Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! (1151 Views)

Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church / Nigeria Will Overcome Challenges – Mbaka / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! by jerrymej(m): 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
My write up is very lengthy and I wish someone might take much of his or her precious time to read it all. Because I know a lot of people most especially in this present generation are suffering from how to figure the right person or partners that they are moving with.

In the Proverbs 13:20, the bible says "he that walketh with the wise shall be wise but a companion of fools shall be destroyed".
In the quest of overcoming life challenges, the people you walk with matters a lot, it has been often said, "show me you friend and I will tell you who you are". If you are a friend of a criminal, soon enough, consciously or unconsciously, you'll join him in such criminal activities. The people you lead reflect the attitude you possess, when you have the right attitude while walking with the right people, its easier to maintain than to regain it. The people around us reflect the attitude we carry. Our attitude is a thing which draws people to us or repels them.
Elbert Hubbard once said "some men succeed by what they know some by what they do and few by what they are" who are you? Who are your friends? How much value do they place on you or do you place on them?
Back in secondary school, I had a friend who was a womanizer, and as you would have it, I soon joined him because he constantly encouraged me to go after ladies. Out of persistence, I begun and in due course, I got addicted to this lifestyle and found it very difficult to leave, but thank God I finally did. The bible says evil communication corrupts good morals. I kept on with the friend and nearly destroyed my destiny through my affairs with ladies. I overcame this habit by having good friends that came my way in the course of my life. The question now is how was I able to break off him? The answer is simple, build yourself on "the courage to say no", which dealt and dwelt on saying NO to bad friends, bad habits, wrong lifestyles and lots more. It was through this I developed the courage in me to change.
You can give your friendship to others, but you cannot really ask for theirs, it's their decision. Don't impose yourself on people, you have worth, if you are with friends that don't add value to you, walk away. It's better late than never. You can't help or help pull someone up from mediocrity if you stay down with them.
In choosing the right people as friends, you should look out for such characteristics as:
•. The person must be God fearing.
•. He or she should be pro-active thinker.
•. You have to study the way the person talks, behaves and their character.
•. The person should be running with a positivr vision like yours.
•. He/She should be creative.
Some might want to say friends are all the same but I tell you, it's not so, for we have bad friends and good friends. Good friends are those friends who believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself. They are people who walk in when others walk out on you,n they constantly encourage you to do the right things and not discourage you.
walking with the right set of people of friends ensures an upward and progressive life. Paramount to this, you'll be happy with yourself. To wrap this up, as young people, we should know that the friends we keep, weather good or bad will have and influence on us, one way or the other. It doesn't matter if you feel you are strong enough to guard yourself against bad influence but this happens because we learn everyday and as individual, we constantly accept or delete ideas in our mind. The environment you find yourself can also influence you through its cultures, lifestyles, characters, practices and beliefs and the people make up what an environment portrays. Now, I believe there are times you act, say or behave in a particular way and then you ask yourself, how could I have said so or why did I act that way? As no man is an island, you probably acted or said what you said because your learnt it somewhere, that's why the bible tells us to renew our minds through the word of God. There's hardly a person you call a friend who will never speak with you and thereby through communication, he impacts his ideas on you concerning various matters of life. And through constant relation, you naturally begin to accept yours as well. The best friend you could ever have is the lord and savior Jesus Christ. Follow His footsteps and you will never have a cause to regret. We have to carefully select the groups we cling to or join and the friends we Keep because; they could either make us or destroy us.

In this world there exist two different set of people;

1. THOSE THAT ADD TO YOUR VALUES; these set of people add to your greatness, increasing you in all ramifications, they propel and stand as catalysts to unleash the innate desires in you. They encourage you every step of the way, thereby helping you develop your potential and fulfill your God given destiny. They motivate and help you to believe in yourself in overcoming your challenges, encouraging you in bringing your vision into reality and helping you fulfill your purpose on earth. In all, they draw you closer to God.
2. THOSE THAT SUBTRACT FROM YOUR VALUES; the first thing these set of people do is draw you away from God. Some come in a way as though they are adding to you in the long run, they take the best out of you. They discourage you from fulfilling your vision, make jest of your talent.
They are just there for what they can get from you. They kill you spiritually, mentally, emotionally and pretend to love you physically.

Take time now and ponder over these things, run an analysis of the friends you have, do they add value to you? Put your feelings of love, affection, what they've done for you and how long you've been together aside. Be honest, and ask yourself these simple question, has your life in anyway been better since they came into your life? What do you discuss with them often? Are they things that have helped improve your life? Do they have vision for their lives? Are they purposeful? Do they encourage or always discourage you? And above all, do they love God?
Among all these people, the best person is the one that adds tour values is your present friend adding to your values?

Think about this.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Nigerian Prophets Who Predicted Jonathan’s Victory / Manner From Heaven!! U Need To See This Pix / African Parents And Act Of Kissing Their Children To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.