Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ (29064 Views)

Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC / Tinubu To Kashamu: We Are Not In The Same Class; Go, Face Your Charges In US / Court Restrains AIT From Airing Defamatory Tinubu Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by jonathan12345: 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is set to sue the management of the Daar Communications Limited, owners of the Africa Independent Television (AIT), for allegedly airing a defamatory documentary on Sunday. According to Tunji Abayomi, counsel to Tinubu,a letter asking Daar Communications to apologise for the content and to stop further airing was delivered to the media organisation on Monday.

The letter read in part:

“You aired an hour-long documentary focusing on our client (Bola Tinubu). Clearly pre-occupied with political resentment and hatred neither warranted, necessary, proper, or justified, you published several false allegations against our client. “More disturbing is your misrepresentation that the said documentary was ‘sponsored’ without disclosing the ‘sponsors.’ You cannot, under law, hide under media freedom to maliciously injure a citizen’s reputation.”

Tinubu is demanding for N20 billion as compensation for damage done to his reputation, vowing to sue the company if it fails to oblige. The letter further said:

“To affirm the right of our client against your defamatory publication, we demand that you confirm to us within 24 hours of receipt of this letter, an apology and retraction of the said publication/documentary.”

Similarly, APC has given the PDP and Femi Fani-Kayode 72 hours to produce evidence of their claim that Yemi Osinbajo took an oath to resign for Tinubu to become vice-president in the event that Muhammadu Buhari wins the March 28 presidential election, or face legal action

http://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-sue-ait-airing-defamatory-documentary | TheCable

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by temitemi1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
They are only saying the truth, truth is bitter than Alomo bitter sha grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by sammyj: 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
i

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Trailblazer1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
AIT has just hit Tinubu below the belt

So much for the change Agents,
So much for the broom careers,
A man who spends #2billion in organising just an ordinary birthday undecided

I won't be surprised if I see the devil preaching the Gospel one day after all, Tinubu the national leader(godfather) of APC is doing the same (a thief wants to fight corruption)

APC supporters won't even dare defend Tinubu's kleptomaniac tendencies

Opinion poll on Tinubu:
Like if you think "Tinubu is a smart thief" Obasanjo(my watch)

Share if you think AIT and OBJ's my watch allegations are baseless

194 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by ManMountain(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
a scapegoat is about to go down. grin grin cheesy
the final end of AIT is around

64 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by kennydee05(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Good move
You don't need to be arguing with them.
Jagaban teaching them lesson since 1999....

For many years now I have stopped watching AIT they lack content... I begin to ask myself is AIT a national TV station...
Thank God that Babaginda is absent from public ...Tinubu will be able to teach Dokpesi lesson big time...
Scape goat
AIT is going down going down
AIT is going down...

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Noviolence2015: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
Chio!!!! Oya sue.
#sueait loading for ever. As if Nigerians and Lagosians don't know he is a thief.
Days of salami selling judgment to Tinubu is over.

Let see how he will buy this particular judgment.
#biggestlagoslandlord

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
AIT, I really wish I could delete that channel from my dstv. That's why they v failed woefully in pushing their daarsat TV.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Noviolence2015: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
kennydee05:
Good move
You don't need to be arguing with them.
Jagaban teaching them lesson since 1999....

For many years now I have stopped watching AIT they lack content... I begin to ask myself is AIT a national TV station...
Thank God that Babaginda is absent from public ...Tinubu will be able to teach Dokpesi lesson big time...
Scape goat
AIT is going down going down
AIT is going down...

Any communication house is at liberty to air the views of those willing to pay for airspace.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by gen2briz(m): 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Let the drama begin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
ManMountain:
a scapegoat is about to go down. grin grin cheesy
the final end of AIT is around

Good. While he's at it those on the PDP side would sue TVC/RC, LTV, CHANNELS AND SAHARA REPORTERS.

IS APC BROKE? METHINKS THEY ARE AND HENCE THE RESORT TO SUING FOR FINANCIAL COMPENSATION.

MY ADVICE? THEY SHOULD WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO - TAKE A LOAN AND FURTHER SCREW UP OUR BANK.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by alaoeri: 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
Don't know what will become of AIT after the clueless one is booted out of power.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Noviolence2015: 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
alaoeri:
Don't know what will become of AIT after the clueless one is booted out of power.

Buhari has history of loosing. Why is this year any different? Absolute bobbings.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by edogirl2: 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
A few successful suits against AIT will set it on the road to bankruptcy.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by kennydee05(m): 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Any communication house is at liberty to air the views of those willing to pay for airspace.
Yes they have.....
Since they have aired it let them face the consequence of bad journalism...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by alaoeri: 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Buhari has history of loosing. Why is this year any different? Absolute bobbings.
March 28 loading you all will be shock, this is 2015 & not the previous ones wake up from your slumber.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
A media mogul who has earned a living fron writing about people trying to silence a media outfit?

Wonders shall never end!

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by sammyj: 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
cheesy
Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Trailblazer1(m): 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Good. While he's at it those on the PDP side would sue TVC/RC, LTV, CHANNELS AND SAHARA REPORTERS.

