Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) (66636 Views)

4 Armoured Personnel Carriers Cars Dickson Donated To Police In Bayelsa (Photos) / Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad / Made In Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carrier: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by sambos994(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
ROSSIKE:
How do you know they were not deployed? Have you ever visited the theatre of conflict? How do you know they were even considered for use? Do you realise the army has hundreds of APCs? It is for them to decide what equipment is best suited for what operation, not armchair civilian generals like you with zero military training and the empty-headed buffoon you're defending.

https://i0.wp.com/s28.postimg.org/9uzfp0z3x/2149618_img201502222247241_jpege84bb57a2d8e2b1ad.jpg

Igirigi apc deployed in battle

Courtesy Beegeagle's blog
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by studded(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
rubbish..... Why haven't the APCs been used in combating boko haram in the north east? What's the use of the bloody APCs if the won't be used in the war-front ?

The same lie they are telling us about the "innoson-motors" is the same lie they told us about "made in Nigeria smart phones". Till date, am yet to see a single "made in Nigeria car" plying our roads. Abi are the innoson motors invincible?

They just keep lieing to Nigerians who are wallowing in the pool of gullibility. And because Nigerians(all of us) are generally lazy to conduct a simple research about the lies that are been fed to them, we just swallow everything.

And who told you igirigi wasn't used in the combat against BH?

At least try look at the pictures posted. Haba! Try dey think small broda....its not illegal to think yet....lots of Igirigi "in-action" pics have been posted on nairaland oga....

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Viktor1983(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
[s][/s] trash

you can tell the pdp supporter close to you all your lies in the world but not me

I believe you can do better than this..
If you take away hate from the picture,your judgement wouldn't be so clouded
Nigeria is bigger than PDP and APC.

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Our millitary are now into local thanks to america hypocrisy.They should increase production and expand what they produce to small arms and APC.We shall and will overcome boko haram

#NeverAgain shall we allow a coup plotter who destroyed our democracy to contest for a democratic election
#NeverAgain shall we go backward rather than MARCHing FORWARD
#NeverAgain shall we be deceived by the numerous APC propaganda
#NeverAgain shall we lose hope in our beloved country Nigeria
#NeverAgain shall we lose faith in our military due to APC lies

Never Again!

God Bless Nigeria!
God Bless the millitary
God Bless Goodluck Jonathan

The best post since the creation of nairaland. Keep the good work up. I have just decamped from APC to support Jonathan but I am not PDP. GEJ till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by M4gunners: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lemon12:
Kudos to the military!!

Never again will Apc and Buhari use bokoharam for political gain

Gej till 2019
Amen
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

And the mere assembling of an APC, most likely with the same quality as Soviet era APCs got you this elated, no? When you have countries on the same level as Nigeria like South Africa building one of the best attack helicopters in the world, and a very decent fighter jet. Iran building mini-submarines, fighter jets, and reverse-engineering the most advanced drone in US' inventory - RQ-170. Brazil with one of the most decent mid-range fighter jets out there etc.. grin

You're delusional!
Oh SHUT UP. Nigeria is NOT on the ''same level'' as South Africa. SA has been enjoying significant govt investment in her economy since the 1850s while Nigeria only got started in 1960 after the lootocrat, do-nothing British were kicked out. SA has had a weapons industry since the 1890s while Nigeria had none till the 1970s. How the hell are they on the "same level"?

6 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by appini: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
rubbish..... Why haven't the APCs been used in combating boko haram in the north east? What's the use of the bloody APCs if the won't be used in the war-front ?

The same lie they are telling us about the "innoson-motors" is the same lie they told us about "made in Nigeria smart phones". Till date, am yet to see a single "made in Nigeria car" plying our roads. Abi are the innoson motors invincible?

They just keep lieing to Nigerians who are wallowing in the pool of gullibility. And because Nigerians(all of us) are generally lazy to conduct a simple research about the lies that are been fed to them, we just swallow everything.

I have seen so many Innoson buses plying Nigerian roads, in fact, transportation companies like Cross Country, Efex Motors and so many others are using these buses between Lagos and Accra, Ghana.

Please, learn to speak less than you know. Grazie!

