Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) (58775 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A9 With 6 Inch Full HD Display Officially Unveiled / SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Was Released Today, See This... / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by airsaylongcon: 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
1bkaye:

They're as much at risk of attack as each other but when we talk about threat level, Keloid's open approach allows every Tom, Dick and Harry access to the code that comprises its operating system so it's more of a target. I'm not saying iOS is invincible, its OS is just more strictly reviewed making it a lot less vulnerable, generally speaking. Let's call a spade a spade.

It's only someone that despises me that will advise me to use a Keloid phone grin

Babe, u r one techie babe hiding under iOS.

Android susceptibility to malware is NOT because it's source code is readily available. Its because it's widely used. Linux with a readily available source code has considerably less malware than Windoze. Windows is more widely used and therefore more profitable to attack. Ditto android.

And open source means it can be easily peer reviewed for flaws and corrected. On the contrary unless Apple identifies and acknowledges flaws with iOS users never get to know of them. So hackers have a field day plundering on iOS.

Come to think of it wasn't it Apple that was hacked and celeb nudes released recently? I haven't heard Google has been compromised yet. Plus u can use androids without being tied to Google(Nokia X etc al).

For me, note 4 murdered iPhone. *iWait ur counterpunch*

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
1bkaye:

I can never love an android user, we aren't compatible grin

Hehehe!

If I am a high paid employee of Samsung mobile Ng, a nice guy, and I woo u with android money, lemme hear that u won't fall for my android love. grin grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by xtervaganza(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
ignis:
No much difference with samsung Galaxy S5,
Same plastic casing.
the S6 front and back is covered in gorilla glass!!!!!

You people just open your mouth and close your brain

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Baadal(m): 8:46am On Mar 04, 2015
I'm a Note 4 user and i can categorically tell u guys its the best Samsung available for now

Samsung, please dont change the design of the note 5 and make it like the s6,..microsd cardslot and removable battery are the key points!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 04, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Babe, u r one techie babe hiding under iOS.

Android susceptibility to malware is NOT because it's source code is readily available. Its because it's widely used. Linux with a readily available source code has considerably less malware than Windoze. Windows is more widely used and therefore more profitable to attack. Ditto android.

And open source means it can be easily peer reviewed for flaws and corrected. On the contrary unless Apple identifies and acknowledges flaws with iOS users never get to know of them. So hackers have a field day plundering on iOS.

Come to think of it wasn't it Apple that was hacked and celeb nudes released recently? I haven't heard Google has been compromised yet. Plus u can use androids without being tied to Google(Nokia X etc al).

For me, note 4 murdered iPhone. *iWait ur counterpunch*

Yes, widely used BECAUSE of its huge global popularity (they're cheap a lot more 'economical', majority of Keloids are merely priced to move and not neccesarily to be aspired towards grin) AND its open approach.

Btw, you didn't actually dispute my point of androids being more susceptible to malware than iOS, you just offered a different reason for why it is?

You android users are so cute when you get confused grin

Even Sundar Pichai, senior vice president of Android admitted that it wasn’t built for security.

"We cannot guarantee that Android is designed to be safe, the format was designed to give more freedom."

You people should just tweet him and ask him what he meant grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 04, 2015
ask4bk:

Hehehe!

If I am a high paid employee of Samsung mobile Ng, a nice guy, and I woo u with android money, lemme hear that u won't fall for my android love. grin grin
Better cut your coat according to your size and find yourself an Alcatel user or something grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2015
1bkaye:

Better cut your coat according to your size and find yourself an Alcatel user or something grin

Alcatel, Motorola, Iphone or whatever, as long as it ain't Android, I'm ready to get them and convert u folks to "The Future" (Android).

I'm like the Boko haram of android faith. I'm ready to kill ur iPhones and Alcatels and bring u in. grin grin

All I do for love
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2015
1bkaye:

Yes, widely used BECAUSE of its huge global popularity (they're cheap a lot more 'economical', majority of Keloids are merely priced to move and not neccesarily to be aspired towards grin) AND its open approach.

Btw, you didn't actually dispute my point of androids being more susceptible to malware than iOS, you just offered a different reason for why it is?

