Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Please Assist Me To Source For This Sewage Pump ( Used Or New ) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Assist Me To Source For This Sewage Pump ( Used Or New ) (2992 Views)

Any Idea Of Where I Can Source For Ogbono And Crayfish @very Cheaper Rate / Please Anyone With Useful Information On Where To Source For Coconut Shell / Where To Source For Shea Butter In Bulk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Assist Me To Source For This Sewage Pump ( Used Or New ) by flobo: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2015
saliubello:
I was opportuned to collect a job sometimes ago. The job entails litter movement. We dispose off litters for a large poultry within my localty. Instead of burning them, my old man suggested we least this farmland not too far away from the big farm. About 30 acres. The owner was away in Quatar for green pastures ( a bricklayer).

Fast forward, i spread the litters on the entire 30 acres in 3 locations each close to one another. The harvest was bountiful. Only maize was planted. The smallest cob being the size of lacasera bottle. Average sized. Idea is need.

The farmland owner returned from Quatar empty handed, we were even the one who paid for his flight home and helped him secure some bricklaying jobs so he could get himself together. On visiting our maize crib, he couldnt help but forcefully ejected us from his land. Subsequently, without telling my old man, he harrowed the land we had ploughed in readiness for the next planting.

It pays to be good, the first day i drove the first truck of litters into that land, one of the bricklayer' family came and drove me and the labourers out saying we cannot turn his brothers farm into a dust bin. He chased us with matchetes. But later after explaining to him and he realised his error and ignorance allowed work to progress. Since his farm was along the way each time i bring the litter, i will drop between 3-5bags for him. In short, the family member planting close by benefitted from the largesse.

These were the people who resisting our forceful ejection from the land. The landowner plant cassava, the harvest fantastic. Unfortunately, about N600 thousand realised from the proceeds of the cassava was used to bribe lawyers during the land tusstle case in court between him and his extended family.

The staff of the large farm got wind of the harvest, the production manager plus auditor and some security staff were also hoodwinked by the harvest. Then the plot came.. Litter movement suspended.
But did I tell you the farm was paying me N3000 to dispose litters from maybe a 10000 capacity pen house though its already bagged and packed outside. While i settle labourers with the money realised and buy diesel every forthnightly.

No more litters, the workers were utilising the litters themselves.

But my old man on realising this, came up with another idea that since the liquid poultry was more abundant( the farms has more pen houses where cage and sockaway were utilised that means no more competitor)

We already procure a 15000 litter water tank mounted on tractor trailer dedicated for sewage movement.
The challenge is getting the sewage pump that can suck the liquid plus the slug or sediment. Knowingfully well that it will powered by the dedicated tractor too..

Sorry for the. epistle. But I needed to share maybe some one somewhere may adapt anything from the story.

Maize intercropped with ewedu all the way.

Why not ask/inquire from all those people in shit business what type of pump they use. /
Re: Please Assist Me To Source For This Sewage Pump ( Used Or New ) by saliubello(m): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2015
flobo:

Why not ask/inquire from all those people in shit business what type of pump they use. /
Yes. i've been to couple of them. I've seen the pump they use but not been able to fanthom how to adapt it to be operated by tractor pto. Since the tractor is available why not deploy it instead of looking for money buy a truck again?

The ease and convenience of operation the pto powered pump brings is what endares me to it. Moreso, spreading the slurry on the farmland with slurry laiden Mercedese truck will be difficult as compared to using a tractor specially made for that purpose.

Re: Please Assist Me To Source For This Sewage Pump ( Used Or New ) by saliubello(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2015
something like this is what i seek.
Re: Please Assist Me To Source For This Sewage Pump ( Used Or New ) by saliubello(m): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
anyone come across this pump? or any other industrial water pump?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You In Need Of An Affordable Website To Sell Your Farm Produce? / Supply Of Melon(egusi) And Sesame Seed / Rabbit Feeds (nutrimax Premium Rabbit Pellets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.