Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? (24629 Views)

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. / NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Ukeachu1(m): 11:56am On Mar 03, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:
One fatal flaw with every Nigerian is wanting to eat their cake and have it back.

Poster first things first, why do you want to go for NYSC?

Do you understand its purpose?

Do you think it is relevant to you?

If the job is so lucrative, and you are willing to forgo your NYSC certificate, then make the choice.
Nairaland is full of hypocrites who speak from both sides of their mouth, one moment they are condemning GEJ
The other moment they are advising corruption at its highest level, in an open forum without any remorse.

The truth is bitter my brother, but I will advise you talk with your supervisor, the reality is that you have a difficult choice to make

If you find a way to go round the situation, and get both, that would be fantastic, but the way I see it is, dialogue and get advice from your supervisor.

You could forgo NYSC altogether, but it could also come back to bite you in future, if eventually you get any where near govt.

tank God ppl like u still day o. God help Nigeria youths
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by gramillion(f): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
Smartresult:
Guy go for service, go to serve your papaland, Nysc is compulsory, if u skip it now it will affect you in the future.
Leave that job for those who graduated and ready. But remember to #voteGEJout on 28th.
u ar a vry wicked person for offerin such advice..u jst wish u ar in d guys position..nysc ke,nysc nii

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
gramillion:
u ar a vry wicked person for offerin such advice..u jst wish u ar in d guys position..nysc ke,nysc nii

smiles..
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by samuelson06(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
ulster:

Similar case in my time. What I did, was allow the recruitment process to go on, took the offer and mentioned that I am still a corper. What it did was i had a contract with the firm-then Prudent Bank. The offer was made in Nov, but i didnt resume till march the next year. So let your former boss that I keen on taking up employments options with the coy, collect and accept your offer from HR and then go back to your boss to inform her that you will be proceeding to do your NYSC, once the offer has been made and accepted, it will be difficult to withdraw it.
God Bless!

Bro, don't say it'll be difficult to withdraw it. I know that depends on the organization but they can see you as trying to use them and hence resist you except you resign. Like my organization, you can't leave for more than a week let alone 3 weeks camping. For me, I have decided not to serve again because I'm in the same shoe with that guy. I don't want problem with the organization in future and I hope to grow with them. So many organizations don't tolerate you leave for long.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by FManX(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Bro my candid advice.... go tru d process and accept d offer, As long as ur Boss remembered u exist, willingly talking employment with d hr on ur behalf she'd equally understand whatever u say concerning ur service.

She knew u're graduating and u'll be going to service so why worry...tell her u're willing to take d offer and that u're going to service May, I bliv she'll come up with good suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by souljaboi51(m): 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
say no? are you kidding me? i would leave my masters in uk to do the job man. its simple, accept the job and if they take you knowing that you are just about to start nysc, its better. then runs the posting or better still pay the principal or your Local govt inspector. you may not get another chance. i missed a great opportunity to work abroad while i was in camp. dont make that mistake bro. wish you all the best
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by litaninja(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
Go to OLX....Sell IT!!!

On a serious note, accept the job, do the NYSC orientation, "influence" your posting, start working...
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by femidejulius(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
samuelson06:

I love this comment so much. In fact, I have been in this dilemma for sometime now. Today, am attending an interview and my friend trying to link me up has warned that I won't have to leave the office for anything once am employed. Meanwhile, am supposed to join Batch B this year. I have accepted never to serve again. The job would be paid 80k a month. It's an NGO and am sure to have some good experience with them. My mates are against the idea saying it'll affect me in future for not serving Nigeria and at the same time they that have served, some are still at home because there's no job to even hunt for in the state and again nobody is ready to employ them due to lack of experience while others take up peanut jobs in other states. I asked myself: do these guys want me to serve then end up like them? I'm just with my God in this life and I have seen that no one cares to help, not even to help pass your CV to authorities. They only care about their immediate family members. Yes, immediate family in it's true meaning except just a few. I have told my friends that I'll never be disadvantaged in this life just because of one nonsense NYSC. I'm taking up this job and moving on with my life. The Lord is my strength. Whatever hurdle comes up in future due to failure to have served, the Lord would turn it to my advantage. Thanks for strengthening me with your comment.

My pleasure brother. I can assure you that you are on the path to greatness. Lots of people succeed without nysc certificate. Why won't you?
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
Op, the idea is not to go all eternity without NYSC.

You'll still have to. who wouldn't grin grin

Just have your mind made up. NYSC later, JOB Now!!!

