Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production (37301 Views)

Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari / Obiano Purchases 5 Vehicles As Osinbajo Visits Innoson Company. PICS / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Innoson Motors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by nedz(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nigeria producing their own weapons?
::::::::::::::::::
That's a good move by the FG if it stands to be true & carried out

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by dokyOloye: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
XketchDesigns:
Rubbish!!!!

What happened to dicon?? This whole shit is politics. How can an assembly plant produce military hardware??

The only way this happens is if they are purchased somewhere innoson goes there for training on how to assemble and then they are brought back to nigeria to assemble them.

Or he is given the contract, he goes and outsource gets it done and import it's to nigeria to assemble.

Either ways it proves something, someone in the GEJ family has a huge share in innoson.
For once,use d brain God gave U.
Where are NITEL,NIPOST,Ajaokuta steel mill,etc and other govt owned companies today?

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by mancj1010: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
My brother don hammer...I thank god for him
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by kingslly(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
The Nigerian Military had already produced a prototype APC under Ihejirika all they need Innoson for is to produce in large numbers. You have not heard of APC Igirigi?
slightlyMad:

my main issue is WHY NOW, why not do this before losing 15,000 citizens what we can't get back.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by Deltagiant: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
[i][/i]
NDPVF:
I am a core Akwa Ibomite,but i cannever disrespect or part ways with Igbos,doing that is parting way with creativity and Ingenuity especially in Science & Technology,and Trade & Investment.
I came to respect Igbos in that regard,when i visited Nigerian War Museum Umuhia.
I saw the reason why Nigeria hasn't yet find its feet in the world of science and technology and economy driven by trade and investment like China.its because of years of neglate of Igbos,and the should i say 'shyness' and inability of Nigerian government to tap from Biafran war science/technological exploit.
Shame upon our leaders who failed to reintegrate Igbos into our mainstream economy,and harness their potential earlier than enough.

JONATHAN,YOU ARE INDEED GOD SENT.

Ami nte,Abasi Sosong!.
Ndigbo can never disrepect or part ways with Ibibio/Efik/Annang. We have all been in the same geographical space for thousands of years before Nigeria of 100 years ago. Our bond has equally been strenghtened by the hybrid town of Arochukwu even as the memory of Major General Obong Phillip Effiong, Col. Akpet, Okoko Ndem etc. will forever be the symbol of our struggle and eternal bond. God is so great that our physical boundaries are contiguous as this will foster more prosperity between the peoples as we look forward to your government to realize the Ibom Deep Seaport of our dreams.

It is a season of good news even as our close neighbor, the Ijaws, made a soothing statement about the roles they played in the civil war. I have always wanted a politically united, independent states of old Eastern Nigeria including my Anioma. And God is seeing us through as the new generation chart their political and economic path.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by fairheven: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
They shud be humble enof to just mandate our defence academy to go on tour of national war museum in Umuahia to study the ingenious biafran weapon technology,with special emphasis on the famous "Ogbu ni Igwe"..that wud help their cause a great deal

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by tsdarkside(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
this is very good news..

i am sure,we nigerians can build our own weapons.... grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by fairheven: 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
NDPVF:
I am a core Akwa Ibomite,but i cannever disrespect or part ways with Igbos,doing that is parting way with creativity and Ingenuity especially in Science & Technology,and Trade & Investment.
I came to respect Igbos in that regard,when i visited Nigerian War Museum Umuhia.
I saw the reason why Nigeria hasn't yet find its feet in the world of science and technology and economy driven by trade and investment like China.its because of years of neglate of Igbos,and the should i say 'shyness' and inability of Nigerian government to tap from Biafran war science/technological exploit.
Shame upon our leaders who failed to reintegrate Igbos into our mainstream economy,and harness their potential earlier than enough.

Ami nte,Abasi Sosong!.
Just posted a bit after you did..an I never new we had the same tot in mind,because I didn't read your before posting mine..this country will never progress so long as we try to push aside our history,is amazing how every govt has not tot it wise to learn from the scie exploit of biafran weapon technology,due to tribalism.we can only learn from history not to wipe it off our memory,Europe learnt from world war2 an rallied on Germany to spearhead its economic revolution despite the fact that Hitler was the aggressor,today they are better for it..but not govt want to have anything to do with lessons of ghe civil war.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by kraftykc(m): 5:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Let them write up whatever they choose to, shite ain't gonna happen. Why the hell would a commercial contractor start making armored vehicles when he is making civil ones too? Isn't one Dangote monopolizing the agro industry lesson enough for us? I would think the government would be eager to diversify, so let them build it from scratch or raise the profile of the assemble plant where the made-in-Nigeria APCs were made. I am totally against this idea, it gives to much power to Innoson and the oversight will of course be nonexistent. God help us his vehicles have a defective part...e go bad gan!!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by PaulSteve: 5:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
What of Defence Industries Corporation DICON Kaduna?
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by ElPhenomenal(m): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
waking up when its too late
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by xmich(m): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
NDPVF:

Ami nte,Abasi Sosong!.

