Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139955 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2015
tumababa:
Stanbic protocol you will go through is worse than going through hell. If not for their exchange rate, I won't have up to ₦ 50 in dat account. After activating mobile banking I still need to call cc to remove limit. Same with Internet banking. Been calling for 20mins( wasted 400 ₦ ) no reply. Sent mail no reply.
You need all the patience in the www to use Stanbic!!!

Even when you go to the bank you will be told to call cc. WTF!!!!!

lol... sorry am laughing about this sad news but i had to. i also experienced same today when i called to ask for my statement. i spent 20minutes on the first call and just when they were about to finish addressing my request, MTN network failed me. i called back and after 10minutes no one picked, so i hung up. i was pissed but not too much cos on my call plan, 30minutes only amounts to 180naira. anyways i resorted to emailing them because traditionally that has been my means of getting what i want, they replied asking me to provide answers to about 9 questions as means to ensure i own the account. I ended up deferring it until i get home cos i couldn't answer some of the questions as the documents bearing the information were at home.

my advice is go through email. Another thing i have noticed is, if you want your calls to be picked quickly, go through the specific channel and not the general channel. i.e if its a card problem you want resolve, when you dial CC, follow the voice prompt for card issues before you dial 0. This is because there would be less callers in a particular section compared to the general section, also you will avoid those annoying transfers their agents place one on after picking simply because your query lies outside their department.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2015
einsteino:

Yes they did it about 3 hours after i mailed them demanding for it to be deactivated.
lemme ask you, how will you use your mobile banking if you deactivate it? A code is sent to you every time you want to make transactions... It works like a token given for 2400 in gtb. I thought of deactivating too since I receive mail at same time but this code kept me thinking cos they don't send it through email.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2015
This their 4 naira is just too much for me... Within hours I'll just see like 5 4 naira deducted in my mini account statement.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Adebayolove(m): 12:02am On May 20, 2015
Jeffy1206:
lemme ask you, how will you use your mobile banking if you deactivate it? A code is sent to you every time you want to make transactions... It works like a token given for 2400 in gtb. I thought of deactivating too since I receive mail at same time but this code kept me thinking cos they don't send it through email.

That's quite different for transaction alert. You can disable the SMS alert for transaction and still get safe token via SMS. You can mail them for more clarification.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by einsteino(m): 5:25am On May 20, 2015
mavinc4u:

How did you know how much you were charged but you didn't receive the 4 digits code?

by checking the difference between cleared balance and effective balance

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:00am On May 20, 2015
einsteino:

Yes they did it about 3 hours after i mailed them demanding for it to be deactivated.
Good. I think I will do that too
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 12:56pm On May 20, 2015
tumababa:
Stanbic protocol you will go through is worse than going through hell. If not for their exchange rate, I won't have up to ₦ 50 in dat account. After activating mobile banking I still need to call cc to remove limit. Same with Internet banking. Been calling for 20mins( wasted 400 ₦ ) no reply. Sent mail no reply.
You need all the patience in the www to use Stanbic!!!

Even when you go to the bank you will be told to call cc. WTF!!!!!
I didn't go through all these. I only submitted the data update form I saw in my card envelope and attached to a mail and sent to their cc. I link my card to paypal and instantly mail them for the code, they asked some question through email and I replied dsame day got the code.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 3:23am On May 21, 2015
Gtbank
Mastercard
Amazon
N209.99/$
21st May.

Can't wait for my StanbicIBTC card to be active, I'm porting straight up
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by miqos02(m): 7:52am On May 21, 2015
frebor:
Gtbank
Mastercard
Amazon
N209.99/$
21st May.

Can't wait for my StanbicIBTC card to be active, I'm porting straight up
same here
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2015
STOP WASTING YOUR CREDIT CALLING STANBIC!

Email them ur issue and tell them to call you back and advice accordingly. Simple!

When they call, talk for 100hrs if u want.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 21, 2015
Stanley08:
STOP WASTING YOUR CREDIT CALLING STANBIC!

Email them ur issue and tell them to call you back and advice accordingly. Simple!

