Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? (4004 Views)

FUEL SCARCITY: 3 Types Of People That Can Get Fuel Easily At The Fuel Stations / Some Nigerian Voters Visit 'Babalawo' To See Who Go Win Btw GMB And GEJ(pics) / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2009
Is it just me or do they have hot temper!!

Little things can tick them off. Most of them just go off on little things, makes no sense to me.

Is it inheritance, culture or what? Why do they bellow like hungry apes for unnecessary things?

Note: No yabbing or cussing the poster, It's Abomination!!! Just answer the question cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2009
First, I will like to ask,

have u dated other guys apart from Nigerians?

I wouldn't be able to answer cos I have only dated Nigerians undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2009
Tgirl4real:

First, I will like to ask,

have u dated other guys apart from Nigerians?

I wouldn't be able to answer because I have only dated Nigerians undecided
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
But it's not only in relationship na.
I work/talk/eat/chat/see other men of nationality (are friends), and trust me, they do not get easily irritated like our naija men
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by onyinye2(f): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2009
I Know!!!

Lawd have mercy. And it ain't even guys that I date.

I get it from my father, my siblings, my cousins, my uncles, and my male friends.
They just all up in my ear. Just in there digging around. Jeevus!!!

I remember I went to the mall with my male friends and one girl friend. So of course I'm the kind of person who likes to look before she buys. So tell me why the men I was with (all nigerians) the was all up on my tips. Just get agitated talking about " Lets go! Ka anyi gaa". I'm like, "We spent such and such hours at the shoe store and all the other dumb stores you guys like but now I want to enjoy myself wahala starts".

They were literally getting worked up over nothing. Whining and grumbling that I was like "I don't give a damn. I am going to take my time to buy what I like oka. Jeevus."
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2009
Hmmmm . . .

I agree. I think they get easily pissed off and they aint patient
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 12, 2009
onyinye2:

I Know!!!

I get it from my father, my siblings, my cousins, my uncles, and my male friends.

I remember I went to the mall with my male friends and one girl friend. So of course I'm the kind of person who likes to look before she buys. So tell me why the men I was with (all nigerians) the was all up on my tips. Just get agitated talking about " Lets go! Ka anyi gaa". I'm like, "We spent such and such hours at the shoe store and all the other dumb stores you guys like but now I want to enjoy myself wahala starts".

They were literally getting worked up over nothing. Whining and grumbling that I was like "I don't give a damn. I am going to take my time to buy what I like oka. Jeevus."
lmaooooooooooo. true that.

Imagine, they've been toasting you oh. Then once you say no (nicely), they get all mad and be like "I didn't like you in the first place. bla bla" cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Treetop20(m): 12:10am On Jan 12, 2009
i don't get upset quickly
but when i blow up
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 12, 2009
Treetop20:

i don't get upset quickly
but when i blow up
cheesy cheesy
That's what they all say, until you see their true color sad
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Treetop20(m): 12:22am On Jan 12, 2009
HeatFusion:

That's what they all say, until you see their true color sad
lol
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Cayon(f): 12:38am On Jan 12, 2009
@Poster

True talk except your last sentence. They are nothing like Caribbean men.  You can tell a c'bbean man "do this and do that" and they'll do it immediately without questioning you.  In fact, c'bbean men listen/obey their women.  But Nigerians are very aggressive - is like you have to listen to them,  . . . .especially when they give you that under the brow look

Peace
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by SeanT21(f): 12:40am On Jan 12, 2009
Cayon:

@Poster

True talk except your last sentence. They are nothing like Caribbean men. You can tell a c'bbean man "do this and do that" and they'll do it immediately without questioning you. In fact, c'bbean men listen/obey their women. But Nigerians are very aggressive - is like you have to listen to them, . . . .especially when they give you that under the brow look

Peace

skipping off to find a caribbean man
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by arramyjay: 1:12am On Jan 12, 2009
Dont know them so well,but i have friends who dont get easily irritated. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Hauwa1: 1:22am On Jan 12, 2009
grin grin
@ onyinye

lol but when they are toasting you, you could take them around the store/mall till closing hr. once you started dating, forget it ''hurry up'' lol
grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Sammy107d(m): 1:28am On Jan 12, 2009
Cayon:

