Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? (12160 Views)

Help! How To Pull Data From Database And Display On A Webpage / Help! How Do I Add Drop Down Menu To A Webpage / How To Insert Emoticons & Html Tags In A Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? by niceuzor: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2006
@ My2cent

Its nice to read from you again,Compliment of the season.

Actually what i'm trying to say about javascript is this,

When i want to protect my webpage Source from the Visitor

i use JAVASCRIPT,this how is work i Copy the Html Source to my file manager i.e the page i want to protect.

Then its tend to disable right click,so u can't right click and View the Webpage Source.

i guess u understand what am trying to say.

Cheers man.
Re: How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2006
those who developed the web had something called open source in mind. the only thing that the source can't be viewed is server side code
Re: How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? by sbucareer(f): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2006

@RuuDie

Online payment is a solution closely oriented by your bank. If you have a business account, meet your bank manager to arrange online and credit card payment options for you.

He would give you some important information like, their ATM gateway, authorization branch code, access to their API and the language they use i.e ASP,JSP or PHP.

With these information we can develop online payment solution for you. Another solution is to use a third-party company. There are many of them, do google search for online payment solution. Even you can use ebay. But they would charge you some commisson per transaction usually in pence, so it is cheap.

Chat room software are freely available online. I can design one for you using java it is dead easy. I will only give you the algorithm for connection and exchanging chat but you would have to build your interface either with HTML or GUI.

The problem with this is that it will cost you money to host it as it is bandwith intensive as users login to chat. But if you'd prefer a third-party software, which is not only cheap but you would have peace of mind.

Imagine designing nairaland from scratch, tedious. But you can download free BB and modify it and host it on a public domain and that it is to it.

The same applies to chat room, do google search and download free chat software modify it and put it on a public domain or put a link on your website to point to it.

Re: How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? by niyyie(m): 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
The easiest way to prevent folks from saving your pages is not to put them online. wink

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prevent A Webpage From Being Saved? by tomX1(m): 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2008
Well I don't realy know if you can prevent a page from being downloaded altogether but for years now I've been using some free-ware HTML encrypting applications that can encrypt the page contents and the scripts in the pages so that the become realy really reallly realllly difficult to decipher and even if you download the pages, they are not viewable in the editor window of any Web Editor. If you view the codes, you might as well be looking at the codes of "The Matrix".

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Classic Ways To Make Money From Blogging / How To Successfully Upgrade Mysql Of Wamp Server / He Does Not Have Money For Hosting And Domain Name. What Should He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.