Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? (36962 Views)

How My Blood Sister Treated My Wife! What Should I Do? / Will I Ever Get Married? / Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Elypsis(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
I think u gave her dat mind to raise her hand against u...its totally unacceptable...
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
pretydiva:
ur post is very senseless. Tot u said u wil only get married 2 oyibo..na like dis u wan dey do her ni?

Are you not the bittch that lied on a thread about how a girl was bleeped in church I don't exchange words with liars like u undecided

Oloshi onipata gigan

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by VickyRotex(f): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I SUGGEST YOU DRUG HER DRINK THEN TIE HER TO YOUR CAR IF YOU HAVE ONE THEN DRAG HER AROUND AN UNTARED ROAD TILL SHE'S GIVES UP. IF SHE COMES TO A SECOND LIFE, SHE WILL LEARN TO RESPECT MEN cool

Bro, do you still wanna date Foreign women grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by TrishaP(f): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
bee444:
I guess you are Igbo. Easy to know...you got married to an European woman. And if you're truely N'di Igbo, better teach her lesson now in Nigeria before heading back to your hole.

Seize her passport. Let her learn the hard way. Do some crazy stuff. Threaten her with a second woman and be a f**cking man.
You really harsh
Wikid grin
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by onila(f): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
grin
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yes i will and how is that your business
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Dragonking: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
TrishaP:

As easy as divorce sounds to you, it's not that easy the way it is. Did you even read the contents of the topic before calling me a hypocrite. His marital case is not as tough as it sounds for him to consider divorce. His case is one any matured mind can solve instead of reasoning the opposite.

If it was the other way round and the man beats the woman will you be saying all these? If not, then am correct..you are a hypocrite..
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
Wife beat husband? Sai....I can't beat a lady though, but what will even warrant my wife to hit me?has it gotten that bad? God forbid... It is a taboo in Igbo land embarassed oga tell us the truth, do you have a wife or kid outside your oyinbo?yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by IYANGBALI: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
Dis is one of the reasons I will never marry an oyinbo,the only thing they are good at is sex and nothing more. Abeg send her packing jo

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by pretydiva(f): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:

Don't ever mention me in any of your post. I don't give a Bleep about your opinion
as I don mention u so,cm do ur worst

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by TrishaP(f): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
VickyRotex:

I was going to ask the same question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by VickyRotex(f): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:

Yes i will and how is that your business

None of my business Bro... we aint fighting here...
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Suchie(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
bokom:
Hello Guys

My name is UD (not real name), a Nigerian and i am married to European who is 10 years older than me. We met in Europe but got married in Lagos.

Well, after our marriage, we always have family issues and fights like every other couple, but the problem i am having with my wife is that any time we are having our small misunderstanding, she always gets physical.. Initially, its just a small slap to my face and some nail scratching on my body here and there. And when this started in Europe, i will always try to walk away or hold her hands to calm her down, but seems the more i take the beatings, the more courage and bold she becomes in always hitting me during an argument or small misunderstanding with her.

Recently, we both came back to Nigeria for a business we brought down from Europe, and since we started living in Nigeria, i couldn't hold myself any longer as i have tried so in so many occasions to avoid hitting her back, but at a point i couldn't take it any more and i had to hit her back! though not so hard, but like oyibos, her skin where i hit her turned purple color and the next day everybody at our office was looking at me like the devil himself and a woman beater... I felt very very bad that i swore never to touch her again!

But last night she came all out for me again, hitting me, throwing lamps and whatever at me, and i lost it again and had to hit her! This time a bit hard! Please what am i supposed to do because i don't feel good after this fights especially when i have to hit her back.

And some of you might ask, why are we always fighting Well, i happens to be the bread winner in my family, but my wife doesn't understand why i should give money to my brother to help him in his business or pay for a new home for my mum. She said my family is too lazy and they should go and fend for themselves. My family is all i had and i feel obliged to help them even as i have a joint business venture with my wife and we run same account, thus finds out anytime i give them money. My brother was the one who helped and paid for my studies in Europe when his business was moving fine...now i feel i have to support him too because he has some problems with his business, but my oyibo wife will not hear of it and thus leads to our fighting and she getting physical with me..

