Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

What Is Your First Embarrassing Computer Experience? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / What Is Your First Embarrassing Computer Experience? (772 Views)

Most Embarrassing Moment Ever(hilarious) / Photo(funny): / 16 Seriously Embarrassing Nightclub Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your First Embarrassing Computer Experience? by gamechange(m): 4:49am On Jan 11, 2009
I was having a conversation with a friend today and we cracked ourselves up sharing our first experiences with computers. As per Nija,  I am sure a lot of us did not encounter this incredible machine until much later on in our teen years, I would love to hear your unique experiences, lets have some fun.

When I got my first  first IT job in the UK, I was asked by the Manager to go into a room and fetch him a modem. Unknown to this manager, the closest I had been to a modem when studying Electrical Engineering back in Nigeria was a picture of this thing that looked like a Nepa transformer staring at me from a textbook. Anyway, I hurried into the room, my eyes panning everywhere looking for this ginormous modem that was no where to be found, quickly thinking on my feet and not wanting to be found out, I bolted to the bathroom, making up my mind that except the manager goes to get his thing himself, I was not going to step a foot out that door. I kept my ears wide open until I heard him shouting out my name, complaining  he had waited too long. After a few more minutes, I stepped out and went over to his desk complaining I must have had food poisoning from the chinese I had the previous night, meanwhile my eyes were scanning furiously until i figured out that the tiny piece of equipment half the size of my shoe was the modem the guy had asked me for. Ok, now that you are taking the piss out of me, lets have your story.

(1) (Reply)

Who Lie The Most? Men Or Women? / Which Do U Prefer? / Suicide Bombers On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.