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by cfame1(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

Maybe you have eye problem. You need to go for a checkup if truly you have not seen innoson vehicles

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
APC niggaz aren't happy for this, why are they such a saddist. Nigerians should be wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
As at 2013, I saw these vehicles at Sani Abacha Baracks, Asokoro.
Who ever engineered the removal of Ihejirika doesn't have the good of Nigeria at heart.

The Igirigi APC is the Nigerian Army's locally manufactured armoured personnel carrier.

Designed and manufactured by the army Corps of Engineers, the APC was first introduced to the media during the 2012 Nigeria Army Day celebrations (NADCEL). While actual specs of the vehicle are still undisclosed, observers noted the remote control weapons station, and its IED deflecting V shaped hull.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika,said the local production of APC had saved the nation at least 30 per cent of the cost of the foreign version and that the unveiling of the APC was part of the ongoing reform in the military and in line with the transformation agenda of the Jonathan administration.[1]

In 2013, during events to mark the 150th year anniversary of the Nigeria Army, A desert camouflaged Igirigi with a 20mm gun led the parade of vehicles drawn up from various formations in the country at the Armed Forces review, which took place at Abuja.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igirigi_APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by franzis(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

you havent seen innoson motors on the road,where are you from, i have seen innoson coaster buses and talking about smartphones, google iMose Mobile Phones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Oh SHUT UP. Nigeria is NOT on the ''same level'' as South Africa. SA has been enjoying govt investment in her economy since the 1850s while Nigeria only got started in 1960 after the lootocrat British were kicked out.

Oh, the "Giant of Africa" isn't on the same level as South Africa, no? - interesting.

How about Iran? Technologically and militarily, Iran is far ahead of South Africa - the country is an intellectual property. So, what's the excuse for celebrating mediocrity and non-achievement?

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
BabaO2:
Assembled in Nigeria you mean?

Why not try using Google, at least for once.

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by pobosky20(m): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
Can these vehicles operate in a terrain like that of Maiduguri? When were these vehicles produced and were they tested? Not every vehicle can stand battle/war conditions. How comes these pictures are not showing us the interior (steering,seats n others)?
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
studded:

And who told you igirigi wasn't used in the combat against BH?

At least try look at the pictures posted. Haba! Try dey think small broda....its not illegal to think yet....lots of Igirigi "in-action" pics have been posted on nairaland oga....
this is what APC wants to offer, they are just sadist. If they have the interest of Nigeria in mind, they will celebrate this achievement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
gosh i luv apc's they make u feel lyk u in a turtle
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by aresa: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
sambos994:

https://i0.wp.com/s28.postimg.org/9uzfp0z3x/2149618_img201502222247241_jpege84bb57a2d8e2b1ad.jpg

Igirigi apc deployed in battle

Courtesy Beegeagle's blog

The pic is not from the website you listed. Stop lying. 419 people..
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

And the mere assembling of an APC, most likely with the same quality as Soviet era APCs got you this elated, no? When you have countries on the same level as Nigeria like South Africa building one of the best attack helicopters in the world, and a very decent fighter jet. Iran building mini-submarines, fighter jets, and reverse-engineering the most advanced drone in US' inventory - RQ-170. Brazil with one of the most decent mid-range fighter jets out there etc.. grin

You're delusional!

Which one did u build before now?

Anyone who know their onions know that the capacity to make things in manufacturing has to start from somewhere and then you get better at it!

We had no manufacturing base and had to start from somewhere!

You are comparing yourself to South Africa, every major world class automotive or aerospace or weapons manufacturer have a presence in South Africa

From BMW to Ford to General Motors to Bombadier or BAE systems. Count them, they all have presence in South Africa

But Nigeria has to start from somewhere and then catch up!

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by html14java(f): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

I'm sorry I don't do illiterate-speak.

However, why didn't they deploy these APCs to combat Boko Haram? I've been seeing all kinds of trucks on the front-line - so why not use the APCs, since they're assembled in the country?
You are devoid of the brain for arguement. Read thru my point and place a convincing logic.

Note: I will neither engage nor respond to your discussion if u argue like a clown again.

4 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Fellywood(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
[s][/s] trash

you can tell the pdp supporter close to you all your lies in the world but not me
He is talking to educated human beings NOT illiterates queueing behind an illiterate jihadist bro
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
YoungIncredible:

Barcanista now a pdp member?. Am I dreaming?.
What's your business in that?
That is part of the change APC is shouting about.