You android users are so cute when you get confused grin

Even Sundar Sundar Pichai, senior vice president of Android admitted that it wasn’t built for security.

"We cannot guarantee that Android is designed to be safe, the format was designed to give more freedom."

You people should just tweet him and ask him what he meant grin

Funniest thing is that an android phone was used to hack into iCloud. grin grin

Security my left ass.

Biko, don't keep nudes on ur iphone oh. Don't want to see my crush's n.ude in Nairaland pls.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2015
ask4bk:

Security my left ass.

Biko, don't keep nudes on ur iphone oh. Don't want to see my crush's n.ude in Nairaland pls.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
ask4bk:

Security my left ass.

Nah, all my nudes are taken on polaroids in thoroughly secured rooms and discarded of within atleast an hour of being snapped

grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
1bkaye:

Nah, all my nudes are taken on polaroids in thoroughly secured rooms and discarded of within atleast an hour of being snapped

grin

All these security steps?! Bravo. U on twitter? If yes ff on @buikem
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
ask4bk:

All these security steps?! Bravo. U on twitter? If yes ff on @buikem
I'm not on twitter lol and if I were I wouldn't be following an android user cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by suarezelnino: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
1bkaye:

grin
sounds like a snapchat sever lmao
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
suarezelnino:
sounds like a snapchat sever lmao
True lol
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
1bkaye:

I'm not on twitter lol and if I were I wouldn't be following an android user cheesy

That's crazy men. cry cry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by DAVE5(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
ask4bk:

But, sweetheart, to be honest I dunno how u people live and manage with apple products. Only the fact that I can't transfer files over btooth makes it look shakespearian in age.

But it's bout preference, so anyone can like what suits him.

I got an iphone 6, after 1 week I sold it and ran back to android grin

i transfer file using bluetooth on my 5s wink, jailbreak an iOS device and experience true power, i use an iOS and an android device so i can confidently tell u d iOS is miles ahead
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
DAVE5:

i transfer file using bluetooth on my 5s wink, jailbreak an iOS device and experience true power, i use an iOS and an android device so i can confidently tell u d iOS is miles ahead

Miles ahead in what aspect

I dont need to root my android fone b4 I send files through Bluetooth, it's readily available
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:00am On Mar 10, 2015
DAVE5:

What android phone do u use? U need to be specific.

Reason is iOS devices only have one manufacrurer and one phone a year, that phone is the iPhone which is PREMIUM.

ANDROID devices on the other hand have hundreds of manufacturers that chin out thoiusands of phones every year. They have the good, the bad, the ugly, mid range, high end and finally PREMIUM phones. So comparing an iPhone 5s woth a mid range android phone is unfair.

If u use an HTC one m7 or m8 u will know iPhone is not better (comes to preference though , but it is a tight contest). But if u use a Samsung galaxy grand and put it against an iPhone, then there's no contest.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2015
DAVE5:

That Bluetooth transfer ain't possible on ios8. Upgrade ur 5s to ios8 and see that the app ain't on cydia.

I have used an iphone 6. I jailbroke it, tried all possibility to love it by doing simple tasks I do on my highend android phones and I can't. So I sold it, despite trying my best to love it and make a swag outta it. How on earth can't I download songs online and play them straight without getting a PC always to move via itunes. My music library has many wma. files and ios will never play that. Plus some video formats? Why? Simply coz they belong to Microsoft.

Oga, life is too short to be burdened by IOS. Even 10k techno will do easy things that iPhones can't do.

#NoTime
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Herrmes: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Iphone 6 ftw, I just like the Iphone cause of class I use it to pose and sht but Note 4 is the bomb, Jesus Christ, from handling the phone joy just overflows, I think I like the S6 Edge too

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by DAVE5(m): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2015
abatically:

What android phone do u use? U need to be specific.

Reason is iOS devices only have one manufacrurer and one phone a year, that phone is the iPhone which is PREMIUM.

ANDROID devices on the other hand have hundreds of manufacturers that chin out thoiusands of phones every year. They have the good, the bad, the ugly, mid range, high end and finally PREMIUM phones. So comparing an iPhone 5s woth a mid range android phone is unfair.

