Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? (13885 Views)

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by DaZion(m): 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Some Youths nowadays are so lazy to go to church because they do quote the bible that "God is everywhere"..
Though, I believed that God is everywhere but Is it important for Christians to go to Church before one's prayer be answer?

Please Brethren, let's discuss, what's your views about this?

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Pr0ton: 12:04am On Mar 01, 2015
Those who quote that to defend their not going to church are, in fact, the real Bible-knowing Christians. They utilize their logical reasoning of the words from their holy book.

But since the collection of tithes and offerings is a highly profitable business, your pastor will hide that from you.

To those who might want to raise an objection against my post, have in mind that I posted in the context of "getting prayers answered" and nothing more.

22 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by sammieguze(m): 1:00am On Mar 01, 2015
No. God answers prayer anywhere and everywhere.

Church activities is for us to strengthen ourselves.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by eleojo23: 6:42am On Mar 01, 2015
God is omnipresent. The importance of gathering together is for fellowship. God likes to see his children gathered together and doing things as a body. There is strength that comes with fellowshipping with one another. You get encouraged, challenged and edified.
However, one must not limit his Christian experience to only what he gets from group meetings. One needs to cultivate his own person relationship with God so that he can develop deep roots.
That way he will have something tangible to offer the body (i.e other brethren) when he comes in contact with them.
One's spiritual vitality depends largely on his inner capacity i.e the much he has personally learnt from spending time with God. That is what will keep him going in hard times when no one is around.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by datbay(m): 6:42am On Mar 01, 2015
The bible says "Do not forsake the gathering of the blessed".The bible also says "when two or three are gathered in my name, in their midst will I be and bless them".So therefore you can choose your answer from those bible passages whether it is Yes or No.

10 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 01, 2015
No. . .

[size=18pt]Folake with cancer needs our love and care[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2110709/please-safe-folake-urgent

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 01, 2015
Nobody answers prayers. Stop talking to yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by driand(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2015
Depends on his/her belief.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by championeh(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2015
No, No and No
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Austindark(m): 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
the answer is no
but to get to know God properly, we need church. tho not the nowadays church that preaches prosperity, miracles, deliverance and their likes simply to enrich themselves. in short the Pentecostal church are all guilty of that ( am sorry if dat offends anyone)

well even Jesus belong to a Church and attended religious gatherings ( the Jewish religious group). tho when things went wrong he cleansed it.

well church is necessary for interchange of faith and building one another up. but u must not sleep in church for ur prayers to be heard.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by aktolly54(m): 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Your heart is your church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by d33types: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
prayers? Of course no.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by lonelydora: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
"Wherever two or more are gathered in my name, there I shall be". It is important to go to church to fellowship with brethren; but that does not mean your prayers will not be answered at home. Most times I work on Sundays, and I am sure my prayers are always answered without me being physically present.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by korel9: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Na wetin make I still dey house this morning so grin
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by orimion(m): 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Church going is not so that your prayer might be answered. You can pray any where. But it's always good to worship God in the company of your fellow brethren at least once a week.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by KingsleyCEO: 6:45am On Mar 01, 2015
It's not a must though, but for you to be strengthened as a Christian you must not forsake the gathering of the Saints... When you hear testimonies from a fellow Christian your faith is stirred up.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by gameboy727(m): 6:45am On Mar 01, 2015
No, not necessarily. Prayers are answered anywhere. Be it your home, the hospital, on the battlefield, in the motor parks, in the exam hall, anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by jay2pee(m): 6:45am On Mar 01, 2015
Keep the sabbath day holy....... What does this really entail Ur prayers can be answered as long as u pray with a pure and sincere heart. But as for going to church, its to strengthen our faith

The way I appear on front page these days, hmmmm..... My prayers is being answered via NYSC com may
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by gememerald(m): 6:47am On Mar 01, 2015
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. - Hebrews 10:25

2 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2015
no

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by anonimi: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2015
No.

Not at all necessary.

Check John 4 and the conversation Christ had with the Samaritan woman at the well who wanted to know the PLACE to worship God. Christ said there is NO defined place as God desiresto be worshipped in spirit just as He Himself is a spirit NOT confined to any particular place.

You can also read what Christ said on HOW/WHERE to pray just before the 'Our Father who art in Heaven' prayer.

Shallom!
Salam!!
Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by tdayof(m): 6:47am On Mar 01, 2015
This morning I came up with something on my mind, was actually thinking if it was right tho'
Told my mum to let us have our service @ home and take the offering(s) to beggars..

Am I doing the right thing? lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2015
The is like asking " Must you go to Gym before u gm have a nice body shape" ?/ No and Yes..
No Because the Main church is not the Physical building or hall u called ur church, that is the physical church. The Main church is in you once you know Christ it is the Spiritual church.
No wonder the Bible says Your Body is the Temple of God..

However ,the Physical and Spiritual church must complement each other.There are some serious prayers that may have to be rendered by you in the house of God so that other brethren can breathe power upon the situation.
The Bible says when two or three are gathered the Lord is in their midst.
I can continue writing but the main is just for you to discern with the help of the holy spirit when to personally pray and when to seek help in your prayer life from the house of God.
peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by abe27633: 6:48am On Mar 01, 2015
interesting topic!
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by stephenponti(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2015
No
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Lordwheez(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2015
You might decide to rule out other weekly church gatherings but I strongly believe....SUNDAYS.....should not be missed.....its sabbath...and must be kept holy.....even Jesus never missed a sunday service.....#quote_me_if_you_wanna..:p HAPPY NEW MONTH Landers ..

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Ayyy(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Its in God's commandment
U shall serve d lord your God only
Remember d sabath day 2keep it holy
Will u hide in ur house corner & expect God 2 ans u? Never. For its by faith n Grace we reciv in goin 2 church dat make our prayer answer in anywhere we pray

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by jay2pee(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Nobody answers prayers. Stop talking to yourself.
I don't need to say much on this because ur name tells it better..... Just REPENT or PERISH
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 01, 2015
when d bible says "forsake not the assembly together of the brethren" its not to stand as a law but rather as an advice from God to his children because in the assembly we encourage one another, strenghten one another, share testimonies and receive help when in need however all this can also happen anywhere. Church means "a gathering of believers" hence if we relate this to the book of acts where the bible said that the early christians had fellowship together and broke bread from house to house this depicts that anywhere believers gather is a church..it could be at home, in the office and so on. God answers our prayer anytime and anywhere. The concept of leaving ur home every sunday to attend one church somewhere is a doctrine of man as me and my neighbours who are believers can decide to have fellowship in my house and that is church...it could be on any day of the week and God would always be glorified therein

3 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by teemanbastos(m): 6:50am On Mar 01, 2015
xure.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 01, 2015
jay2pee:

I don't need to say much on this because ur name tells it better..... Just REPENT or PERISH
Perish like that stupid dead fool u worship?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog / Renouncing My Christian Faith / Pastor Oritsejafor Dances Joyously As CAN Honours Him With Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.