Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving (4194 Views)

Blogger Replies Trace Urban, Mocks Loyal Nigerian Artistes. / Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours / Nigerian Artistes' Website: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by ocho(f): 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2005
Title: Acknowledging My Artist Heroes

hey, i just joined in and i must say, this is a very interesting site.

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with our Nigerian artistes these days: I think they're improving. I heard a couple of P-square's new songs and I was just blown away, they were really grat and i personally think they are talented. C'mon i know say some out out there feel them flow too abi no be so? them no tap? did i mention how fine those guys are?

And then my darling 2-face, is awesome. Apart from his divine voice, I think he is incredibly sexy. And you know what shows he's a real man? He knows how to get in touch with his emotions and tell a woman how he really feels (not many guys do that these days for whatever reasons)

So big ups to you 2face and I really do hope you win the MTV award for best Afrcan artist because you deserve it. Afrian queen will always be my best song.

God bless our mother land, the great Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by hotangel2(f): 12:56am On Oct 08, 2005
Amen!

Welcome to Nairaland. I am sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Yeah Nigerian musicians are improving. Like seriously they are, There are still some Qwe qwe artist, but we still have very good ones. You forgot to mention Styl-plus. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by Seun(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2005
2Face doesn't have such a lovely voice if you listen closely. It's just that his popular songs are really melodious and his voice is good enough to render them well.
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by layi(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2005
Seconded, seun

When it comes to voice Tuface aint all that. we got lots of artist underground who r way better. its just the chaotic situation in the industry. The talents are blooming but the business part is dying. Everybody wants to put their money on already made talents at the expenses of the upcoming (wonderful) ones.
If u want to hear good voice. listen to Samsung, Luralph, Seun Kuti
Tuface is good but its 90% hype. I like him though. His voice is unique but not the best i've heard. He's got the looks and stage charisma. He's a total artist but being the best?...give me a break!!! Congo's Keysha is Hotter (looks way cuter than tuface and sings lovelier songs) talk more of some south african artists.
Chinwe Ike's voice dexterity would beat Beyonce's any day. Listen to her self titled track in resonance
Wole sings like Brian Mcknight. Agebeeka sings like Tunde of Lighthouse Family.
Clench is wonderful. StreetMonks are of da hook. Listen to Question Mark records all-stars (not yet on radio... www.qmark-ent.com ). Their "Street Life" is the best Nigeria song i've heard in ages (after Styl-Plus Call my name) and Storm records all stars in "Eko-ile". your head will swell with the vocal prowess of each member.
Talking bout Styl-Plus..each memeber of that grp would beat tuface hands voice down.

Psquare is another great grp.
The talents are there. I've got hope in Nigeria music. In a short while the scenery would change.
And nairaland is beign repped...myself and whiteshark are in d industry. Trae_z also. Sumthing good is coming up.
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by ocho(f): 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2005
oh yeah! how could i have forgotten stly plus? i guess i was so captivated in the moment but really those guys are awesome and so big ups to them too.i still think 2-face is sexy and all that! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by Oracle(m): 6:05am On Oct 29, 2005
yeah naija musicians r trying
they really are personally ilove styl plus
and p square im crazy for those guys
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by IAH(f): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2005
layi:

Seconded, seun

When it comes to voice Tuface aint all that. we got lots of artist underground who r way better. its just the chaotic situation in the industry. The talents are blooming but the business part is dying. Everybody wants to put their money on already made talents at the expenses of the upcoming (wonderful) ones.
If u want to hear good voice. listen to Samsung, Luralph, Seun Kuti
Tuface is good but its 90% hype. I like him though. His voice is unique but not the best i've heard. He's got the looks and stage charisma. He's a total artist but being the best?...give me a break!!! Congo's Keysha is Hotter (looks way cuter than tuface and sings lovelier songs) talk more of some south african artists.
Esther Ebigbo's voice dexterity would beat Beyonce's any day. Listen to Chineke n'igwe
Wole sings like Brian Mcknight. Agebeeka sings like Tunde of Lighthouse Family.
Clench is wonderful. StreetMonks are of da hook. Their "Street Life" is the best Nigeria song i've heard in ages (after Styl-Plus Call my name). Listen to Question Mark records all-stars (not yet on radio... www.qmark-ent.com ) and Storm records all stars in "Eko-ile". your head will swell with the vocal prowess of each member.
Talking bout Styl-Plus..each memeber of that grp would beat tuface hands voice down.

