Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator (38136 Views)

My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by NemzySeries(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Generator issues even in 2015!!!...wen orda neighbours are dragging car space ure dragging generator position?...D only solution to dis is moving to ur own hauz and i see dat coming b4 d yr runs out.....if u bliv it hold on d like button

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by chat2deen(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
And dis poo made fp? Hmmmmmm
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ceejay80s(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:

So many options indeed to pick from. Buh some can't work. We have no serious association as someone suggested. The guy and I have talked about this several times; in fact we ve been on it for more than a year. Initially, he was running the gen all tru the nite until I began to switch off which generated some issues then. He agreed to be turning it off at 12 am. But the option of having it on as early as 4 am wasn't part of the bargain then.

The guy does some other annoying things in the house that I believe he will never listen. Other tenants are aware of this. Some of them also complain about the noise. But they re not as affected as I am.

Babaalabi, please where can I get the health inspector you mentioned?
Guy go to the nearest police station and complain, generator smoke kills, haven't u seen so many news about it on nairaland?
Just go to a police station, I bet u he won't do it again,the police will come and pick him up, he might even pay for damages, don't go anywhere except the police station, dem go even help u twist the case to ur own favour,the man go gentle after then
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by NemzySeries(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I have talked to the guy, but he is such a stubborn fella. The agent is another irresponsible fella who only comes around when the rent is due. The landlord has told us to stop calling since he has an agent he pays to handle the house issues. Is there any legal way to deal with this situation? I am considering some of the ideas proposed above anyways!
nxt time dunt pay d agent until he resolves d issue or start searching 4 a new place or take is as a challenge to get ur own hauz or take his name as prayer point to a mountain on fire ministry close u,e sure me say d guy go dey restless
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by plainmirror(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Miradamian:
are u. Fool?can u hear he has done that many times to no avail.

I am quoting you because you need a brain upgrade on ethics and moral.
Of what benefit will the OP get from e-advice if he lacks the security ability to secure himself and his family from noise pollution.

Grow up kid, NL is not an amusement park for toddlers.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ceejay80s(m): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Brugo:
Just get your lawyer to write him a short but strong letter.

The fumes can kill! Without any warning.

This is actually a matter of life and death. Defend your life.
As this guy has said.... If u get sense defend ur life, Gen smoke kills, be a man, the life of ur family dey ur hand
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Booty4me: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
Op help him move his gen to a safe place

But nah u go buy wire o
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by eyinjuege: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
The mechanic is likely to discover what happened if you use salt or sugar and kero.

Pls and pls, do not encourage him to vandalise his neighbor's property. Don't forget that the guy too can retaliate. They may all have children around the house, who can be harmed by anyone that's mischievous. Also don't forget he probably spreads his clothes outside in the compound. Just wait till someone upto no good pours the devil's beans inside the clothes or rubs his clothes inside the mud. angry angry
The Bible sums it up. The heart of man is desperately wicked.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ceejay80s(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
K
NemzySeries:

nxt time dunt pay d agent until he resolves d issue or start searching 4 a new place or take is as a challenge to get ur own hauz or take his name as prayer point to a mountain on fire ministry close u,e sure me say d guy go dey restless
Why him go dey look for another house? Is he not a man? My neighbors no fit try am with me, no matter how rich or poor or how muscle full ur body reach, I go tear down everything....be a man
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nten: 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
yomi007k:
Tell him to carry his gen upstairs near his flat. Or report to landlord or go switch d damn thing off if its bugging u.
U got lots of options, na just mind to select remain.

my guy na u reason the matter pass abeg. He should put the gen in his balcony or extend the wire far away or the stair case to his upstair flat or in front of his door, let he himself suffer the noise from the gen not another innocent tenant
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Richy4(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nigerians. Hmmm. Una get solutions to every single thing ooo. Me no no say salt dey destroy Generator engine ooo.

In fact i sure say the manufacturers themselves no no self.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by blakky97(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
Can someone tell me who to report my neighbour to. His generator is right behind my flat while he stays upstairs. He does not put off the gen until some mins to 12 am while as early as 4am the generator is on again whenever there is power outage. The gen is so noisy that my family has to wait for him to turn it off before we are able to go in to sleep at night. When he turns it on in the morning, we have to move to the living room to avoid the noise.

Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

Your contributions will be appreciated.

men either get their rights by law or by force.
the question is;
who is he? a boxer? a soldier? an ogboni man?

what restrains you from putting the gen off and standing your ground?
size and strenght difference? civility and avoidance of a battle? battles are never to be avoided altogether. they can only be postponed to the runners disadvantage when the oppressor becomes too familiar with his weak points. so sometimes, it pays ro kbow when to act like a lion. when a man pulls his sword on you, you dont stand there reciting poems to him. you pull a sword too to take the fields. because the swords man is not out there to listen to poetry. he needs a better reason than poems to convince him to stay off your territory and personal space. and your willingness to mark out your territory at all cost doesnt argue for less civility on your part. and in the case that you are not stronger, at least you attract the sympathy of stronger neighbours and onlookers who will mediate between you both and bring justice to place.
remember the italian proverb that; virtue shall take the fields against fury, and the battle shall be very brief.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ceejay80s(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
blakky97:

men either get their rights by law or by force.
the question is;
who is he? a boxer? a soldier? an ogboni man?