Please guys, advise me what to do if you are in my shoes...only matured advises needed. Thanks

Thats what you get when you married a Foreigner,del with it.its been the same story always and you not going to be the last,very soon you will come back and write how she divorced you and took your kids withh her if you have any.Goodluck
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by appini: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
I suspect your wife is from eastern part of Europe.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by pretydiva(f): 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
VickyRotex:

leave him let him keep deceiving himself. Dats y he is stil searching4love

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
TrishaP:

I was going to ask the same question

Na my matter go kee many of you. Ugly hoes undecided
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by babico: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Which cops naija cop? grin
kliq:
Call the cops
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by jayAjoku(m): 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
bokom:
Hello Guys

My name is UD (not real name), a Nigerian and i am married to European who is 10 years older than me. We met in Europe but got married in Lagos.

Well, after our marriage, we always have family issues and fights like every other couple, but the problem i am having with my wife is that any time we are having our small misunderstanding, she always gets physical.. Initially, its just a small slap to my face and some nail scratching on my body here and there. And when this started in Europe, i will always try to walk away or hold her hands to calm her down, but seems the more i take the beatings, the more courage and bold she becomes in always hitting me during an argument or small misunderstanding with her.

Recently, we both came back to Nigeria for a business we brought down from Europe, and since we started living in Nigeria, i couldn't hold myself any longer as i have tried so in so many occasions to avoid hitting her back, but at a point i couldn't take it any more and i had to hit her back! though not so hard, but like oyibos, her skin where i hit her turned purple color and the next day everybody at our office was looking at me like the devil himself and a woman beater... I felt very very bad that i swore never to touch her again!

But last night she came all out for me again, hitting me, throwing lamps and whatever at me, and i lost it again and had to hit her! This time a bit hard! Please what am i supposed to do because i don't feel good after this fights especially when i have to hit her back.

And some of you might ask, why are we always fighting Well, i happens to be the bread winner in my family, but my wife doesn't understand why i should give money to my brother to help him in his business or pay for a new home for my mum. She said my family is too lazy and they should go and fend for themselves. My family is all i had and i feel obliged to help them even as i have a joint business venture with my wife and we run same account, thus finds out anytime i give them money. My brother was the one who helped and paid for my studies in Europe when his business was moving fine...now i feel i have to support him too because he has some problems with his business, but my oyibo wife will not hear of it and thus leads to our fighting and she getting physical with me..

Please guys, advise me what to do if you are in my shoes...only matured advises needed. Thanks
when was the last time you guys had really hardcore sex .... Dude screw the brains outta her for a week then sit her down and talk ...
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by kaybrizzy(m): 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Wetin carry u go europe
bokom:
Hello Guys

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
I want to believe you knew exactly what you were getting yourself into when you decided to marry a lady from the West.

Their culture defers greatly from the extended family obligations we are used to down here. I really do not blame her for getting upset with the way you give out her share of the money to your family.

Yes, giving to your family involves giving both your share and hers to them. If she has to do the same for her relatives, I doubt very much that you would be cool with it.

She is first and foremost your wife and your loyalty is to her first. If she is not happy at the current situation then I will advise that you device an arrangement she may be happy with.

You could make it such that for every naira you give to your family, she is entitled to withdraw the exact amount of naira for her personal use. I think this may solve the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I SUGGEST YOU DRUG HER DRINK THEN TIE HER TO YOUR CAR IF YOU HAVE ONE THEN DRAG HER AROUND AN UNTARED ROAD TILL SHE'S GIVES UP. IF SHE COMES TO A SECOND LIFE, SHE WILL LEARN TO RESPECT MEN cool

THIS ONE NA ADULT TOO?
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by creepsyme(f): 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hw many children do u have togeda?
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Myluv1: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
sisisioge:
Hmmmm, it is well o. Whew!

Take her on a trip around to show her how Nigerian family support one another. Explain your situation to her and to your family too. Help teach them how to fish anew by means of capita... Do not jeopardize your happiness cos of your sense of duty. God will direct your footsteps.
You took it out of my mouth 100%.
@Op, it is unfortunate she did not understand the family situation in our African society. Now that is the task that must be embarked on- making her understand and deal with how we do it here. Even paying off your brother will not work because occasionally, other family commitments will demand you to part with your money again; that's the reality you and your wifey should deal with. So, for the sake of your marriage, invest heavily into making her understand how family relationships work in our society. She is now in Rome and should behave like a Roman. Trust me you won't be happy to see your family in need when you can help even if you had settled them with a million bucks. I feel for you.