Psquare is another great grp.
The talents are there. I've got hope in Nigeria music. In a short while the scenery would change.
And nairaland is beign repped...myself and whiteshark are in d industry. Trae_z also. Sumthing good is coming up.

Na wa o. Nigerian musicians plenty reach this? I've never heard most of the names you mentioned before! Everybody is singing. Maybe I should go and sing too. rolleyes
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 17, 2005
yes ooo,
Nigerian artists are really improving people like PSQUARE,i love those guys and styl plus too
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by SweetnSour(f): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2005
I think this is a very interesting topic. I didnt even know abt this site till today... I have read all ur responses to this particula thread and its great so far. We have to give it up to our peeps, they're doing it big............ There r so many people with great potentials and talents. undiscovered though.... I think naija artiste r really improving but i think they still need to add a lil Naijarism(a word i invented) to their songs. everything is getting americanized....... we can still do great things by sticking to whats ours.. I'd like to encourage them to keep up the good work...p sqaure is d bomb....... i've been moving to the beat all day...... styl plus r just outstanding.. 2face is also great and i think the award he recieved was worth it but dont get fooled... he's not d best.... just one of the best. .... enjoy...... wink
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by icingbaby(f): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2005
styl-plus are really good, i love all their songs and 2face is good too. smiley
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by 4real(m): 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2005
well layi after what you said there nothing to add
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by johnnyc9(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2006
yeah it all gud cos nuttin dey happen. well all i can say is that, tuface is gud, styl plus is beta, but guys feel 'em nowwwwwwwww psquare is d best forever and ever. AMEN. SO NYTHIN WEY NYONE WANNA DO NO PROBS NA YOU DEY ON UR OWN. HATE THEM OR LOVE THEM PSQUARE REIGNS AND ROCKS FOR LIFE. TWO FINGERS FOR LOVERS OF PSQUARE AND FOR Y'ALL HATERZ MIDDLE FINGER IN THE AIR. TAKEA.

Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by SweetnSour(f): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2006
@ P sqaure, na me go marry them eh eh i suppose to marry them eh eh
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by ocho(f): 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2006
both of them? shocked c'mon take one and leave the other for me now rolleyes
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by johnnyc9(m): 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2006
hey easy, ok ocho u take peter, then sweetnsour take paul. r u all hapi now. nywayz loverz takea. jc9 smiley
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by icingbaby(f): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2006
ocho:

both of them? shocked c'mon take one and leave the other for me now rolleyes
shocked shocked shocked i'm sooooo telling your husband 2face, cheating wifyyyyyyyyyyyy. rolleyes
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by johnnyc9(m): 12:03am On Jan 13, 2006
hey guess wat? just made a research and found out that psquare had a nice hit track called LAST NITE. i neva knew. but for ril guys lets face reality, those guys r gud. stop bin haterz and undastand for once. psquare for life. it all gud. ok all u cuties out there, who u prefer, STYL PLUS or PPPPPPPPSQUARE. PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LETS BE RIL.

Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by icingbaby(f): 12:10am On Jan 13, 2006
style-plus they good,nice voice and zeal is fine and sexy. All of them are handsome.
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by ocho(f): 1:29am On Jan 13, 2006
@icing:pls don't tell 2-face cry kiss
@johnnyc: yes we are grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by icingbaby(f): 2:50am On Jan 13, 2006
ok girl, you know i wouldn't tell on my homegirl. kiss
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by johnnyc9(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2006
hey guys wat up wiv y'all and styl plus. let em be. i agree they r great guys but we r talkin bout recent times. wateva styl plus, zeal is so sexy i agree, sings very well, got evri gurl trippin, but compared to peter, hey wat the hell, c'mmon peter is so great, amin rili great so give it up for him. wink

Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by sexyncool(f): 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2006
esther ebigbo?? she was my classmate, (USSEC) WHEN DID SHE BECOME A SINGER??
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by phillygirl: 5:28pm On May 03, 2007
@ johnnyc9 zeal is sexy and fine, he has an handsome face and a tight body, and oh boy can he sing all Peter has is a nice body(really it's true y don't u do a close up on his face and see the real monster).
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by thecolonel: 7:08pm On May 03, 2007
NIGERIAN ARTIST ARE NOT IMPROVING BUT THEY ARE DEGRADING N' XPLOITING THE YOUNG GIRLS & WOMEN
OF OUR GENERATION.

CHECK 99% OF THE VIDEOS, U SEE GIRL ALMOST HALF NAKED DANCE ON STRIP POLES
SHAKING THEIR ASS FOR ONLY 2000 OR 5000 NAIRA
GUYS TAPPING THEIR ASS LIKE IN THE YANKEE VIDEOS

WELL THATS FOR THE LADIES - IF U ALL REALLY LIKE IT THEN I WOULD SAY NIGERIAN VIDEOS N' ARTIST ARE IMPROVING

CUZ I LIKE THE ASS WIGGLING BUT WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO WHAT MUSIC WAS .

GO LISTEN TO PSQUARE, MODENINE N' LEARN WHAT IMPROVEMENT IS ABOUT BOTH ON AUDIO N' VIDEO
REMEMBER ABOUT 7YRS AGO WHEN THE ENTIRE NATION WAS SO DISSAPPOINTED ON THEM EDO GURLS
PROSTITUTING IN ITALY AND ALL OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

FINALLY , FEW OF OUR ARTISTES ARE IMPROVING ON AUDIO AND OTHERS ARE JUST COMPLEMENTING THEIR LACK
OF CREATIVITY IN THE STUDIO WITH SEXY VIDEO.

EXAMPLE :
Ruggedman >> bARAGE (Nice artist but fell into that rank with barage)
MORACHI >> HAPUYA LIKE DAT
dBANJ >>>> TONGOLO REMIX ( Just like Rugged)

GUYS WE NEED DECENT ARTISTES WITH DECENT VIDEOS
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by busygirl(f): 7:49pm On May 03, 2007
[/quote][quote author=thecolonel link=topic=2175.msg1089576#msg1089576 date=1178215692]

GUYS WE NEED DECENT ARTISTES WITH DECENT VIDEOS

. Like STYL-PLUS! i love them bois too much.
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by skingo(m): 12:31am On May 04, 2007
whatz the word, sauce kid is the best artist i have on my list of naija artists,
tuface is nice, dbanj is nice, psquare they dance good, sauce kid though, rap game is something different
Re: Nigerian Artistes: I Think They Are Improving by SweetnSour(f): 4:30pm On May 22, 2009
Nigerian Artists are doing it big
It's no joke.
Yall should check out LURALPH (RAIN, WHATAGWAN)
OLU APALA (OLUWEMAWE, OROYON)
RIZ (ROCK THE BED)
BIGIANO (SHAYO REMIX)

and so on,

PS: The Nigerian Entertainment Award is coming up. ROck the vote people.

(1) (Reply)

Help:does Any One Know Jacob Akinyemi Johnson (jaj) Of Silverbird / HOT BANG: Papaya Ft Mr Benson - Thief (ole) / Burna Boy – Where I’m From DOWNLOAD Mp3-metrodailies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.