what restrains you from putting the gen off and standing your ground?
size and strenght difference? civility and avoidance of a battle? battles are never to be avoided altogether. they can only be postponed to the runners disadvantage when the oppressor becomes too familiar with his weak points. so sometimes, it pays ro kbow when to act like a lion. when a man pulls his sword on you, you dont stand there reciting poems to him. you pull a sword too to take the fields. and in the case that you are not stronger, at least you attract the sympathy of stronger neighbours and onlookers who will mediate between you both and bring justice to place.
remember the italian proverb that; virtue shall take the fields against fury, and the battle shall be very brief.
This one na poem or na solution?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by LydayBobo(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I have talked to the guy, but he is such a stubborn fella. The agent is another irresponsible fella who only comes around when the rent is due. The landlord has told us to stop calling since he has an agent he pays to handle the house issues. Is there any legal way to deal with this situation? I am considering some of the ideas proposed above anyways!
If all advice above did not work then do it Man to Man. Give him ultimatum like a week and inform all other tenants if you have. First switch off the gen at expiration of your ultimatum and if it continues to put on then move to the next phase. Cut the wire in a very high end and get ready to defend your family. Have done it before. Defend your family against some animals.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by emiye(m): 5:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dnt vote GEJ again, dont reward failure, i am talking to you reading this post, yes, YOU.

The Gen. set will be useless, if GEJ did not fail to provide stable power.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Breeze5000: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
I do not understand all the replies here... Are you guys saying he shouldnt GENERATE power with his own money since the government refused to? And do you guys also realize that it is possible for Nigeria to have steady power 24/7? NIGERIA has the money its left for the people to demand it, but all I see are people singing Praises of the Government and I assumed Nigeria doesnt have this types of problems anymore..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Originalsly: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
@OP......money talks. Since you have spoken to the tenant..the agent and the landlord...and no changes... withhold the rent. You need not speak to the tenant nor la.dlord again. Let the agent know that you are not paying until the matter is resolved. If they are still arrogant and you feel threatened..... area boys can always help make the cause of the problem disappear.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by NemzySeries(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
ceejay80s:
K
Why him go dey look for another house? Is he not a man? My neighbors no fit try am with me, no matter how rich or poor or how muscle full ur body reach, I go tear down everything....be a man
but dat doesn't make u a landlord occupying a tenant's position na...d best is to work 2wards getting a beta accomodation...remember his a family n life is too short to b beefing orda tenants in 2015
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dangote salt is 50 naira.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by deebrain(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Taylor86:
g

g is for GENERATOR.

Say it after me.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
its simple as A B C,just do wat I did to my neighbors gen in sch,pour salt in his fuel tank,case close
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Blankstare(m): 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
Am experiencing same issue too, i told my neighbour some few monthe back about how is gen is disturbing me and he promise to shift the location,up till this moment he hasn't,i will be using one of the advise here- still talk to him once more and i will offer to incur the expenses. If by then he refuses i think am gonna tell the landlord,as a rational person i want to exhaust all options available before i personally do my worse.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by D33VA(f): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
U can actually sue him for private nuisance. Get an injunction n claim damages while u are at it
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by joelenesleek(f): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Pour salt mixed in water on the generator when no one except God is watching. Thank me later and ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by drnoel: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
Can someone tell me who to report my neighbour to. His generator is right behind my flat while he stays upstairs. He does not put off the gen until some mins to 12 am while as early as 4am the generator is on again whenever there is power outage. The gen is so noisy that my family has to wait for him to turn it off before we are able to go in to sleep at night. When he turns it on in the morning, we have to move to the living room to avoid the noise.

Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

What happened to his own flat and balcony? Are u still asking us what u should do?
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ogawisdom(m): 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
Op U r too gentle n a coward dts y he won't change tongue

Fyi d back of ur window n d area surrounding ur houz belongs to u so he has no right to put a noisy gen there.

Create a scene n fight for this once n for all angry

Before peace sometimes there must b war

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Sparkle777(f): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
creepsyme:
some goats once was disturbing my aunt in her house, she reported to d owner but they were adamant abt it, she did a mixture of otapipia and soda with some watet which the goats drank and all died and dat was d end of it, the owner didnt knw who to report to because no evidence to proove.

Your aunt is a woman to be feared ooh. @op, pls no matter how soothin salt solution sounds. Pls dnt do it, he seems like a troublesome fellow who can even kill. I suggest u introduce inverter to him. I charge mine wt generator and use fan to cool down while asleep.
Pls be friendly and diplomatic wt him in other to avoid strive. If all fails, get the police involved. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ojinuocheibi(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Women in need of men for marriage? Contact 08038119805 for instant hook up.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by deebrain(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buy a good punching bag, a pair of gloves and a pair of cheap dumbells.

Train every morning and evening.

One of the mornings, preferably on weekends, after some good training and without taking off your gloves, with the sweat and muscles still oozing all over, walk up to him and politely tell him you don't want his gen around your place.

He would respond in your favour. Note that he will end up trying to preach to you about holiness.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:

Bad bele Go buy ya own
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
This issue happens all over Nigeria, don't bother getting police involved as they will extort both you and your neighbour. Try to reason with your neighbour and start looking for alternative accommodation.

Personally government should ban those little demonic generators called I pass my neighbour as they are a health hazard.

Where I stay a neighbour packed in whose work is not regular, once by 2am I went out to switch off the generator and the chap came out 10 minutes later to switch it on. It was there and then I decided to move out once my rent expires.

There is a rule that all generator go off by 11pm by the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.