Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues (15681 Views)

On Ffk, Jimoh Ibrahim And Salient Matters- Pius Adesanmi / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Rad1cal:

We dey your back big time. Nothing dey happen.

We go dey burst their bubble dey go.
Thank you Jare...Make them de jonze themselves. Imagine Obiagelli de threaten fire and brimestone!!!! APC ppl sha
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by EbukaFran: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you Jare...Make them de jonze themselves. Imagine Obiagelli de threaten fire and brimestone!!!! APC ppl sha

Solomon, where did she threaten you?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Rad1cal: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:

Na frustration cause am. They have lost the tempo and momentum while GEJ is on the March to greatness' come March 28th.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Amnesty is still on?

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in Damaturu, the
Yobe State capital, dashed the hope of those seeking
amnesty for the Boko Haram sect, saying that the federal
government has no plans to extend such cloak of grace to
members of the group that are faceless.

allafrica.com/stories/201303080223.html

I think i am done bringing relevance to an empty thread. I urge PassingShot to do same.
I think you should also take comprehension class. The FG said they won't gv faceless group amnesty but they must come out(as earlier stated). Copy and paste the words of Jonathan and stop being half-smart... You funny o

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 01, 2015
Rad1cal:

Na frustration cause am. They have lost the tempo and momentum while GEJ is on the March to greatness' come March 28th.
it is funny how they assume that they are contesting against barcanista...is it that they have given up on catching up with Jonathan? Or they have completely lost it?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by BrokenTV: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
PassingShot:
This is you again barcanista:

My friend stop spaming this thread with your diversionaly tactics and refute what Barcanista posted with your own fact.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Rad1cal: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
it is funny how they assume that they are contesting against barcanista...is it that they have given up on catching up with Jonathan? Or they have completely lost it?

They have completely lost it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 01, 2015
@Obiagelli here is Jonathan's position on Amnesty for BH according to your link...
He said, "You cannot declare amnesty for ghosts. Boko Haram still operates like ghosts. So, you can't talk about amnesty for Boko Haram now until you see the people you are discussing with".

But the president said that he could consider the idea of granting amnesty if members of the group, which has claimed responsibility for the series of killings of persons and bombings of private and public buildings, make themselves available physically for negotiations.

Like I said, you should stop being mischievous and be patriotic.

Jonathan has been consistent, Buhari is confused.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2015
BrokenTV:

My friend stop spaming this thread with your diversionaly tactics and refute what Barcanista posted with your own fact.

Why do I need to look for different facts when there are established facts already?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
@Obiagelli here is Jonathan's position on Amnesty for BH according to your link...

He didn't know this before he offered amnesty? Abeg am done here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by BrokenTV: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Why do I need to look for different facts when there are established facts already?
Have you tackled the issues he raised.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
EbukaFran:

Solomon, where did she threaten you?
Please help me ask am? Turning every debate to his "self" rather than the topic he started with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:

How is Buhari confused?

Buhari advocated for dialogue with Boko Haram when it was very conceivable to do so.

Now, he says dialogue should no longer be an option because it's surely not a sensible thing to do now given the magnitude of destructions and killings the sect has caused.

How is this a confused position?

Patrick Azazi revealed that PDP is Boko Haram. You and I know what happened to him.

Jonathan said to the whole nation that Boko Haram had infiltrated his government.

He also said that Boko Harams are his siblings to a bewildered nation despite the fact that they had killed and maimed a lot of innocent people.

Please stop the nonsense here! PDP/GEJ are sponsors of Boko Haram for political gains.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 01, 2015
BrokenTV:

My brother help me tell them o.

Rad1cal:

They have completely lost it.

We shall continue to entertain them. grin

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2015
BrokenTV:

Have you tackled the issues he raised.

