Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

What's The English Name Of This Fruit? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The English Name Of This Fruit? (65683 Views)

4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name / Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For / What Is The Name Of This Fruit? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by newsprocom: 2:08am On Mar 01, 2015
It is Shekau Fruit, is that not what he eats in his video, they guy dey chew ehnn...

ok, on a serious note..Someone said Suade fruit....lmao grin but it is called VELVET TAMARIND, thanks to my agric. teacher, Mr. Abidemi grin
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by holyeye1989(m): 3:46am On Mar 01, 2015
CHEREKU ...IS DE NAME BOTH IN.AMICHI....NNEWI SOUTH ....ANAMBRA..NIGERIA..AFRICA....AND WORLD AT LARGE...WE ALL CALL IT CHEREKU... wink wink wink shocked THIS MY LAST STICKER EVEN SABI PRONOUNCE AM... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Aitee1: 7:20am On Mar 01, 2015
datguru:

Lol, I don't mind

Then I'm not just lucky but I'm blessed grin

A beariful morning to you and a happy sunday!
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Aitee1: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Pennyways:
wait make I comfirm

undecided
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by datguru: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2015
Aitee1:

Then I'm not just lucky but I'm blessed grin

A beariful morning to you and a happy sunday!

Thanks, you too. Have a nice day ahead
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by sample042(m): 8:16am On Mar 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
I blame the lack of name of the Fruit on GEJ

Dis got me laughing.
GEJ don suffer for Nairalanders hand.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by wadremremmy: 8:17am On Mar 01, 2015
cozyvan:
You people should help me with the name.. Please
AWIN is AWIN,
what did u want to call it, Prof. Wole Soyinka gave garri name so y we no fit give awin name too
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by miftaudeen(m): 8:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Chaii its name na omosetan omoyorun
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Baylow25(m): 8:42am On Mar 01, 2015
it is called black tamarind
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by RAO1(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2015
Vitamin C2
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:59am On Mar 01, 2015
Elypsis:
Suede fruit na.....#rotfl#
@Elypsis has killed me this morning, now I ave stomach upset.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by DJMCOTTY(m): 9:02am On Mar 01, 2015
Lol. ... That was nice.
sample042:

Dis got me laughing.
GEJ don suffer for Nairalanders hand.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2015
cheesy cheesy

''Corcofee''
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by smartoliver(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2015
Velvet tamarind
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Xynthialuvy(f): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Mcquine:
licky licky
sweet Jesus, u re just too funny.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by bawz012(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2015
Elypsis:
Suede fruit na.....#rotfl#
werey re ooo!
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by tinyfellow: 10:29am On Mar 01, 2015
spinach aint efo tete ma nigga.....spinach is eti gbue!
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Revolva(m): 10:36am On Mar 01, 2015
liki liki ...na so we dey call am cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by debedebe(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2015
Awin....
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by gentlegg(m): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2015
supereagle:
Ndi Igbo call it Green ; Yoruba call it Efo Tete.
thanks a lot and to Germeeu

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Elypsis(m): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
DJMCOTTY:
@Elypsis has killed me this morning, now I ave stomach upset.
baba u no agree with me say na suede
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Evanscoth(f): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Black velvet Temarind
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by rago(m): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sodiumdawg:
eeeeeeEEEEEEE!

I KNOW AM! I KNOW AM!

NA EKPAIDEEKPAIDEOWOWORRAGBURRURRU FLUIT!

CHECK AM FOR WIKKEDPEDIA!

badt boi
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by abubkhr: 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tsamiyar Biri in (Hausa)
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by deavicky(m): 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
cozyvan:
You people should help me with the name.. Please
lecky! Lecky!!
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
sweet Jesus, u re just too funny.
lol but seriously that's what we call it when we were kids. OK so tell me what's your own name for it...
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
(unranked): Angiosperms
(unranked): Eudicots
(unranked): Rosids
Order: Fabales
Family: Fabaceae
Genus: Dialium
Species: D. cochinchinense
Binomial name
Dialium cochinchinense
Pierre
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Sugarpeaches(f): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Mcquine:
licky licky

That's what I call that fruit too ! Funny enough I was asking my friends 2 days ago what the English name is after we saw it at a fruit stand in the market, they all said they didn't know. So licky licky is what I'll call it till I know the English name .
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
velvet tamarind
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by faithchubby93(f): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
In benin we call it "Amuge"
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by dorcasamalu: 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
It is called Likiliki, in Lagos
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by supereagle(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
IYANGBALI:
helen can lie,awin means crwdit in english grin
It is correct . It is the same spelling , but different pronounciation .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The ₦6000 Bunch Of Plantain Mofe Duncan Bought (Photo) / How To Tell If Your Eggs Are Still Fresh / A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.