Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby (35495 Views)

Mob Beats LASTMA Zonal Head To Death In Lagos (photo) / Mob Beats Rapist To Stupor In Ikorodu (graphic Photos) / Mob Beats Lagos Teacher, Rescues 14-year-old From Rape (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Kaybaba5(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2015
Mayhem was let loose in Ago Igbala in the Ibafo area of Ogun State on Thursday after a mentally-challenged woman was caught with a dead newborn baby.

It was said the woman, popularly called Tope, was playing with the baby at a refuse dump in the area, when a passerby saw her and raised the alarm.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Tope dropped the baby and took to her heels when a mob confronted her. She was said to have been beaten up by the mob, who reportedly chased her towards the Ibafo police station, a few kilometres from Ago Igbala.

Our correspondent learnt that Tope, who was said to be in her 40s, was later rescued from the crowd by the policemen from the station.

In a visit to the area, some residents and eyewitnesses told PUNCH Metro that Tope was mentally ill while others said she might be pretending.

One of them, Samad Kolawole, said, “I came to Ibafo five years ago and I have known her since then. According to what I heard, she has been like that for years. We were all surprised when we saw the baby with her. Probably, somebody dumped the child somewhere, and she picked it.

“Although I was not part of the people that beat her up, the rampant case of using human parts for money ritual prompted them to do so.”

A trader in the area, Mrs. Janet Fabiyi, said the child might have been used for ritual purpose and dumped in the neighbourhood.

“Some wicked parents can decide to throw away their baby just because of poverty or if they are not ready for parenting. It can also be that the baby was used for rituals and dumped,” she said.

However, an okada rider, Bashir Rasaq, said Tope might be hiding under lunacy to perpetrate evil. He said she had not shown up in the area since after the incident, adding that her paraphernalia was later set ablaze by the mob.

He said, “I don’t think she is mentally ill. She ran towards police station for safety. That is why I am suspicious of her. Since that morning till now (Saturday evening), we have not seen her, whereas she used to come here every day.”

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident.

According to him, Tope was breast-feeding the baby when she was attacked by the mob.

He said, “Yes, we have a case of such. The mad woman was seen in possession of the dead baby ─ a day old baby. We rescued her from a mob. She did not kill the baby. She just found the dead baby where it was dumped. No clue on the person who dumped the dead baby. We are still on that.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/mob-beats-up-woman-found-with-dead-baby/
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2015
No pictures why should i bliv dz ... abeq who knws hw much z fufu igbo

4 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by dre11(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2015
It was said the woman, popularly called Tope, was playing with the baby at a refuse dump in the area, when a passerby saw her and raised the alarm.

When some women are fasting praying and going to babalawo house just because of the fruit of the womb......... Someone who had it had to drop hers by the refuse dump.

Such an irony of lifeundecided

4 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
I'm sorry, did u just say bosom-feeding a dead baby?? Nawah oo,,
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by koolet: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
Peeepz you cant believe what happened 2day
I live wv my grand dad lately he was down on stroke he cant talk nor move his body hes on medication
This afternoon i played pentatonix drummer boy' to my surprise baba old soja started moaning and moving his hands moving to the tune... Meehn it wazzz wow ill upload video of it v. Soon
Brb :-)

13 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by holatin(m): 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
those people that beat her are the mad and mentally deranged fellow, why take a mad woman serious.

many dressed mad people on street

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by ERCROSS(m): 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Many are mad... But few are roaming

grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
shocked WTF

jeez why would a sane human being just drop a child in a refuse dump, even if you cnt take care of the child ,the Motherless foundation is there, now the innocent baby that knows nothing is dead ..
angry

2 Likes

This govt seff
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by james669: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
The lady must be mentally ill, Mad woman breast feeding a dead baby that's the first i have heard of such

Military Operations Force Boko Haram Back to Urban Warfare
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3607-military-operations-force-boko-haram-back-to-urban-warfare
All these people who form a mob group sef lynching people here and there. They're always too quick to react.

Many an innocent soul have being lost due to mindless beatings of this kind. Verify a story first before pouncing on people.

2 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Dragonking: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Why are yorubaa women this evil am suspecting ritual thingz.

7 Likes

This land is not for sale

beware of APC goons

50 by 60 = 100k

100 by 100= 250k

comments to follow later. I want check beans for fire

2 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by hungryboy(m): 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
that mob na part of the 21million mad people were we get for dis country oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by steppin: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
See as woman dey waste breaast milk!
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by politricks: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
She is probably a Ritualist. This matter has to be investigated well.
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by mczico: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
I go blow o

change change change
change change change
change change change
change change change
change change change

I mean gej till 2019
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
And does this case DIRECTLY have anything to do with govt?
Keneking:
This govt seff

2 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Blazinraj01(f): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nairaland's auto correct is something else. Which one is bossom feeding? grin I didn't understand the topic at first.
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by lonelydora: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mentally challenged and they still beat her. Nigerians need to grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by tbagjames(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Misogynist2014(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
They should have roasted her alive.
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Situation001(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
waiting for the ìdiots that will put the blame on The People's General..

But wetin consyn me sef..

SAI GMB ALL THE WAY... I HAVE DECIDED..

*Last Bullet*
Full meaning of the acronym GMB
GENERAL MARCH 4 BUHARI gringringrin...
gridlock moves 2 bayelsa embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Smartresult(f): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
It is only in this GEJadministration that ritual s, killings,suicides homicides and jungle justice becomes the business of the day, go to south south, just today a woman in ekiti set her husband ablaze, in northeast, everyday caught suicide bombers are burn to ashes by mob action , all these and more are the symbols of this Govt.
Oh God we desperately need a true change.
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by mytime24(f): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Evil
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by mcdokwe(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by hungryboy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by youngwarlocks: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
ok
Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by chiwetaluAGU(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Gini ka mmadu ji isi kotelu ndi odida anyanwua grin

Aaaaaaazu ikpukpu!

2 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by countsparrow: 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Naija mentality... Beat anything beatable, and burn anything burnable...

But den again, how mad woman take reason say police station na safe haven for am Na wa o!

Na Gej cause all dis bruhaha

3 Likes

Re: Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby by Johnbosco77(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
jungle justice never ends in naija... too bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronke Shonde’s Sister Denies Lekan Shonde’s Claims / Man Cuts His Son's Ear For Being Too Stubborn (Photo) / Dr. Oji Allwell's Family Chases Away Journalists And Sympathizers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.