Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) (2241 Views)

'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / Militants & Cultists Surrender Their Weapons To Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) / China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Sanchez01: 1:00am On Mar 01, 2015
When the thread 'China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria' grazed Front Page yesterday, I was excited that the insurgence would stand no chance, particularly when the likes of Russia and China have stepped in. However, the source to the story was questionable. I was forced to visit the 'source' to the story only to find a wacky introduction, the same as the one posted on the forum.

I further queried Google by searching 'China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria' but was disappointed because I found nothing on the story, both home and abroad. Fortunately, there was a clue; a website was glued to the edge of one of the pictures (see picture one below). I visited the website and found jaw breaking war planes, mine trucks, APCs and IFVs, Artillery, etc., and I searched the images carefully for hours until the puzzle was solved.

Picture two below is the original picture posted by the OP of the thread in the other article. The name of the air craft, however, is Boeing B-52H Stratofortress with the direct link to the picture HERE.

Summary
Description
A U.S. Air Force Boeing B-52H Stratofortress of the 2d Bomb Wing static display with weapons, at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana (USA), in 2006.
Date 2 February 2006
Source U.S. Air Force photo 060202-F-6809H-100
Author U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Robert J. Horstman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:B-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpg

The Boeing B-52H Stratofortress operator is the United States of America. How possible is it then for Russia and China to send us an aircraft that is exclusively operated and built by the US?

I need not bother myself about the other two pictures because the link to the image is provided on one of the images. The number of blogs presently spreading this obvious lie is well over 10 presently.

Happy New Month to everyone reading this grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by AfroBlue(m): 1:06am On Mar 01, 2015
elementary my dear sanchez

great cyber detective work!

5 Likes

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Sanchez01: 1:08am On Mar 01, 2015
True, we all want the insurgence eradicated but not in lies. I'd say Nairaland is presently responsible even though the thread on FP says 'reported'. The Mods and the Super Mods should always investigate articles/sources before pushing them to the FP. The polity is well heated already and adding to the heat would be cruel.

PS: Investigate is 'sweet' grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Sanchez01: 1:15am On Mar 01, 2015
Seun
Lalasticlala
OAM4J

Please do the needful...

3 Likes

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Mayorblaze: 1:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Thought as much..

Because our airstrip and airport (both military,local and international) doesn't look like the pics the guy posted

(schooled at nigeria airforce academy kao kaduna, so don't ask me for source)

6 Likes

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Truth24(m): 1:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Happy new month y'all Nairalanders.....
My month of birth, Happy birthday in advance to me....
Big ups to all those born on March!
#Marching on

1 Like

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by papaejima1: 1:34am On Mar 01, 2015
Bros you have just shown how rudimentary your reasoning is. You sincerely expected DHQ to come display its weapons for you as shown on that thread?
We all knew those images were not the ones brought in. Even the link at the botton of the image is a dead giveaway.

Chai, where do you think the 2 cargo planes that brought in weapons on wednesday came from?
Where do you think the Bigfoot MRAP came from?
The Antonov A-22 cargo plane that has been flying in and out of Nigeria since this month came from Aba abi?

Ever heard of the Oplot Tank and the T-72 MBT?
Since you like googling, try googling those terms, and while there add the CH-3 drones and the Mi-35 hind attack helicopter. Try the BVP and the BMP series too.

When you are done pls post your findings and the countries of origin of said equipment for all to see.

Otherwise head over to beegeagle. and be properly educated.
Dont just create a topic where you have little or no idea about what you are talking?

The only correct thing in your post is that the photos presented are not those of the equipment brought in. As for weapons coming in from the said countries, bros the inventory will leave you speechless.

Trust me on that.
#NeverAgain

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by teemanbastos(m): 1:51am On Mar 01, 2015
and yet some PDP e-bastards were slamming me.
Bokoharam pple..dy killed azazi cos he spoke d bitter truth.
Dy av xtartd threateninq to kill d bornu pastor.

PDP-WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING.
Losers!

3 Likes

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Sanchez01: 2:06am On Mar 01, 2015
Lemme conduct another investigative, but this time, on you...
papaejima1:
You sincerely expected DHQ to come display its weapons for you as shown on that thread?
No, we don't expect them to display it on Nairaland because it is not their official website. Satisfied?
We all knew those images were not the ones brought in. Even the link at the botton of the image is a dead giveaway.
Wrong, people swallowed the tale hook, line and sinker, myself included. Even Seun and his mods were not spared and that explains why the thread made FP.
Yes, the Oplot is Manufactured and operated in Ukraine and is manufactured by Malyshev Factory
Chai, where do you think the 2 cargo planes that brought in weapons on wednesday came from?
[img]http://4.bp..com/-8JJfs4y2DCM/VBtFXRYgs8I/AAAAAAAAIE0/BqpXwUJV0D0/s1600/bigfoot%2Bmrap%2Bapc.jpg[/img]
A Nigerian soldier posing with a CS-VP3 MRAP
The Bigfoot were purchased in September after the US refused selling to us.
The vehicle, according to Wikipedia is used by
Croatia
South Africa
United States of America
Pakistan
International Security Assistance Force, and is NOT licensed/restricted or manufactured by Russia, rather the US and various others.