Live with it.

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
barcanista:
Glory Glory To God. Thanks to the Automobile policy of President Jonathan. We are moving forward by God's grace. Time will come when we will be exporting automobiles in large quantity. Nigeria shall be great again.

I am aware that lovers of a particular party will not be happy about this development. #NeverAgain will barcanista be used as their tool in achieving the undemocratic and unpatriotic aim of the broom wavers(though unknowingly).

#NeverAgain will Nigeria sink to only oil economy.

#NeverAgain shall we cease to support our government and people.

We are MarchingOn>>>

God Bless Jonathan
We March4Buhari for positive change instead of Jonas' deceitful change cool
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by ighosd(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Am happy this things are happening now.. But the fact still remains that y now. Why not den. Cos lot of soul have gone.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by milkymesh: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

come to the southeast and see innoson at work. all the dump truck used in anambra state by the environmental agency are manufactured by innoson. Dnt allow politics to blind u.

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by aresa: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Oh SHUT UP. Nigeria is NOT on the ''same level'' as South Africa. SA has been enjoying significant govt investment in her economy since the 1850s while Nigeria only got started in 1960 after the lootocrat, do-nothing British were kicked out. SA has had a weapons industry since the 1890s while Nigeria had none till the 1970s. How the hell are they on the "same level"?

You people end up insulting and ridiculing the Sam Nigeria you are trying to defend with your lies...

Is this not the same reason why the aso rock dullard violated their laws with his gun running , money laundering and holy jet fiasco..?

2015 is the year we wash away this sad shame and embarrassment.....Amen.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
mikeansy:

Which one did u build before now?

Anyone who know their onions know that the capacity to make things in manufacturing has to start from somewhere and then you get better at it!

We had no manufacturing base and had to start from somewhere!

You are comparing yourself to South Africa, every major world class automotive or aerospace or weapons manufacturer have a presence in South Africa

From BMW to Ford to General Motors to Bombadier or BAE systems. Count them, they all have presence in South Africa

But Nigeria has to start from somewhere and then catch up!

Speaking in colloquialism doesn't negate the fact that you're elated over non-achievement. And that's basically cos your standard is disgracefully below par, with no expectations whatsoever.

Just take a look at yourself and ask yourself why you're allergic to aiming higher. You don't have to always start from bottom of the totem pole technologically, since the technology is out there - and has been out there for eons. If you're an intellectual property, you can start somewhere close to the top - and move from there. China was under arms embargo when it started building modern military equipment. Ditto Iran which has been under all kinds of sanctions and embargoes for over 40 years.

There's absolutely nothing to celebrate, mate. Get a grip and get with reality.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bridgetown:

The best post since the creation of nairaland. Keep the good work up. I have just decamped from APC to support Jonathan but I am not PDP. GEJ till 2019
Half bread is better than none, Welcome.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by StarCj(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

guy farm down there many of in no son cars here in east where I stay. u can order for one n c 4 urself
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
YoungIncredible:

Barcanista now a pdp member?. Am I dreaming?.
well...

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
html14java:

You are devoid of the brain for arguement. Read thru my point and place a convincing logic.

Note: I will neither engage nor respond to your discussion if u argue like a clown again.

Lmao @ this despicable stark illiterate and porch monkey.

You can't even spell "argument" correctly, yet you had the audacity to cite logic - GTFOH. grin

You're a m0ron! grin
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

You judge based on the pictures coming out of there. And what I've seen thus far are mostly hilux trucks painted in camo, and no different from what militants use.

At the end of the day, APCs will give them more advantage. And when you're fighting a war, especially a brutal one that has cost tens of thousands of lives, you need to deploy your best tools there. Prolonging it, while wasting the lives of innocent people and the patriots in the army, doesn't serve anyone's interests.
You do NOT judge "based on the pictures coming out of there" unless you are a gullible dunce. CNN or BBC can decide to show you one or two hilux buses and IGNORE more significant equipment being deployed in order to advance their own agenda. I notice they NEVER report Nigerian airstrikes against BH. Doesn't suit their agenda to show we have a functional airforce with fighter jets. But they were quick to report when Egypt and Jordan sent jets against ISIS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance / Buhari Opens Up On Cabal, Osinbajo, TY Danjuma, Nigeria Election / I Won't Forget Jonathan's Call - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.