed deposit, you can fix an amount for 91days, 180days or 365days at an annual rate of 15% to 17%.

yeah you re right I did for 750k n got 24or25k upfront payment
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by asitis752: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2017
kaz4sure:
Dear all,

what is the risk in it?
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by kaz4sure: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2017
No risk involved, treasury bill has ZERO percent risk factor. It is one of the safest investment in the world

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Cation(m): 8:06am On Jan 26, 2017
queendoreez:

Yes, very poor but i had to do it anyway because if the money remains in my account and i make withdrawals more than 3 times in a month i'll get nothing and since i make several withdrawals every month, i had to fix the amount i had no urgent need for at the moment.
why don't you try the ARM money market fund. the mutual fund buys treasurebills with your money and they are currently paying 15%
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by AlanSugar(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2017
kaz4sure:
Dear all,

And how do you go about it? What's the process?
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Cation(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2017
kaz4sure:
No risk involved, treasury bill has ZERO percent risk factor. It is one of the safest investment in the world
well said bro, I did not know u have introduced t. bills to her before I added my comment. if she can bid directly with banks it's a good one for her but if she is the busy type she can join any moneymarket mutual fund. registration and fund redemption is flexible.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Creating Jobs: Atiku's Plastic Manufacturing Company In Adamawa State(pictures) / Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.