Unfortunately, most of what you mentioned are not manufactured and operated by Russia.

Funny how you know the name of the weapons that were bought by the NA last year but cannot tell which or what has been bought this time around. You claim DHQ wouldn't flood the internet with pictures, yet, they have flooded the internet with every previous purchase.

Now, the main ish is this, the creator of the thread did so citing a blog as his source, whereas not a word from the DHQ, neither from the FG nor from any recognized print.

And even when the previous weaponry were bought, the term 'send' was not used because we paid for them. My sole understanding of the word implies 'gifting' and in this regard, China and Russia gifted us the US weaponry which were snapped in 2006.
You sure are one to rant.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by lonelydora: 2:12am On Mar 01, 2015
I didn't comment on that thread because i know it was false. One of PDP propaganda. SAi Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by eunisam: 2:33am On Mar 01, 2015
i never beleived that story that was why i didnt comment on that.
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Lordsocrates: 2:57am On Mar 01, 2015
Happy New Month Folks, God would #Change yOur live, 360 degres, from Mediocre Level to levels of Excellence, #NeverAgain for any Reason will God alow your Enemies to attack and laugh at you before saving You, from CluelessNes God would Make you knowledgeable and well grounded above your peers,
From being incompetent God would make you Efficiently Competent in your dealings...
God would increase your Value before your Friends and Foes alike... God would CHANGE your life for the very Best as we #March into this New month.
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by jaytee01(m): 4:17am On Mar 01, 2015
papaejima1:
Bros you have just shown how rudimentary your reasoning is. You sincerely expected DHQ to come display its weapons for you as shown on that thread?

The Antonov A-22 cargo plane that has been flying in and out of Nigeria since this month came from Aba abi?

Since you like googling, try googling those terms, and while there add the CH-3 drones and the Mi-35 hind attack helicopter. Try the BVP and the BMP series too.

When you are done pls post your findings and the countries of origin of said equipment for all to see.

Otherwise head over to beegeagle. and be properly educated.
Dont just create a topic where you have little or no idea about what you are talking?

The only correct thing in your post is that the photos presented are not those of the equipment brought in. As for weapons coming in from the said countries, bros the inventory will leave you speechless.

Trust me on that.
#NeverAgain
Are you refuting the busted lies? Your post does not change the fact that the original thread referred was full of fake pictures!

It sure casts doubt on the veracity of the rest of the story. However, what is certain is that new armaments have been procured. But there is no need to generate lies from that.

4 Likes

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by jaytee01(m): 4:20am On Mar 01, 2015
Sanchez01:

You created a new moniker using Muslim name just so you could post rubbish. Life must have taken its toll on you.
Don't mind that m oron!
Can he properly feed himself from the pay per post job?

1 Like

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by parkhurst: 4:28am On Mar 01, 2015
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 01, 2015
weda dey send or not...God is with us, BH will definitely be a history
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by cirmuell(m): 7:24am On Mar 01, 2015
Nairaland handlers better start verifying posts before sending them to homepage, you know say no be today this kind ish dey happen. I pray you guys don't make an irredeemable mistake someday. undecided

1 Like

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by tempest01(m): 8:23am On Mar 01, 2015
Even if the pictures were from the internet, does that mean that Chinese and Russian equipments never arrived?

Maybe someone in the know of things, boots on ground started the topic.

You don't expect the military to welcome you to take pictures of new inventory.

Conclusively, I can't conclude till there is an official position on the supplies
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Sanchez01: 9:08am On Mar 01, 2015
tempest01:
Even if the pictures were from the internet, does that mean that Chinese and Russian equipments never arrived?

Maybe someone in the know of things, boots on ground started the topic.

You don't expect the military to welcome you to take pictures of new inventory.

Conclusively, I can't conclude till there is an official position on the supplies
Exactly my point! The military would have made the an official statement/announcement about the procurement. And if they haven't spoken up concerning newly purchased weaponry, how then was a blogger able to make an 'unofficial' announcement concerning the weaponry? Funningly enough, the topic on FP did not give details on what was bought (by this, I mean the spec cum model of the machines. No spokesperson spoke about the purchase and the machines.

When the CS-VP3 MRAP aka Bigfoot were purchased in September last year, DHQ made it know that they had purchased about 5 of the beast and some pictures were released online with out soldiers posing with the machines. When then would this be any different?

I could remember uncovering a fake story which was reported by Vanguard a somewhere last year, about US soldiers arresting a Boko Haram member. We were all excited that the US had come to help out but the picture gave them away as I, upon investigation, discovered that the picture was that of French soldiers who captured a man. Vanguard pulled the news from their website immediately the thread made FP, but it was obviously too late as I had captured their website in a screenshot. Nairaland was not criticized then because the story of the US soldiers on our shore had been reported while the OP of that thread gave Vanguard as his source. Who would be accountable for this awful news this time; the wacky blog the news was culled from, the OP who posted the thread or Nairaland who glorified a fake news?