When they call, talk for 100hrs if u want.

i have a learnt a lot from this thread. this actually worked. my mobile banking, internet banking and all stanbic bankings are all up and running now.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2015
Please which other mean to send money to china as the company i need to purchase item do not accept paypal.
I want the exchange rate to be 210
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kennyman20(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2015
jesbu:
Please which other mean to send money to china as the company i need to purchase item do not accept paypal.

u can use accessbank western union money transfer.. But, how're u sure the company is genuine? Ask ur agent to help u make investigation on the company authenticity first..
All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 3:05am On May 22, 2015
another wahala with stanbic. trying to make a payment of $2425 and its being denied. called cc and d lady says its due to BVN (which has been updated since). she said it has not been updated. transferred my call to another rep who checked and said d BVN has been updated. after wasting 25mins, they still didn't resolve my issue. i had to cut the line and sent a mail hoping they will call. this is really frustrating. all because i want to use 199.5 ₦ to a $ !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 3:48am On May 22, 2015
tumababa:
another wahala with stanbic. trying to make a payment of $2425 and its being denied. called cc and d lady says its due to BVN (which has been updated since). she said it has not been updated. transferred my call to another rep who checked and said d BVN has been updated. after wasting 25mins, they still didn't resolve my issue. i had to cut the line and sent a mail hoping they will call. this is really frustrating. all because i want to use 199.5 ₦ to a $ !!!!!!!!!!!!

Resolved!! Bvn resent thru email and transaction allowed. Using Stanbic requires mama peace
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:54am On May 22, 2015
tumababa:

Resolved!! Bvn resent thru email and transaction allowed. Using Stanbic requires mama peace
cos mama peace' is a virtue. wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 8:32am On May 22, 2015
kennyman20:

u can use accessbank western union money transfer.. But, how're u sure the company is genuine? Ask ur agent to help u make investigation on the company authenticity first..
All the best!
Thanks very much.
I have done good business with them. I buy used phones from them. I don't want to buy dollar at 222 that's why am looking for other means of payment.
Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:26am On May 22, 2015
jesbu:
if you are in Lagos we can meet & I help you send it or you chat me on my signature via WhatsApp
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2015
tumababa:

i have a learnt a lot from this thread. this actually worked. my mobile banking, internet banking and all stanbic bankings are all up and running now.

Just like A B C...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by miqos02(m): 7:18pm On May 22, 2015
Stanley08:

Just like A B C...
pls help with stanbic email, I have problems attaching my card to paypal
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 8:44pm On May 22, 2015
tumababa:

Same here, thanks to everyone.
Cc Stanley08, Jeffy1206

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 12:00am On May 23, 2015
miqos02:

Your account must have been limited by stanbic. Give them a call at late hours of the day or early hours of the day.012709676
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by cyif2003(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2015
gtb dis morning charged 209.99 to a dollar
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Cvesta(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2015
GTB has finally refunded the balance of the shortfall in the earlier refund that I complained about after series of twitter msgs,mails,flimsy excuses from them and my standing my ground,mail to CBN as well as threat to close my account move my fund to that #199.5 a dollar bank.. i was refunded in full ..screenshots of the refund below

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by miqos02(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2015
mavinc4u:

Your account must have been limited by stanbic. Give them a call at late hours of the day or early hours of the day.012709676
thank you, the cc rep at the Ikeja branch where I picked up the card says it is not restricted
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2015
Please any other to reach stanbic bank. I mail it bounce back , that there box is full. i called no picking up. Any help from you guys will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2015
miqos02:
what kind exactly? Are you using Yahoo mail?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 3:23pm On May 23, 2015
miqos02:
thank you, the cc rep at the Ikeja branch where I picked up the card says it is not restricted

That is what they would say, what error where you getting? Mine happened because of address verification
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mployer(m): 8:16pm On May 23, 2015
jesbu:

If they don't accept PayPal, stay away. It could be fraudulent.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2015
mployer:

If they don't accept PayPal, stay away. It could be fraudulent.

Thanks very much
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by wisehouse(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2015
anyone 2 help me recieve paypal $22.5. hw much is ur exchange rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.