IS APC BROKE? METHINKS THEY ARE AND HENCE THE RESORT TO SUING FOR FINANCIAL COMPENSATION.

MY ADVICE? THEY SHOULD WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO - TAKE A LOAN AND FURTHER SCREW UP OUR BANK.
How many people has GEJ sued or threatened to sue?

GEJ is a man of an uncommon grace

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Noviolence2015: 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
kennydee05:

Yes they have.....
Since they have aired it let them face the consequence of bad journalism...

There are no consequences. What exist are facts behind the message.

You think an org like AIT hasn't done their risk analysis?

This is the beauty of democracy. Till date Buhari has been begging for apology from AIT and even threaten to burn the plce down. Heaven has not fallen.
Tinubu can go to court; Kermit will be there sipping green tea.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
D billions of $ weh he steal from lagos state no reach am undecided, which court d guy wan go sef, d one weh jonathan dhe control? D guy is a loser, he wants to recover d money he spent on buhari since he knows d election is over for him. Tinubu pls bring our buhari back

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by Noviolence2015: 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
alaoeri:

March 28 loading you all will be shock, this is 2015 & not the previous ones wake up from your slumber.

Your guy dey fear o. I hear he has only three months to live but I wish him quick recovery so as to be defeated yet again at the polls.
Errant nonsense. You think say Na by sai GMB. Election will come and go and he will stand defeated again. Sharia drivers. Killers of innocent souls, power hungry corrupt GMB who cannot give good stewardship of his past leadership positions.

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by kennydee05(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

There are no consequences. What exist are facts behind the message.

You think an org like AIT hasn't done their risk analysis?

This is the beauty of democracy. Till date Buhari has been begging for apology from AIT and even threaten to burn the plce down. Heaven has not fallen.
Tinubu can go to court; Kermit will be there sipping green tea.
Are you aware that sometimes around 2014 court ordered Ruben Abati, Olisah Metuh and PDP to offer public apology for the defamatory statement on Buhari

GUARDIAN/REUBEN Apology:  Re: For the attention of General Buhari

Thursday, 11 July 2013 00:00 Editor

SIR: “On April 22, 2011, The Guardian Newspaper published an article on page 51 titled “For the attention of General Buhari” wherein certain allegations were made against General Muhammadu Buhari’s alleged role in the violence emanating from the elections.

The publication was based on information which we believed to be reliable at that time. Since the publication, however, we now have reason to believe that certain parts of the story were not verified to be correct before the publication.

We assure General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) GCFR of our highest esteem and regret any distress or embarrassment which the said publication may have caused him.”

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by atlwireles: 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
kennydee05:

Are you aware that sometimes around 2013 court ordered Ruben Abati, Olisah Metuh and PDP to offer public apology for the defamatory statement on Buhari

Which court?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Where is the place of NBC? What do you know about broadcasting?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by BabaO2: 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You sound weak minded and very epileptic in reasoning.
Why would u sue Tvc? I watch Tvc 24/7, no hate adverts, they even airs Jonathan adverts. They concentrate more on explaining their party's manifestos.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by alaoeri: 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Your guy dey fear o. I hear he has only three months to live but I wish him quick recovery so as to be defeated yet again at the polls.
Errant nonsense. You think say Na by sai GMB. Election will come and go and he will stand defeated again. Sharia drivers. Killers of innocent souls, power hungry corrupt GMB who cannot give good stewardship of his past leadership positions.
Maybe you should come out of your cave & see the reality on grounds, Jona will go down in history as the first incumbent President to be defeated in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by KpStone(m): 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Why don't they name the sponsors of the said views. Read that letter again.
Mumu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by kennydee05(m): 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
atlwireles:

Which court?
Here are my sources: and if you can't comprehend bye bye
How Jonathan begged Buhari to settle N1 billion libel case with Reuben Abati

The Jonathan Presidency begged Major General Buhari to settle the case with Reuben Abati and the Guardian out of court.

This is hard to believe but true. It was in all major news media. The Jonathan Presidency did beg General Muhammadu Buhari to settle out of court. And the noble man that Buhari is; he accepted. When this was happening, many of us read it but did not really realize what matter it was about – that it was about the great tarnishing of General Buhari’s name. It was in different media under the various captions – “Presidency begs Buhari to settle slander case out of court,” in
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2013/01/13/presidency-begs-buhari-to-settle-slander-case-out-of-court/
Another Source: http://newsrescue.com/rueben-abati-retracts-libelous-invention-linking-buhari-terror-compensates-general-damages/ :

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ by KpStone(m): 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Trailblazer1:
How many people has GEJ sued or threatened to sue?

GEJ is a man of an uncommon grace

You don't sue people for saying truths with facts. Besides, his cluelesness won't allow him. He doesn't know who to sue or who not to.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bida Market Where Boko Haram Trades - Daily Trust / Niger-Delta Group Condemns Tompolo's Acquisition Of War Ships. / Senator Ademola Adeleke Hosts A Get Together With His Family (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.