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by femidejulius(m): 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Skoopy:

I wish I could meet with you one on one, for the bolded, you deserve some bottles of beer.

cheesycheesycheesy
Your wish is also my wish. We can't say. It might happen.
Cold beer, barbecued meat... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Drkul(f): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Am currently serving in Rivers, all corpers are posted to school with the exception of medical students and few agric students who are posted in accordance to their prosPective disciplines... U can runz your posting to rivers and then discuss with your ppa principal to permit you to be a ghost corper... We have plenty ghost corpers over here... Congrats on your new job

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
I disagree with those that said u shld 4get NYSC. My dear influence ur service to the state. Some times it is not that easy, but where by it didnt work, report to where u are posted, talk one on one with ur ZI or any other top official that can give u a listening ear cos sometimes the ZI might not be ready to listen to such, depending the personality of the ZI. Then meet ur CDS cordinator and reason things out. Reach an agreement with them to be giving them some percentage of ur allawi(be careful on how to present the money issue) they will always cover u till the end of the service yr. Explain the situation of things with ur OGA in the COY before u leave for service. GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nicepoker(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
candy15:
Accept the offer
Work your relocation to PH
Work your ppa to the company and work hard to be retained.......meanwhile let the woman know you're going for service and will be through with orientation camp before July
u think its so easy like that.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by samuelson06(m): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
femidejulius:

My pleasure brother. I can assure you that you are on the path to greatness. Lots of people succeed without nysc certificate. Why won't you?

Definitely, I'll succeed. Thanks for your encouragement please.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by pbs4real(m): 12:39am On Mar 04, 2015
Burger01:

Ok. So, when will he go for his NYSC
is it imp?
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by ulster: 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
samuelson06:

Bro, don't say it'll be difficult to withdraw it. I know that depends on the organization but they can see you as trying to use them and hence resist you except you resign. Like my organization, you can't leave for more than a week let alone 3 weeks camping. For me, I have decided not to serve again because I'm in the same shoe with that guy. I don't want problem with the organization in future and I hope to grow with them. So many organizations don't tolerate you leave for long.

I didnt say he sholud skip work and come back after three weeks or so, thats un-authorised absence and its a grave sin in employment! what i adviced was take the offer and accept it first, then go back and inform the HR via the supposed supervisor that actually, i am still serving...hope this doesnt dim my chances etc.....
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Please who has an idea of how rivers state ppa works? Cos I was informed they don't post people to companies.

Bro, well done o. Can we have some private convo. pls?
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Godshand:

Bro, well done o. Can we have some private convo. pls?
johnbimbo12[at]yahoo. com
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
johnbimbo12:

johnbimbo12@yahoo. com

Ok. Will mail you later. Seems i've probs. with my mail now.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
johnbimbo12:

johnbimbo12[at]yahoo. com

Bro, you've got mail. Check it pls.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
Godshand:

Bro, you've got mail. Check it pls.
nothing yet
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
johnbimbo12:

nothing yet

have you check it
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Wendy80(f): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Propti1:
[b][/b]To all those counseling to take d job and manipulate NYSC, hope u know u are advertising CORRUPTION

[i]To all those counseling to take d job and manipulate NYSC, hope u know u are advertising CORRUPTION

[/i]To all those counseling to take d job and manipulate NYSC, hope u know u are advertising CORRUPTION

Corruption ko NySC ni
OP biko grab dat job with Ur hands and legs.
I know pple with NYSC cert with Msc join sef still jobless for years.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by deejay6: 7:47am On Mar 10, 2015
Wen u get out of nysc u need a job right?

God has done the job for u now u are still confused of wat to do,my bro go outside there and see the shoes of nysc graduates.

If the job guarantees a very good security nysc isn't a problem cos ur life in the next one year would never be compared with that of nysc.......be a ghost corper and establish ur life so u dnt regret.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bro JohnBimbo12, i'm still expecting a message from you. How far for d matter naw?
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by dollyptosh(m): 2:34am On Mar 14, 2015
Don't let that job pass you by oooo. You can always sort out nysc Ish...Just get posted to the state and the rest won't be a problem.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 8:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Godshand:
Bro JohnBimbo12, i'm still expecting a message from you. How far for d matter naw?
Told you I didn't see any mail sir
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by richol(m): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
ilori1930:

A thousand likes is not enough for the bolded.
.....and yet we wish to kill corruption by 'working'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy / Massive Fresh Graduate Recruitment In A First Generation Bank / How Much Does The CBN Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.