Its not yet too late even in my village today we still produce gun powder,Awka still dey produce gun[Awka made],am i to talk of Aba the engine hub of the genius were you see mad looking people transforming pickup into 911grin successfully ,only what we need is empowerment from the federal goverment and the legalization of some of our ingenuity which include the production of ammunition.The day Nigeria gets to believe that the Igbos are of great potential is the day Nigeria will start competing with USA in terms of ammunition,China coming to Nigeria for the latest technology ,Nigeria have every thing required to be world power but mismanagement and neglect is killing us.

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by NDPVF(m): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Deltagiant:
[i][/i]
Ndigbo can never disrepect or part ways with Ibibio/Efik/Annang. We have all been in the same geographical space for thousands of years before Nigeria of 100 years ago. Our bond has equally been strenghtened by the hybrid town of Arochukwu even as the memory of Major General Obong Phillip Effiong, Col. Akpet, Okoko Ndem etc. will forever be a symbol of our struggle and eternal bond. God is so great that our physical boundaries are contiguous as this will foster more prosperity between the peoples as we look forward to your government to realize the Ibom Deep Seaport of our dreams.

It is a season of good news even as our close neighbor, the Ijaws, made a soothing statement about the roles they played in the civil war. I have always wanted a politically united, independent states of old Eastern Nigeria including my Anioma. And God is seeing us through as the new generation chart their political and economic path.
One love.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by fairheven: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
kraftykc:
Let them write up whatever they choose to, shite ain't gonna happen. Why the hell would a commercial contractor start making armored vehicles when he is making civil ones too? Isn't one Dangote monopolizing the agro industry lesson enough for us? I would think the government would be eager to diversify, so let them build it from scratch or raise the profile of the assemble plant where the made-in-Nigeria APCs were made. I am totally against this idea, it gives to much power to Innoson and the oversight will of course be nonexistent. God help us his vehicles have a defective part...e go bad gan!!
Are u kidding me?Boeing is the major supplier of US weapon,an they're fully commercialized industry.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by XketchDesigns(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
For once,use d brain God gave U.
Where are NITEL,NIPOST,Ajaokuta steel mill,etc and other govt owned companies today?
What is this one saying.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by parkhurst: 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by Deltagiant: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
PaulSteve:
What of Defence Industries Corporation DICON Kaduna?

The move is still within the confines of international best practices. The FABRIQUE NATIONAL OF EUROPE has been producing certain weaponry for the US Pentagon since 1948 despite America's famed weapon manufacturing. And here we are talking about an indigenous company for that matter.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by NDPVF(m): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
fairheven:

Just posted a bit after you did..an I never new we had the same tot in mind,because I didn't read your before posting mine..this country will never progress so long as we try to push aside our history,is amazing how every govt has not tot it wise to learn from the scie exploit of biafran weapon technology,due to tribalism.we can only learn from history not to wipe it off our memory,Europe learnt from world war2 an rallied on Germany to spearhead its economic revolution despite the fact that Hitler was the aggressor,today they are better for it..but not govt want to have anything to do with lessons of ghe civil war.
Well spoken.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by CyberWolf: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
kingslly:
Just chill nah,one day begins a story,rome wasnt built in a day and a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step... grin
Arms and ammunition is the most important thing..
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by kraftykc(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
fairheven:

Are u kidding me?Boeing is the major supplier of US weapon,an they're fully commercialized industry.

Nigger they are not the ONLY Defense contractor making airplanes. When the Pentagon wants an item it makes it an open competition to multiple companies, so if Boeing doesn't deliver (or if someone does the job better even if Boeing delivers) then they can pick the best off the lot.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by XketchDesigns(m): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
patmaine:

read this.

