Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,364 members, 7,826,428 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Nigerian Youths: How Ready Are We To Take Charge? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths: How Ready Are We To Take Charge? (562 Views)

Tension In Aso Rock Over Buhari's Health; Osinbajo's Men Move To Take Charge / Nigerian Youths, "How Far?" / Biafrans How Ready Are You !!!!?....come And Pick One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths: How Ready Are We To Take Charge? by DesChyko: 6:35am On Mar 03, 2015
I came across this topic, "» Nigerian Banks Lose 24.5% Of Market Value«" on frontpage and I opened it with eagerness to learn. After an opposing view with a Nairalander on the 'Devaluation' of the Nigerian currency and its implications, I took it upon myself that I will study more about that because I actually understand little about it. That explains my desire to gobble up every information on that thread.

However, the variety of information on that thread made me document its statistics for interested viewers to analyse and see for themselves.
Out of a total of 80 comments in a thread that asked for opinions on the banking scenario,
24 comments were out of point and not related to the discussion in anyway.
17 comments were supporting or opposing political parties.
12 comments were hurling insults at one another.
22 comments were related to the topic.
And only 5 comments showed real knowledge and depth in the demands of the thread with advice and realtime scenario analysis.

If this were to be a Sample Space for Nigerian citizenry, this would mean that:
66.3% have little or no idea how to react in this situation and would either play the blame game or remain indifferent to managing this scenario.
27.5% have the desire to pull through but have the necessary know-how or perfect emotional balance to do just that.
6.25% are the elite few that really know how to adapt and survive in such scenario with minimal fuss.
And the thread had just two pages! Compared with a thread where Toolz has fitted all of her endowments into a gown that a 10-year old would see as an undersized wear.

Perhaps, in truth, the youth are not old enough to lead the country. Forget the GEJ till 2019s and GMB/PYO buhahas, it's just like a bird that flew away from the ground and landed on a yam mound. They're both surrounded by hungry politicians, not leaders.

Until we embrace individual changes in mentality for the sake of patriotism, Nigeria would continually remain in the shackles of the despots and their greed-spawned godfathers. Our choices and views are quite mindnumbing. After all the Business College graduates we have in Nigeria, I was expecting 'people' to make mincemeat of the OP's request.

It's not about anybody. It's not about any party. It's about yourself.

Kudos to comsol, nextstep, kyke008, jonbee1 and kaboninc for their insight. Nigeria needs more people like you.
Re: Nigerian Youths: How Ready Are We To Take Charge? by phabuloz(m): 6:46am On Mar 03, 2015
Naso o,plenty crazy pple na dem full dis place

(1) (Reply)

The Endless Contradictions Of Buhari / Nigerian Govt. Plans To Deposit Huge Sum Into Jega’s Account — APC / Who Knew The President Can Dance? [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.