Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? (2996 Views)

Ibo Or Igbo? What’s The Difference? / Nigerian Traditonal Wedding: Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]
Guys want to marry but no money, Jobs don scars for 9ja. We need alternatives.

I don't have any idea about the expenses in Igbo's marriage, however I almost know everything about that of Hausa-fulanis and I have a little idea about that of the yorubas. In the hausa community the husband pays the dowry (called the' Sadaki' and the least amount to be accepted is around N5000 as at January 2015), he buys the bride's clothes ( it is called 'lefe' and his family nomally give contributions), he also provides the accomodation and finally he will take her complete responsibilities after the marriage. The pride's family on the other hand provide the furniture, the kitchen ware, the electronics e.t.c. Summery the expenses are share between the two families.
I was discussing this issue with my friends in Zaria when a Yoruba friend of mine told me that in their culture, It is the groom that takes 100% responsibility. He do everything that is needed for the marriage to take place. Ever since that day I have been wandering about it. I wanted to know in which among these tribes the groom spent less. Because guys want to marry but no money, Job is scars for 9ja. We need alternatives.

Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by victor2008(m): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
The amount to be spend depending on the individual, either hausa, igbo, yoruba all do have elaborate wedding
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by cozy7(m): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
I learnt that d Yoruba pple don't collect bride price, on top of that d bride's family sponsors d wedding with (any form of) support from d groom.

BRO, MARRY FROM D YORUBA TRIBE AND SPEND NOTHING, ALL U NEED DO IS TO IMPREGNATE HER

1 Like

Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by absoluteSuccess: 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Op, do you want to choose your bride on the cheapest or costliest dowry scale? With due respect, things like these dont borther us on plut, sweet home. Earthlings has created several burdens to take the rest away from the rest of his life. Poor mankind.
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
It's pocket dependent grin
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by Beamborla(f): 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
The only thing you take full responsibility for is the bride price and all other required items.
The engagement ceremony is always the total responsibility of the bride's while the wedding reception is the responsibility of the groom's.
Most times, the bride's family still come with their own meal to serve as 'Just in case' or as an addition.

In a nut shell, the responsibility is always 60:40; 60 for the groom, 40 for the bride.

The amount you spend now depend on the nature of wedding you chose.
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by nerodenero: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
OP, it is Bride and not pride.
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by nerodenero: 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
cozy7:
I learnt that d Yoruba pple don't collect bride price, on top of that d bride's family sponsors d wedding with (any form of) support from d groom.

BRO, MARRY FROM D YORUBA TRIBE AND SPEND NOTHING, ALL U NEED DO IS TO IMPREGNATE HER
Until you impregnate the one that would land you in Kirikiri grin

1 Like

Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
cozy7:

Hahah cheesy @cozy7, O boy is that all? Chaee! There is God Ooo! Na so them kuku cheap reach? O boy no let the yorubas hear you ooo!
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
nerodenero:
I please help me tell him before he impregnate dozen and get his load transfered to kirkiri sharp-sharp without delay.
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by absoluteSuccess: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
nerodenero:
Dude must be from that hood, I'm sure he can still be implicated by forensic studies, base on the confession of the rapist Okadaman that was on frontpage today.
Re: In Which Nigerian Tribe Did Guys Spent Least In Marrige? Hausa, Yoruba Or Igbo? by magnifecent(m): 7:07am On Mar 01, 2015
why tryin to make the way so long for us now? we that are no married, and also intending to marry yorubas? Hey to tell you this, if it were free before,(bride price) a very huge som would be imposed on it by now! just because of what you said. However, its not about the money, but its about how good the intending bride is to me.

(1) (Reply)

A Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Igboland • Story Of Ugbodu, Others In Delta Sta / . / Life Growing Up As A Kid In Nigeria:- Funny Things You Did, Lets Hear Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.