Earlier, Chief Chukwuma had told the presidential committee that he
was already designing military vehicles that would be as rugged as
others produced elsewhere, that the IVM had the capability to
manufacture armoured vehicles if given the specification. He said
the company only needed support by government and Nigerians. He
declared that there was no vehicle IVM could not design and
produce for African environment.

I am sure u saw it. but because you are blinded by hate...
but no need to hate because.

this car was designed and built by innoson. at nnewi..

http://newtelegraphonline.com/innoson-rolls-out-fox-umu/
Bro I am not gullible, I am a mech Engr and have a bit of experience in this area.

How is innoson going to machine the amour materials used for manufacturing the body? Abi it's the same punching, cutting, bending machine, used for the aluminium or fiber of normal cars they will use?

Innoson does not design cars. Innoson nigeria assembles cars already desgined in China.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by chubby98: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
#NEVERAGAIN
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by millionaireman: 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vock:
Committee on everything, the committee will take like 3 months to make findings, then it's submitted to the President after which he will be deliberating on it for ever before setting up another committee to write up the costs, another committee to look for the site it will be situated and another committee again to select who the contract will be allocated to.
Jonathan Shouldn't bother again, we're voting him out, we don't need any of his funds guzzling committee again

You like dictatorial regimes which hardly use committees. Committees are used to listen to other people's views.

You must prepare for your new kwountry from present Nigeria; a new kwountry to be headed by your unchanged dictator which your APC is lying about to bring to power.

Use of violence to cow the electorate so that they reject their incumbent government to vote in a sympathizer of the violent group - that is an unacceptable electioneering campaign/political process.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
Another reason to vote GEJ.

Nigeria can thank igbos later.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by Toktee(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
rozayx5:
hats off to IGBO and their hardworking spirit

if you hate igbo people, you hate creativity, if you hate creativity then your lazy, if your lazy then your broke cool

#NEVERAGAIN
kindly edit you coment pls,ogunipe is turning from the grave.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by xmich(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
XketchDesigns:

Bro I am not gullible, I am a mech Engr and have a bit of experience in this area.

How is innoson going to machine the amour materials used for manufacturing the body? Abi it's the same punching, cutting, bending machine, used for the aluminium or fiber of normal cars they will use?

Innoson does not design cars. Innoson nigeria assembles cars already desgined in China.

You dont need visa to visit Innoson motors,and its not too far from us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by xmich(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
fairheven:
They shud be humble enof to just mandate our defence academy to go on tour of national war museum in Umuahia to study the ingenious biafran weapon technology,with special emphasis on the famous "Ogbu ni Igwe"..that wud help their cause a great deal

Ogbunigwe AKA "Ojukwu's bucket"
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by millionaireman: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
parkhurst:
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government.

Official Corruption? Note: a political system whereby a few persons in Abuja collect revenues from all over the country and doles monthly allocations to the states and local govt areas - that makes for the leaders be far removed from the masses, thus remain hardly accountable to the masses.

Only means to checkmate corruption in Nigeria is return to fiscal federalism cum regional governance system.

But will you agree to that?

Will you not opt to stick to the existing political system and make alliances upon alliances to capture Aso Rock to control Nigeria?

IGIRIGI!!!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by Vock(m): 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
millionaireman:

You like dictatorial regimes which hardly use committees. Committees are used to listen to other people's views.

You must prepare for your new kwountry from present Nigeria; a new kwountry to be headed by your unchanged dictator which your APC is lying about to bring to power.

Use of violence to cow the electorate so that they reject their incumbent government to vote in a sympathizer of the violent group - that is an unacceptable electioneering campaign/political process.

Thank God it's my PVC, you vote for Jonathan And I vote the candidate of my choice. The winner is going to be announced on that sunday if your 'undictatorial' president allows the elections to hold.That's not dictatorial I think.
I would rather vote for someone who doesn't hates corruption than a bloody Civilian who wines and dines with reeking corruption
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by tsdarkside(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
jonathan shouldn`t forget air-power (helicopters,jets,missiles,,)..

a modern army,without air-power is useless.... grin grin grin cool

and dont forget,we need submarines too,
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Every tribe have their different areas of proficiencies, but give it to the igbos when it comes to technology in Nigeria.

Explore Igbo cities like aba, nnewi, Onitsha if you want to make nigeria a leading country in technology, those aba and nnewi guys are just too creative.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie & Lere Olayinka Slam Each Other On Twitter  / Jonathan Probe: $12 Billion Traced To USA, $3 Billion Loot Hidden In China / Amotekun: Juniad Mohammed Warns Of Imminent Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.