Sure I have. Go through his earlier posts which I quoted and you will see that I have; that is if you read with sincere mind.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

He didn't know this before he offered amnesty? Abeg am done here
You see how hypocritical you are? You alleged mischievously that GEJ has backtracked on his Amnesty and even brought a link without pasting his word. I don't know whether you understand the government's policy or you are just out to do your usual APC one-way traffic. Anyway, is it Jonathan that told Old Buhari to talk Amnesty in Nigeria and No Amnesty in London? You need to be patriotic woman

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by EbukaFran: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Please help me ask am? Turning every debate to his "self" rather than the topic he started with.

I was happy when everybody ignored his thread through out yesterday, he was so hurt and felt slighted. We need to ignore the charlatan, his cup is getting full and when the time comes, he will have to explain his actions to those supporting him today.

He is not intelligent or eloquent. His grammar is sub standard. The only thing he brought to the APC campaign on NL is his passion and you guys have tens of people who are just as passionate.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by EbukaFran: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
You see how hypocritical you are? You alleged mischievously that GEJ has backtracked on his Amnesty and even brought a link without pasting his word. I don't know whether you understand the government's policy or you are just out to do your usual APC one-way traffic. Anyway, is it Jonathan that told Old Buhari to talk Amnesty in Nigeria and No Amnesty in London? You need to be patriotic woman

You are a liar

This is what she wrote

Amnesty is still on?

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in Damaturu, the
Yobe State capital, dashed the hope of those seeking
amnesty for the Boko Haram sect, saying that the federal
government has no plans to extend such cloak of grace to
members of the group that are faceless.

allafrica.com/stories/201303080223.htm

You can use derogatory words like 'old' Buhari, it doesnt matter. Nigerians will vote for him. We want an Old President that is not corrupt

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by BrokenTV: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Sure I have. Go through his earlier posts which I quoted and you will see that I have; that is if you read with sincere mind.
I have gone through the thread from page 1 to here without pin pointing any fact except personal attack on his person.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
EbukaFran:

You are a liar

This is what she wrote

You can use derogatory words like 'old' Buhari, it doesnt matter. Nigerians will vote for him. We want an Old President that is not corrupt
lol, what she wrote was the words of the Journalist and not that of Jonathan. See Jonathan's words in quote
He said, "You cannot declare amnesty for ghosts. Boko Haram still operates like ghosts. So, you can't talk about amnesty for Boko Haram now until you see the people you are discussing with".

But the president said that he could consider the idea of granting amnesty if members of the group, which has claimed responsibility for the series of killings of persons and bombings of private and public buildings, make themselves available physically for negotiations.
in other words, we won't grant amnesty to ghosts, but to those who are interested after they SHOW up!

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
BrokenTV:

I have gone through the thread from page 1 to here without pin pointing any fact except personal attack on his person.
Walahi them wan hide and turn am to barcanista thread.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:

Since you won't answer my questions, there's is not point.

Did gej not know that boko haram is a faceless group before he offered amnesty?

How many people have the FOI bill taken to jail?

Quote me when you have answers.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:

Am I missing something? When did barcanista cross carpet? I just saw your recent posts. No Barcanista, you are far better than this! Just when you about to get to the finish line. Even if you had reasons to switch, you could have done that respectably without coming out to attack the "things" you once stood for.
Like Fani-Kayode! No serious minded politician takes him serious, even amongst the PDP. They are just using him to achieve their own purpose(attack dog). They know deep well the type of person he is and can be.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by CaptainAmerica1: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:

Did Jonathan initially offer amnesty or not?