If u use an HTC one m7 or m8 u will know iPhone is not better (comes to preference though , but it is a tight contest). But if u use a Samsung galaxy grand and put it against an iPhone, then there's no contest.

i use an xperia z, maybe its old but it serves me to the max (2 gig ram, 16gig internal memory plus 16gig mcard) am a phone freak to say the least

btw to me, the only android phones i wld use are samsung note series e.g note 3 and 4 (s series not included), xperia series, i so much dislike htc phones, used an m8 and i hated it, they are cute & smooth but a no no for me

my first love wld always b iOS, i agree they have some drawbacks in arears of customization and openess but those drawbacks were intentional for specific reason which wld include security and i require that security.... its over simplicity and fluidity is one thing that makes my heart melt

teamiOS&Android
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by abatically(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
ask4bk:

That Bluetooth transfer ain't possible on ios8. Upgrade ur 5s to ios8 and see that the app ain't on cydia.

I have used an iphone 6. I jailbroke it, tried all possibility to love it by doing simple tasks I do on my highend android phones and I can't. So I sold it, despite trying my best to love it and make a swag outta it. How on earth can't I download songs online and play them straight without getting a PC always to move via itunes. My music library has many wma. files and ios will never play that. Plus some video formats? Why? Simply coz they belong to Microsoft.

Oga, life is too short to be burdened by IOS. Even 10k techno will do easy things that iPhones can't do.

#NoTime

That is one stupid thing by iPhone. I stopped using iPhone since iPhone 4s. Inability to sync my music library with different computers was a let off. I mean if I sync my phone with iTunes from my laptop, then I go to my friends house and want to sync the music from his laptop, then all the music on my iPhone will have to be deleted before I can sync from another laptop. That is really crazy. Anybody with the latest iPhones pls tell me if they have fixed this problem.

Also inability to play all movie formats unless u download from iTunes, or u convert it using iTunes on the computer, inability to drag and drop music and videos, send files through Bluetooth, etc. All those little things are let downs. No doubt the iPhone is a beautiful and great phone if u can do without all the aforementioned shortcomings.

Team HTC one m7 (best android phone ever made, snapdragon 600 outperforming snapdragon 801, even 805, unbelievable). And LG g3 (I call her the beast with 5.5 inch qhd screen with over 500 PPI).
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by abatically(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
DAVE5:

i use an xperia z, maybe its old but it serves me to the max (2 gig ram, 16gig internal memory plus 16gig mcard) am a phone freak to say the least

btw to me, the only android phones i wld use are samsung note series e.g note 3 and 4 (s series not included), xperia series, i so much dislike htc phones, used an m8 and i hated it, they are cute & smooth but a no no for me

my first love wld always b iOS, i agree they have some drawbacks in arears of customization and openess but those drawbacks were intentional for specific reason which wld include security and i require that security.... its over simplicity and fluidity is one thing that makes my heart melt

teamiOS&Android

Xperia z is a good phone, my wife uses one. It was the first of the Sony xperia z line ups, but has a terrible viewing angle and not perfect. That is why Sony released the z1 after just 6 months of the release of the z, followed by z2 and then z3. Xperia z3 is a very very huge improvement on z.

I respect iphones for their simplicity and ease of use which is what matters to apple. Androids on the other hand care more about functionality . I don't rate any Samsung phone (be it note or s series), touchwiz will always lag even if they put 5gb RAM. Samsung phones have great cameras and tons of functions, some which are useless (like air gestures), this affects the overall user experience and makes the phone lag with no time.

HTC sense on the other hand care about just the important things. U will be surprised how HTC one m7 still goes strong with zero lag even with snapdragon 600, it still runs smoother than a galaxy note 4 with snapdragon 805. You will always experience a little lag on the note 4 after browsing for a long time and pressing the home button. The widgets will stutter and it will take like 2 seconds for then to load. This is completely non existent on an HTC one. I still prefer the HTC one m7 to the m8 , the m7 has the perfect size IMHO.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
wooooooow!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
abatically:

U will be surprised how HTC one m7 still goes strong with zero lag even with snapdragon 600, it still runs smoother than a galaxy note 4 with snapdragon 805. You will always experience a little lag on the note 4 after browsing for a long time and pressing the home button. .