1 Like

VickyRotex:

None of my business Bro... we aint fighting here...

Back off and dont try to advice me cos undecided

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
wake her Up "in" the middle of the night,

plead with her to sit Up cos U have to discuss a very important matter with Her,

stand up, walk to her side of the bed,

kneel down, beg her to never put U in a situation that will make U raise Ur hand against Her again cos U are madly in love with Her & U hate seeing Her in cry.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by EphraimSpencer(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
I was tempted to ask "are u people tied in the Godly way" but I don't wanna sound religious here knowing here is a mixed religious platform. Here are few hints I would like to share...
BOTH OF YOU ARE ONE FLESH:
I wanna assume u were tied in. Religious way. If you were made to understand what "UNION" means, she should understand its all about common/mutual interest. Call back her conscience to the fact the hording money in the bank for tomorrow while watch today die out is foolish. Make her realise ur joy is being frustrated seeing ur bro biznex die! Remind her of that VOW u. Both made to each other on your wedding day......conscientize her to be in ur shoes...u should use ur nija-rap-sense scatter her brain as well as secure ur marriage and relationship with ur family.
STUDY HER MENTAL MAKEUP AND FAMILY ORIENTATION:
Honestly, its not easy to pull out someone from different tribe, believe system and orientation to suit yours.....it takes time and its a gradual process which u ought to have mastered while u were courting.....abi u rush give am belle abi na wetin? Remember whatsoever reason therebe, ur happiness and fulfilment. Is what matters not the company progress! Yet, this is the price to pay, stop paying now! Study her, engage her in chitchats and find out her loopholes, fill them! .......u get?
SHOW HER GOOD EXAMPLES:
U said she loves you, and u feel bad beating her...good! That's a clear denominator! I wanted to say u should make her understand what it means to be one flesh( religiously)! Anyone seen on d street slaping himself/or herself will be regarded as a mad man!......
Help an outsider too...make her cultivvate the habit of giving....
Again,,,,for ur marriage to last, u must not tell ur partner everything.....
Make her understand that life is best enjoyed when shared with others!
Finally Commit Ur marriage in God'S hand!!

Chai!!!!!my battery don mess me up!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
pretydiva:
leave him let him keep deceiving himself. Dats y he is stil searching4love

I rather search for love than approach you ugly and hungry lots. Dirty tramps undecided
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Dragonking: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Wife beat husband? Sai....I can't beat a lady though, but what will even warrant my wife to hit me?has it gotten that bad? God forbid... It is a taboo in Igbo land embarassed oga tell us the truth, do you have a wife or kid outside your oyinbo?yeye dey smell

Keep deceiving yourself...several ladies have even confessed hitting their men or husband even on this forum and you are here making a joke out of it...mtchheeew
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by toprealman: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
Mynd44:
Err.....

Can you get a temporary separation or outright divorce?

This is the same thing I will tell a woman whose husband hits her
DO YOU THINK DIVORCE IS THE WAY FORWARD? THE CAUSE OF THE MARITAL STRIFE IS NOT CHEATING OR RECKLESSNESS. SIT HER DOWN AND HAVE A ONE ON ONE CHAT. YOUR FAMILY SHOULD RESPECT YOUR DECISION.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
brito:

THIS ONE NA ADULT TOO?

My matter dey always make you wet undecided I'm sure you're self servicing now grin MUMU
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by lonngmann(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
igbsam:
grin

I came here to look at people's profile picture

and to read comments
smiley
and to occupy frontpage

and to look at the thread

and to see the silly man whose wife is beating him

and to see the op that posted this topic

and to see the mod that moved it to the frontpage

and to see how many views the topic gets

and to see who gets the highest number of likes

and to see how people will yab each other

and to see those that will shout GEJ till sh.it comes out

and to see the sai buhari crew

and to see the adverts people

and to see myself.

You didn't add...and those that will quote you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Can I Start A Family With 70k? / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.