Just give me the answer. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by BrokenTV: 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
Walahi them wan hide and turn am to barcanista thread.
Thats their style if they can't counter the thread they tend to go personal. I have seen how they are attacking from the beginning of this thread. Leaving the message, attacking the messenger.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
1. 2012 SUBSIDY REMOVAL...
The Governors Forum comprising of ACN/APC, PDP and APGA Governors led By APC's Rotimi Amaechi in 2011 agreed with the FG to remove subsidy. www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-governors-agree-on-removal-of-fuel-subsidy/99978/

The same ACN/APC later played to the gallery to condemn President Jonathan and Okonjo Iwaela for removing fuel subsidy. They didnt sanction and condemn their Governors that had proposed it along with PDP Govs.
[url]m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/78897/1/fuel-subsidy-removal-president-jonathan-needs-help.html[/url]

How is this still an issue. The fact remains that subsidy was removed and GEJ promised palliatives with the subsidy removed but has failed woefully to deliver on that promise.

barcanista:
2. EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT DEPLETION
Since the Obasanjo administration, state Governors had been putting pressure on the government for the sharing of the Excess Crude Account which they termed "illegal". The pressure was transferred to Musa Yar Adua and when Jonathan took over in acting capacity, the Governors led Bukola Saraki(Now APC Senator) demanded that the ECA be shared. The President obliged after they instituted legal action. Amaechi led NGF went for the final kill to demand for the sharing of the Excess Crude Account. The question now is What Project did these Governors embark on with there share of the $20b ECA? What did APC Govs Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola, Ahmed, Yari, Shetima etc do with their share of ECA? What moral justification does the Apc have to blame Jonathan for the depletion of ECA?
m.allafrica.com/stories/201002160320.html/
thecitizenng.com/governance/jonathan-approves-1bn-for-states-from-excess-crude-account/
Don't be economical with the truth barcanista! The governors had a valid reason to insist that the ECA be shared given the established fact that the money was being looted/depleted without their knowledge then. Amaechi said it to the whole nation that each time they convened for a meeting, the balance in that account was always below what they knew or informed in the previous meeting. You know this fact and you supported them then.

barcanista:
3. CHIEF ALAMESIEGHA PARDON...
The National Council of State is a statutory advisory body which comprises of All Former Heads of State, Former President, the 36 Governors, the Chief Justice of the Federation, President of Senate and House of Representative Speaker, the Vice President and the President as the Chairman. In 2013 the body pardoned former Governor of Bayelsa State Chief Alamesiegha, who was convicted for corruption. APC's Governors Ibikunle Amosun, Adams Oshiomhole were at the meeting; while Nasarawa state governor, Tanko Al Makura, sent in his deputy, Dameshi Luka. Three Former Heads of State were also present.Nobody raised opposing voice.
Sadly, the opposition and a section of the media have been "Blaming it on President Jonathan".
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/125276-acn-cpc-complicit-in-alamieyeseigha-bulamas-pardon.html
This is idiotic at the best. The Council of State is an advisory body and Jonathan is at liberty to pardon or not pardon. Like I have posted earlier, you clearly said/agreed in the past that GEJ did it for personal reasons given that he was a deputy to Alamesiegha who brought him into politics. So it was pay back time for him. Stop the foolery please!

barcanista:
4. TRANSPARENT LEADERSHIP...
Jonathan signed the Freedom of Information bill into law on May 30, 2011. Just 24hrs after presented with the bill. The law has given Nigerians the privilege to know how much the president appropriates for feeding allowance, nigerians can access contractual documents entered by the federal government. We can invoke it to see invoices and know what goes on. With the FOI, it becomes difficult for thieves to steal without being exposed. Shady deals can never be hidden from the public etc. We may not have perfected its use but we are on the right track.

Meanwhile the APC and their supporters keep telling us how Jonathan is the most corrupt leader in human history. The same "incorruptible" APC specifically their Governors in Lagos, Rivers and Oyo have been fighting tooth and nail to ensure that the law isn't domesticated. They will rather not let us see their books and only feed us whatever suits them. For instance Governor FASHOLA and Ajimobi refused to grant the request of SERAP to access document on how they expended World Bank Education loan that runs into multi-million dollars in their respective states. Fashola also vehemently told a Lagos resident that his(resident) request to see the invoices of Tinubu Owned Alpha Beta shall NEVER be granted.

