Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46601 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

214 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by ArchEnemy(m): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
Dont mind them. They should better come forward and prove themselves while they still can.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Rilwayne001: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
I am totally in support of this. He should debate and shame the saTANists oncecand for all.

But on a lighter note I like/want debates but making it compulsory is a joke too far, are we part of any kindergarten?

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Dont mind them. They should better come forward and prove themselves while they still can.
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
he shouldnt honor it cos it should be a presidential debate for all candidate....

#equalhumans

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by ArchEnemy(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(CAN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.
and this is a fresh election, the meal of yesterday will not quench today's hunger.

208 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MalcoImX: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Now that the certificate thing is not working, they've got another lies to disturb us for a week or so – as if they really want to debate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Collynzo419: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Disappointed but not surprised

Out of every 12,.........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by searay(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
sad
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by bruno419(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
angry grin grin
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by searay(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
sad tongue undecided
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Obrigardo: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
There will be a reverse news soon. GMB has been known to surprise people for a while now
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lol

Buhari won't even be able to remember the stats he's supposed to arm himself with, for the debate.

Those guys that work with channels will make him worse than obafaiye Shem.

Obviously, buhari doesn't have a mind of his own, people will continue to dictate for him, even if he wins. Talking about the APC cabal.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by dridowu: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
I wish also that GMB will honour the debate by Channels/Arise/NPAN .

7 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by otijah(m): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
You don't have to blame them, how can soeMone who doesn't a waec cert go into debate with a Phd holder. Wetin una want am to speak or talk, Abeg free the man joor

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:
I am totally in support of this. He should debate and shame the saTANists oncecand for all.
Thank you! This is a man that has faced Amanpour, BBC hard talk about 3 times, and a hosts of foreign journalists and he didn't fumble.

15 Likes

I'm really saddened by this turn of events. am I sure the general is the right choice afterall? if he is refusing blatantly to debate, how much more addressing seriouz national issues?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by ayukdaboss(m): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'm fully in support of this. I was really disappointed when I read the news that Buhari was boycotting the Channels TV debate. In my own view, that debate was going to be totally non-partisan and would've provided a level playing field for all Presidential Aspirants. APC should stop trying to influence the General not to debate Jonathan and other aspirants, if it is because of his accent, many Nigerians don't mind as almost every tribe has it's own accent...What is most important is the message being passed across. Why would anyone be scared of debating Jonathan who has failed so woefully?? shocked

Personally I would have even preferred a GEJ vs GMB face-off where both candidates throw direct questions at each other on live TV.

23 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Henrick007: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
India has never been to the World Cup
because FIFA won't allow them sing and
dance for 15 minutes after every goal. So I
heard.. LOL

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by apcmustwin(f): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
True talk!
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
you better cross carpet before its too late.

this party has dented what is left of your sense of reasoning

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by fishkaveli(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
you can't give what you don't have...
Buhari don't have anything to offer
person wey dey naked no dey put hand for pocket.

gej till Aston villa win EPL

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by tolexy007(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
bbc hausa will be d best for d debate....if u agree with me hit the like button and u if dont click d share

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by adrainuche(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
Enough of this political jingoism and holla ballu.... me self dun tire buhari and Gej every where na how many votes una get abi hw much dem dey pay una... Quote me if you don't have a Standard six cerfiticare ...

PDP and APC na d same people just different gang name smiley

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by yurme(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
_

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by itoldu: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
The Road to Aso rock don get potholes but na SUV we carry come

Sai buhari

5 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Obrigardo: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
I like you barcanista. You are unbiased even when you support APC. I wonder if pdp supporters can caution the President like you did.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by acidtalk: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE FEBRUARY 14.

* POWER : The power situation of the country will NEVER improve if this government remains in power as the money bags supporting this government are the sole importers of fuel and diesel and the make billions of naira in profit everyday by gaining from the epileptic power situation of the country.

* SECURITY : Billions are budgeted for security but yet nothing to show for it especially in the North East of the country. Jonathan has politicized the military and made it equally Corrupt. The military, police, sss only flex their powers at the opposition and harmless citizens.

*YOUTH EMPOWERMENT : Sure P and the like are money siphoners the government setup to siphon money. Those who needed to benefit from it aren't as every penny is being embezzled by the same government.

*TRANSPORTATION: Before you that pointing at the railways which is Jonathan's ONLY achievement, ask yourself if that is the same kind of coaches us in this present day world. Brazil, Czech, Venezuela, Mexico and others just resuscitated their rail transport and each country spent FARLESS than what our government claimed to have spent and with a more modernized end product.

* ECONOMY : Nigeria's economy is SINKING SERIOUSLY. Whether you believe Charles Soludo, Sanusi Lamido, and other economist or not, the truth remains that an economy tsunami is about to take place in the coming months. Over 30% of government workers, banks, oil and gas, Marin, insurance, fund managers, manufacturing will be out of job in the next few months. Ngozi Iweala and others can twist figures and refute the truth as much as they can but the truth is about to unviel itself soon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by bastien: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari na 2mins man na...... Weitin e get to yarn?

24 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Hollawaley(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Wait o...is it by force if he likes he'll do the debate and if he doesn't want to, you cant force him abi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abdullahi Babangida Muhammed Tears PDP Membership Card OBJ Way / Boko Haram Blocks Yobe Highway, Battles Soldiers In Adamawa / Primate Ayodele: 'Blood Will Flow, Nigeria May Disintegrate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.