Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? (36959 Views)

How My Blood Sister Treated My Wife! What Should I Do? / Will I Ever Get Married? / Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Dragonking: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
Am patiently waiting for Nairaland ladies to say something sensible about this issue...

if it was the other way round, they would have swamped here like say tommorow no dey..
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
go learn kun fu
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by chronique(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
Nice one. Since you decided to be a weakling,deal with it.

But on a more serious note,you've got to be firm and stern when passing your message across to her. For her to attempt to hit you over and over again,She probably must be seeing some kinda weakness in you(I might be wrong though). You've got to sit Her down and tell Her why you have to support your family. Also let Her know how supportive your brother has been for you. Personally,I'd rather not get married,than get married to someone who would break the bond between Me and my sisters and mum.

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by JayJustus(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
you need to talk to her and let her see reasons I don't advise a divorce please...just talk with her she's a human not a monster...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
She will understand African way of life because she is more caring and empathetic
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Alexsmith20(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
am coming..
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by SirShymexx: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lmao...emasculate men just make black men look soft.

Hey, just give her two shoulder punches and let her feel the pain without any scar and/or anything she can use as proof(s) of domestic violence. And trust me, she'll never try it again.

And if you live in Europe, go report the aggressive neanderthal to the social services.

But this is beyond hysterical. Sorry bruddah, I had to laugh. grin

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Prayers bro!
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by VickyRotex(f): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
The both of you should visit the Rehab sad

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Lilprincey(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Attend taekwondo classes..
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
imdeymolee:
go learn kun fu
Lol cheesy.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by ViktorMartins(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
I quite understand your plight, I'd recommend you two go see a counselor to counsel her of how things are done in Africa! You two should try and read the Bible, Quran to help out!

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pray and Get closer to God.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
JayJustus:
you need to talk to her and let her see reasons I don't advise a divorce please...just talk with her she's a human not a monster...
Someone who would hit another human, not just any human o

Her spouse, husband, partner, father of her kids and lover

Don't sugar quote it

She is a monster

FYI

Abusers never change

Do not ever in your life advise a woman or man to endure with an abusive partner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by TrishaP(f): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
Have you disclosed these complains to her already? It's in your hands to put her to order, she is your wife. Tell her the about how you feel about the physical abuse and if she doesn't show any signs of changes then give her some space. Who knows....she might be going through something she ain't telling you.. Study and find her problem. To me I don't think divorce is an option here.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Willgates(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
grin
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by jeje123(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pack-out of d hse now!
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lilprincey:
Attend taekwondo classes..

A lot of martial arts here.....
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by yemicoal(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
Op... Just give her space for awhile, maybe she will calm down
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I SUGGEST YOU DRUG HER DRINK THEN TIE HER TO YOUR CAR IF YOU HAVE ONE THEN DRAG HER AROUND AN UNTARED ROAD TILL SHE'S GIVES UP. IF SHE COMES TO A SECOND LIFE, SHE WILL LEARN TO RESPECT MEN cool

That is mean

Can't you read

She is a foreigner
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Dyt(f): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pray brother
Just pray
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by laivwire(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
This topic should not have been brought to the front page. The Op will have issues digging out the useful suggestions.

Mr Bokom, this situation requires caution. There's a way you can control these tantrums without hitting back but first you need to tackle the root cause.

As good as it feels to have a joint account, you need your personal account for other purposes. Even CEOs are on a salary scale and you can have that account separately.

2. You can try to convince her about the African lifestyle all you want but it's gonna be hard for her to swallow. Trust me. But should the fights continue, you either contain the situation or evade. You either restrain her or leave her to cool off because next time you hit her, your blows will get harder, and then she nose bleeds, followed by a concussion and who knows what next. My guy, don't put yourself in trouble.

That's my submission

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nickymezor(f): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hmmm, I dont even know to say undecided
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
bokom:
Hello Guys

My name is UD (not real name), a Nigerian and i am married to European who is 10 years older than me. We met in Europe but got married in Lagos.

Well, after our marriage, we always have family issues and fights like every other couple, but the problem i am having with my wife is that any time we are having our small misunderstanding, she always gets physical.. Initially, its just a small slap to my face and some nail scratching on my body here and there. And when this started in Europe, i will always try to walk away or hold her hands to calm her down, but seems the more i take the beatings, the more courage and bold she becomes in always hitting me during an argument or small misunderstanding with her.

Recently, we both came back to Nigeria for a business we brought down from Europe, and since we started living in Nigeria, i couldn't hold myself any longer as i have tried so in so many occasions to avoid hitting her back, but at a point i couldn't take it any more and i had to hit her back! though not so hard, but like oyibos, her skin where i hit her turned purple color and the next day everybody at our office was looking at me like the devil himself and a woman beater... I felt very very bad that i swore never to touch her again!

But last night she came all out for me again, hitting me, throwing lamps and whatever at me, and i lost it again and had to hit her! This time a bit hard! Please what am i supposed to do because i don't feel good after this fights especially when i have to hit her back.

And some of you might ask, why are we always fighting Well, i happens to be the bread winner in my family, but my wife doesn't understand why i should give money to my brother to help him in his business or pay for a new home for my mum. She said my family is too lazy and they should go and fend for themselves. My family is all i had and i feel obliged to help them even as i have a joint business venture with my wife and we run same account, thus finds out anytime i give them money. My brother was the one who helped and paid for my studies in Europe when his business was moving fine...now i feel i have to support him too because he has some problems with his business, but my oyibo wife will not hear of it and thus leads to our fighting and she getting physical with me..

Please guys, advise me what to do if you are in my shoes...only matured advises needed. Thanks

This!

Sort out that issue with your wife and your family.

Nigerians....before you marry, take into account the fact that cultures differ.Oyinbo culture is a OYO(On your own ) culture....even for close family....unlike Naija where you are expected to help a brother or sis out.

Furthermore....your wife resisting your spending money on your brother has more to do with the fact that she wants a better future for her children with you...and that needs money. Sponsoring your bro is not the way forward.

Hope your bro has alternative means of finance. And BTW....your wife should have taken time to understand the culture of the people she was marrying into. Love is beautiful....but it is not blind.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by tonero92: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
He should join Apc...hire House boy Amaechi and tout oshiomole to beat his wige grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by talktimi(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
She has a right to ask about the money since its a joint account. As a wise man, you're supposed to have one special private account tucked somewhere in case of rainy days like when you need a new toy (cars etc) or when you have to help the family. Next time don't ever beat your wife, there are better ways to deal with a woman and na she go tire.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by lilmax(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
I dont think you hit her real hard cus if you did she wont hit you

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
*sigh* whenever she hits u and take it like a gentleman that u re, u re only empowering her to do more of that. Is it until she smash ur skull with a sharp object before u know the danger u re in You Need to hit her back real good so she will understand that it's wrong to raise her hand against you.... Or you separate! This life is sweet oh, dnt allow one oyinbo woman dat can leave u @ d slightest provocation cut ur life short.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by chonchoro(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
just apply wisdom or better still look for a marriage counsellor that talk to both of you dt is if she is ready to
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by ProfGday(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
tell him to go and do gender-transplant...................... I can't lay man hands on any ladies but wht I do is putting d fear of God in them. I can take anything but I'M ALLERGIC TO RUBBISH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Can I Start A Family With 70k? / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.