I don't know who is "more" corrupt between a President that allows everyone to see the books and opposition that vowed never to be transparent?
Another outdated crap with the FOI. States that have not signed the bill cut across all political parties. Of what importance is an FOI bill that is not respected or followed? With the FOI bill, has GEJ/NOI provided Nigerians with the details of the PWC's NNPC forensic report? All they told us is that NNPC is asked to return $1.4Bn whereas we now know that the report says "at least $1.4bn". There are surely more damaging submissions in that report hence the thieves (GEJ/NOI) have not heeded the call of NASS to submit that report.

barcanista:
5. ON PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
In 2011 Nigerians in unison blasted Goodluck Jonathan and VP Sambo for "dodging" the NN24 debate. In fact the opposition parties took it personal. The President was so moved and he repented of such undemocratic decision. His party announced their readiness to participate in ANY Presidential debate against the APC and Buhari.
The Apc and Gen Buhari on the other hand took over the undemocratic arrogance in this 2015. They first gave their word that they will participate in a neutraly organised Presidential debate. ChannelsTV came to the rescue and they(APC and Buhari) withdrew at the last minute. Not just that, they closed every avenue for Presidential debate but rather adopts "Arrangee" Town Hall Meeting where their supporters will ask them questions that they already know the answer. Their Presidential candidate will rather go to London to deliver speech to audience without PVC than to engage his fellow contestants in debates. What are they afraid of?

This is very cheap. You surely are capable of better stuff.

Lol at "the president was moved and repented". This statement alone confirms that you have been compromised. If not you would not know if Jonathan was moved and repented.

Let me tell you the game: GEJ/PDP deliberately avoided a debate in 2011 (as they had done in 1999, 2003 and 2007) just because they knew they were winning those elections and as such didn't want to mis-step to give any advantage to the opposition party then. The same PDP is only now begging for a debate just because they know that they are losing the election and hope that a debate will afford them some additional gain.

APC on the other hand have seen the connivance of PDP with the organizers and hence pulled out of the original debate (I hope you will not come back to tell me to prove anything on this because the partisanship of Dokpesi and co in that debate is a public knowledge). You may argue that why not other organizers and I will tell you that APC is strategically right not to accord any audience to the losing PDP. PDP surely needs the debate more than APC. Besides, APC cannot be sure that any other organizers cannot be compromised by the desperate PDP/GEJ.

barcanista:
6. BUHARI STAND ON BOKO HARAM: AMNESTY OR NO AMNESTY?[/b]
Buhari in April 2013 stated his support for amnesty for BokoHaram. In his own word in support of the FG proposed Amnesty for BH.

However, it was worrisome when only few days ago the same General Buhari told his London Audience at the Chattham house that

One begins to wonder why the exGeneral will say one thing in Nigeria, and another in London?

Buhari's stand on Boko haram has always been on point if not consistent.

Firstly, he advocated for amnesty and dialogue when it was the right thing to do.

Presently, he is saying that the period of dialogue is passed given the amount of havoc the sect has caused. How is that difficult to understand?

Sincere minds know that PDP is Boko Haram (as you yourself has said in your earlier posts). Patrick Azazi was killed for revealing same.

I leave you with this from your previous conviction with special focus on Ali Modu Sheriff.

I quote barcanista "As Governor, he appointed boko haram leader into his cabinet as religious affairs commissioner. He was also named by Australian investigator, Mr. Davis to have a link with boko haram. He is an ally of President Goodluck Jonathan" The question now is, is Ali Modu Sheriff, the sponsor of Boko Haram, according to your books, no longer a close ally of GEJ?

barcanista:
[size=13pt]Comrade Abba Moro, PDP[/size]
Position: Minister of Interior (Incumbent)
Moro's Ministry conducted the infamous immigration recruitment that saw young job seekers part with N1000 each. Sadly, 26 of the Youths died in the ill planned mass recruitment test in Abuja. He blamed the unfortunate victims for "being impatient". He remains a member of the cabinet

[size=13pt]Alhaji Modi Sherrif, PDP[/size]
Position: Governor, Borno state (2003-2011)
As Governor, he appointed boko haram leader into his cabinet as religious affairs commissioner. He was also named by Australian investigator, Mr. Davis to have a link with boko haram. He is an ally of President Goodluck Jonathan.

