Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters (22800 Views)

"MMM Wahala" A Nollywood Movie Is Already Out (Video) / Graphic Photos From A Nollywood Movie Set / 'King Davido': Hilarious Nollywood Movie Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Pweetyradiance(f): 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
Kelklein:
that ' A Place In The Stars' make brain well well... A must watch .

meanwhile in other news

#BabaWhileYouWereGone GEJ created additional 10000 jobs for the youths
Yes baba he did just to buy their minds so they can give him another chance to make Nigeria hell on earth.
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Deebalog: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
30 days in Atlanta

This movie is supposed to be story of the time spent in Atlanta by a guy who won the trip at a house purchase event with his friend. Akpors won a ticket and travels to Atlanta with Richards. While there he visits an uncle, meets and old colleague and Richard falls in love.

It appears the movie was acted without a script. The story appears disjointed and the audience is not led through the scenes - either you just move with the flow or just fill in the gaps yourself. The characters are also not connecting. Despite excellent acting talent, the story is unable to wield any emotional attachments to the characters other than the words they exchanged. It appeared like a group of acting friends who found themselves in a foreign land and decided to make a movie out of it without thinking through the story. The actor portraying Richards appeared aloof throughout the movie. He loked like he was doing AY a favour by being there. Akpors was a scam. The Nigerians all know who Akpors is before Akpors became a household name and the owner of every silly joke or prank. It was like IK acting a comedy based on Frank Dunga's job seeeking antics! A robbery...career bullying.

At best, the movie is a collections of skits and terrible disjointed skits. Possibly they could have earned a few viewing on YouTube and will still be far below both Bovi, Basketmouth and Dunga.

It may not be right to describe this movie as the best comedy of the year - that would be an affront to real comedies. It does not even elicit a desire to watch a second time. One viewing is enough. It is not thought provoking - that shows a movie lacking depth.

Some of the issues that could have been dealt with include: too much emphasis on Warri, too many references to Akpors in name calling, bad camera footage, childish fight and play scenes, poorly timed and useless scenes - a whole scene was used to pass accross teargas as environmental pollution requiring international attention? Arriving in Atlanta at the domestic Wing? Where did the transfer take place? Getting off the aircraft without hand luggage! Really? Which Nigerian does that?

The attempt to blend American acting with Nigerian acting has happened in several previous movies. These attempts have not been sucessful neither has this one. Even Osofia in London did a better job than this and the lack of originality in 30 days in Atlanta in mirroring Osofia's work is not lost here but at least Osofia was acted by Osofia.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
Wey the Alaba market posters
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by chukzyblingz(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is supposed to be captioned "Some of The best and the best nollywood posters"
You can't find any better nollywood posters anywhere.
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by rovinghigh: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
smiley
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by coffeeblue(f): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
And Uche Jombo wears the same wig/hairstyle in all 3 movies. What a coincidence. SMH
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by IAMBREEZY: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
Typing...
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
I only watch Hollywood movies. Sorry
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by SuzieeDee(f): 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Abegiii jare if dem like make dem put Mr ibu for poster even if na Majid micheal b d main character, e no go reduce my menstrual pain.. (Uhmm u heard)
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nickymezor(f): 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
solank:
Funny how Uche Jombo has the same look on her face in the different posters though. Abi dem photoshop her? grin grin
l guess so grin smiley
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nickymezor(f): 11:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nice movies. I really wana see some of dem, most esp 'A place in the stars' cuz it has an intriguing storyline
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Dallazday(m): 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
sadconfused OP
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by 1dafullymade(f): 5:39am On Mar 07, 2015
Deebalog:
30 days in Atlanta

This movie is supposed to be story of the time spent in Atlanta by a guy who won the trip at a house purchase event with his friend. Akpors won a ticket and travels to Atlanta with Richards. While there he visits an uncle, meets and old colleague and Richard falls in love.

It appears the movie was acted without a script. The story appears disjointed and the audience is not led through the scenes - either you just move with the flow or just fill in the gaps yourself. The characters are also not connecting. Despite excellent acting talent, the story is unable to wield any emotional attachments to the characters other than the words they exchanged. It appeared like a group of acting friends who found themselves in a foreign land and decided to make a movie out of it without thinking through the story. The actor portraying Richards appeared aloof throughout the movie. He loked like he was doing AY a favour by being there. Akpors was a scam. The Nigerians all know who Akpors is before Akpors became a household name and the owner of every silly joke or prank. It was like IK acting a comedy based on Frank Dunga's job seeeking antics! A robbery...career bullying.

At best, the movie is a collections of skits and terrible disjointed skits. Possibly they could have earned a few viewing on YouTube and will still be far below both Bovi, Basketmouth and Dunga.

It may not be right to describe this movie as the best comedy of the year - that would be an affront to real comedies. It does not even elicit a desire to watch a second time. One viewing is enough. It is not thought provoking - that shows a movie lacking depth.

Some of the issues that could have been dealt with include: too much emphasis on Warri, too many references to Akpors in name calling, bad camera footage, childish fight and play scenes, poorly timed and useless scenes - a whole scene was used to pass accross teargas as environmental pollution requiring international attention? Arriving in Atlanta at the domestic Wing? Where did the transfer take place? Getting off the aircraft without hand luggage! Really? Which Nigerian does that?

The attempt to blend American acting with Nigerian acting has happened in several previous movies. These attempts have not been sucessful neither has this one. Even Osofia in London did a better job than this and the lack of originality in 30 days in Atlanta in mirroring Osofia's work is not lost here but at least Osofia was acted by Osofia.
oh dear, e-hug & kisses 4 yah....i hv bn askin mysef y d hype 4 ds movie after i saw it about 3 or 4 days ago...really not into Naija films buh i was practically forced 2 see ds movie(yeah cus wen i went 2 get my usually hollywood movie, my customer urged 2 take d 30 days in Atlanta)...was I disappointed? disappointed is an understatement dearie, I was I was I was....oh dear I can't even find d right 2 describe what i felt ........ dat movie is Arrrrgghhhhh, yeah, stil can't find d right word 2 describe.....buh anyways, I commend AY 4 his effort, better production next time Sir...all d best!

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by chival(f): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
What say you guys of this one?

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2015
chival:
What say you guys of this one?
hi chival. I am unable to reply the email, so you can email me directly at simplyoge at gmail dot com
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
And this one ...

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by FieryFilm: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
..And many more to come.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Macdove02(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
My best did not even make the list....Kunle Afolayan's Figurine.....then Weekend gateway poster is cool too.
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Macdove02(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
1dafullymade:
oh dear, e-hug & kisses 4 yah....i hv bn askin mysef y d hype 4 ds movie after i saw it about 3 or 4 days ago...really not into Naija films buh i was practically forced 2 see ds movie(yeah cus wen i went 2 get my usually hollywood movie, my customer urged 2 take d 30 days in Atlanta)...was I disappointed? disappointed is an understatement dearie, I was I was I was....oh dear I can't even find d right 2 describe what i felt ........ dat movie is Arrrrgghhhhh, yeah, stil can't find d right word 2 describe.....buh anyways, I commend AY 4 his effort, better production next time Sir...all d best!
What were you expecting..that dude isn't a filmmaker.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Telemundo Overtaken Africa-Magic Among Nigerian Female Viewers? / Big Brother Will Feature Nigerian And South Africa In 2023 House / You Can Only Watch One Actor's Movies For The Rest Of Your Life. Who Would It Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.