No one is saying NA did not purchase these weapons from these countries, but at least, let a credible source give us the information so that their integrity could be called to question the moment something otherwise surfaces.

1 Like

Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by papaejima1: 9:27am On Mar 01, 2015
Sanchez01:
Lemme conduct another investigative, but this time, on you...

No, we don't expect them to display it on Nairaland because it is not their official website. Satisfied?

Wrong, people swallowed the tale hook, line and sinker, myself included. Even Seun and his mods were not spared and that explains why the thread made FP.

Yes, the Oplot is Manufactured and operated in Ukraine and is manufactured by Malyshev Factory

[img]http://4.bp..com/-8JJfs4y2DCM/VBtFXRYgs8I/AAAAAAAAIE0/BqpXwUJV0D0/s1600/bigfoot%2Bmrap%2Bapc.jpg[/img]
A Nigerian soldier posing with a CS-VP3 MRAP
The Bigfoot were purchased in September after the US refused selling to us.
The vehicle, according to Wikipedia is used by
Croatia
South Africa
United States of America
Pakistan
International Security Assistance Force, and is NOT licensed/restricted or manufactured by Russia, rather the US and various others.

Unfortunately, most of what you mentioned are not manufactured and operated by Russia.

Funny how you know the name of the weapons that were bought by the NA last year but cannot tell which or what has been bought this time around. You claim DHQ wouldn't flood the internet with pictures, yet, they have flooded the internet with every previous purchase.

Now, the main ish is this, the creator of the thread did so citing a blog as his source, whereas not a word from the DHQ, neither from the FG nor from any recognized print.

And even when the previous weaponry were bought, the term 'send' was not used because we paid for them. My sole understanding of the word implies 'gifting' and in this regard, China and Russia gifted us the US weaponry which were snapped in 2006.
You sure are one to rant.

Funny you. So you sincerely believed seun and his mods were taken in by those pics? SMH.
There is something called traffic bro.

Meanwhile, I just told you that the only thing you got right in your post was the fact that the pics were not of the said weapons.

As for "gifting" that may be your understanding or even that of the OP but I never saw it from that perspective.

On a final note, DHQ will not display its new weaponry in public even on their own website except they have been fully inducted into service and operational at the frontlines which is why you see the pics of MRAP, BTR, BMP, INKAS and even the recent SA made REVA field ambulance online.
Anyone hoping to see photos of new acquisitions displayed for the world to see has another think coming.
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Kingspin(m): 9:37am On Mar 01, 2015
No need because we have weapons now.
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by papaejima1: 9:39am On Mar 01, 2015
Sanchez01:

Exactly my point! The military would have made the an official statement/announcement about the procurement. And if they haven't spoken up concerning newly purchased weaponry, how then was a blogger able to make an 'unofficial' announcement concerning the weaponry? Funningly enough, the topic on FP did not give details on what was bought (by this, I mean the spec cum model of the machines. No spokesperson spoke about the purchase and the machines.

When the CS-VP3 MRAP aka Bigfoot were purchased in September last year, DHQ made it know that they had purchased about 5 of the beast and some pictures were released online with out soldiers posing with the machines. When then would this be any different?

I could remember uncovering a fake story which was reported by Vanguard a somewhere last year, about US soldiers arresting a Boko Haram member. We were all excited that the US had come to help out but the picture gave them away as I, upon investigation, discovered that the picture was that of French soldiers who captured a man. Vanguard pulled the news from their website immediately the thread made FP, but it was obviously too late as I had captured their website in a screenshot. Nairaland was not criticized then because the story of the US soldiers on our shore had been reported while the OP of that thread gave Vanguard as his source. Who would be accountable for this awful news this time; the wacky blog the news was culled from, the OP who posted the thread or Nairaland who glorified a fake news?

No one is saying NA did not purchase these weapons from these countries, but at least, let a credible source give us the information so that their integrity could be called to question the moment something otherwise surfaces.
This now is where you are making a point I can relate to. But if you knew the ways of our military, you'd have known it was easier for a nun to give up her virginity than them giving you timely info on military acquisitions.

Is it not a surprise how we've had attack drones and never knew about them except by accident?
Same applies to many others.
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by Guyman02: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2015
I dont care what is displayed. The issue is that BH is being crushed and I dont care where the Govt gets the weapons
Re: Untrue: Russia And China DID NOT Send Weapons To Nigeria as claimed(evidence) by jobsat34(m): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:
True, we all want the insurgence eradicated but not in lies. I'd say Nairaland is presently responsible even though the thread on FP says 'reported'. The Mods and the Super Mods should always investigate articles/sources before pushing them to the FP. The polity is well heated already and adding to the heat would be cruel.

PS: Investigate is 'sweet' grin

you think it aint deliberate?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Was Right, All Regions Will Not Be Developed Equally By The Fg. / Photo-These Are People That Are Suppose To Go To Sambisa Forest To Fish Out BH / Gov. Fayose Compared With Other Govs In SW..... Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.