You can lie oo shocked
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ask4bk(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2015
abatically:

That is one stupid thing by iPhone. I stopped using iPhone since iPhone 4s. Inability to sync my music library with different computers was a let off. I mean if I sync my phone with iTunes from my laptop, then I go to my friends house and want to sync the music from his laptop, then all the music on my iPhone will have to be deleted before I can sync from another laptop. That is really crazy. Anybody with the latest iPhones pls tell me if they have fixed this problem.

Also inability to play all movie formats unless u download from iTunes, or u convert it using iTunes on the computer, inability to drag and drop music and videos, send files through Bluetooth, etc. All those little things are let downs. No doubt the iPhone is a beautiful and great phone if u can do without all the aforementioned shortcomings.

Team HTC one m7 (best android phone ever made, snapdragon 600 outperforming snapdragon 801, even 805, unbelievable). And LG g3 (I call her the beast with 5.5 inch qhd screen with over 500 PPI).

My first ever iPhone is the iPhone 6. funny enough all these things u said are still a let down till today. Reason why i sold it. I'm surprised how ppl manage life in this apple prison. I can't biko.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:27am On Mar 12, 2015
abatically:

Xperia z is a good phone, my wife uses one. It was the first of the Sony xperia z line ups, but has a terrible viewing angle and not perfect. That is why Sony released the z1 after just 6 months of the release of the z, followed by z2 and then z3. Xperia z3 is a very very huge improvement on z.

I respect iphones for their simplicity and ease of use which is what matters to apple. Androids on the other hand care more about functionality . I don't rate any Samsung phone (be it note or s series), touchwiz will always lag even if they put 5gb RAM. Samsung phones have great cameras and tons of functions, some which are useless (like air gestures), this affects the overall user experience and makes the phone lag with no time.

HTC sense on the other hand care about just the important things. U will be surprised how HTC one m7 still goes strong with zero lag even with snapdragon 600, it still runs smoother than a galaxy note 4 with snapdragon 805. You will always experience a little lag on the note 4 after browsing for a long time and pressing the home button. The widgets will stutter and it will take like 2 seconds for then to load. This is completely non existent on an HTC one. I still prefer the HTC one m7 to the m8 , the m7 has the perfect size IMHO.

datz wat we are talking about, putting some functions on phones when those function are unnecessary and used only wen u jes bought the phone newly, after a while u r bored wit those same selling point and need a new phone dats less simpler, and dose r the things (functions) wch most android fanboys will use to say iPhones are years behind wen in reality iPhones are the bomb

the useless NFC on my xperia has never bin used for once btw

am no fanboy , i use any fone dat suites me, like the samsung note has me hooked cos of its pen wch was wat made me use one then, instead of typing in my notes or ideas i jst simply pen it down on my phone, most people buy fones for the hype wch really disgusts me and datz y i hate seeing girls using iPhones cos they know not what to do with an iPhone, wen i get tired of my xperia, next on the line is a note, HTc is gr8, superb and sleek, BUT........
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2015
ask4bk:

#NoTime

well, honestly i understand wat u r saying, but for every problem there is a solution, dats y as an iphone user, a laptop or computing device is a must, wma/wmv files=convert them with a good converter, it cld be tiring, but then again nothing good comes easy.... truly there is no time, dats y i use both platforms

best of both worlds wink

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by funny60: 11:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy s6 with a 16MP camera and an aperture of 1.9. is big, bright and beautiful, 5.1 Quad HD super AMOLED display, for Galaxy S6 Price check here for more detaills follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-s6-edge-review/
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 15, 2015
abatically:

Team HTC one m7 (best android phone ever made, snapdragon 600 outperforming snapdragon 801, even 805, unbelievable).

The reason why this phone is still strong despite been old and with lesser specs is cos its got no sd card.. Sd cards slows down phones but people don't seem to know hence the removal on the s6 siblings

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak / Whatsapp Introduces 'view Once,' Which Deletes Media After It Has Been Viewed / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.