[size=13pt]Alhaji Tafawa Balogun[/size]
Position: Inspector General of Police (2002-2005)
Looted N13 billion belonging to the force.

[size=13pt]Mr. Shettima Bulama[/size]
Position: ex-MD, Bank of the North
Looted salaries that belong to civil servants attached to Bank of The North.
Aftermath: Was pardoned alongside Alamesiegha by President Jonathan in 2013.

[size=13pt]Other Mention:[/size]
Chief Theordore Ahamefule Orji (PDP): The best governor (reverse) since 2007
Ekiti PDP youths: The only group that is constitutionally empowered to beat judges inside their own court.
Lagos PDP: The only party that rigs its own Governorship election where 806 were accredited but 863 voted.
Doyin Okupe: The only high chief that wakes up one morning and called himself a bastard. He also possess the power to equate the President with Jesus Christ.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
BrokenTV:

I have put everything together for you lots. Now come back with sincere and logical argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
Blainz:

Am I missing something? When did barcanista cross carpet? I just saw your recent posts. No Barcanista, you are far better than this! Just when you about to get to the finish line. Even if you had reasons to switch, you could have done that respectably without coming out to attack the "things" you once stood for.
Like Fani-Kayode! No serious minded politician takes him serious, even amongst the PDP. They are just using him to achieve their own purpose(attack dog). They know deep well the type of person he is and can be.

He specifically asked for "protection" from Gbawe and other progressives in order to continue to support APC. And since he didn't get it and probably got it from PDP (with our stolen wealth of course), he jumped fence.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
BrokenTV:

Thats their style if they can't counter the thread they tend to go personal. I have seen how they are attacking from the beginning of this thread. Leaving the message, attacking the messenger.
let them continue. Na them go tire...before them go know March 30 don reach and Jonathan announced winner.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by PassingShot(m): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
let them continue. Na them go tire...before them go know March 30 don reach and Jonathan announced winner.

Now that I have addressed your points in the OP, can you respond logically please?

Btw, if in the unlikely chance that GEJ/PDP steal a "win", we progressives will hold our head high in the knowledge that we stood for what is right and just. Same cannot be said of you.

For me and many other progressives on this forum, it's a case of doing our best to save the pauperized Nigerians from the thievery of PDP. To God's Grace, I am very very comfortable. Doing very well beyond your imagination with my family.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Chigold101(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
The worst is that they will rather turn blind eye to their deficiencies to shout "change"
dont you see thattheshout of change has reduced now... It will soon die down...

Never AGAIN
Re: Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues by Kolade354(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
on who first considered pardon for Alams, it wasn't Jonathan but his predecessor Yaradau. Anyway, that isn't the issue. The issue is ALL of them agreed on the pardon, APC Govs, Speaker, Senate President, PDP Govs etc agreed with the list to pardon the offenders which included Alamesiegha. Hence, all of them takes responsibility. Did the APC Govs disagree?

As for the buses for the paliatives on subsidy removal, though I wasn't happy with the removal because it was so ill-timed and ridiculous, my position and anger is the double standard played by the APC. They moved for the removal because it will give them more money, however, they on their part didn't own up(except Oshiomole), while the APC started talking rubbish about Jonathan to play politics with what they were part of. The President may not have done enough as parliatives, what about the APC Govs that got more money from the Federation account as a result of subsidy removal? What did they do with the money and what parliative did they put in place? We must look at this both ways

@Bold: The military will never come to power to rule over united Nigeria. If you propose disintegration, then we shall consider.
Just wait and see but remember I told you today that the millitary will take over one day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Police Arrest 400 Suspected Thugs (photo) / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe School, Three Students Killed, 20 Injured / China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.