@Poster

True talk except your last sentence. They are nothing like Caribbean men.  You can tell a c'bbean man "do this and do that" and they'll do it immediately without questioning you.  In fact, c'bbean men listen/obey their women.  But Nigerians are very aggressive - is like you have to listen to them,  . . . .especially when they give you that under the brow look

Peace

Im cool with women taking charge and all, but the depth in the caribbean, is like "freakin hell! no waay. . . shocked"

Caribbean chics: Brings out the mugu in you  cool
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 12, 2009
onyinye2:

I Know!!!

Never ever shop with a guy kiss

@topic
They don't with me. tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Cayon(f): 1:53am On Jan 12, 2009
Sammy107_d:

I'm cool with women taking charge and all, but the depth in the caribbean, is like "freakin hell! no waay. . . shocked"

Caribbean chics: Brings out the mugu in you cool
na u come b mugu grin. wetin u mean “freakin hell”. befor una throw away stone make una first wash the glass house wey una dey stay grin grin grin

sen som flying fish ovah my way? wink

Good night and good luck

Peace
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by omega25red(m): 1:58am On Jan 12, 2009
we are no nonsense passionate people. and poster you should question what keep coming out of your mouth if every Nigerian men keep loosing it with you tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 12, 2009
omega25red:

we are no nonsense passionate people. and poster you should question what keep coming out of your mouth if every Nigerian men keep loosing it with you tongue
Thank you.

This is for you
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by omega25red(m): 2:03am On Jan 12, 2009
HeatFusion:

Thank you.

This is for you

wow LMAOROF ya see wha i mean
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Sammy107d(m): 2:05am On Jan 12, 2009
Cayon:

na u come b mugu grin.  wetin u mean “freakin hell”.  befor una throw away stone make una first wash the glass house wey una dey stay  grin grin grin

sen som flying fish ovah my way?  wink

Good night and good luck

Peace

smiley Theres no way you like that fish
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Moonstone(f): 2:07am On Jan 12, 2009
omega25red:

we are no nonsense passionate people. and poster you should question what keep coming out of your mouth if every Nigerian men keep loosing it with you  tongue
More like nonsense lazy people. I can speak for the men I know who act like women everytime nothing goes their way. Nigerian mothers breastfeed their boys way too long. I mean when a 28-year old is acting like he is 12, you know someone is to be blamed. I really have to work at converting ages of Nigerian men.
If one says he's 30, he's actually 18/19.
25-29, he's 15-17
Anything less is a teenager.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by omega25red(m): 2:13am On Jan 12, 2009
Moonstone:

More like nonsense lazy people. I can speak for the men I know who act like women everytime nothing goes their way. Nigerian mothers breastfeed their boys way too long. I mean when a 28-year old is acting like he is 12, you know someone is to be blamed. I really have to work at converting ages of Nigerian men.
If one says he's 30, he's actually 18/19.
25-29, he's 15-17
Anything less is a teenager.

i sort of feel sorry for ya becuase you think Nigerian men are lazy which could only mean that you have had a string of bad relationships in your life time which really has nothing to do with Nigerians. I guess you probably should question the type of men you pick and not generalise a whole nationality. who knows maybe you have a mommy complex which makes you pick men who need to be babied.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Moonstone(f): 2:16am On Jan 12, 2009
omega25red:

i sort of feel sorry for ya becuase you think Nigerian men are lazy which could only mean that you have had a string of bad relationships in your life time which really has nothing to do with Nigerians. I guess you probably should question the type of men you pick and not generalise a whole nationality. who knows maybe you have a mommy complex which makes you pick men who need to be babied.
Okay, let me go out on a limb here to correct this. I have had amazing relationships and bad ones too. However, I really don't think ALL Nigerian men are that way. I mean majority of them. It's not my personal choices that I'm talking about. It's the ones I've met on a daily basis and studied their behaviors. My personal choices are almost not included in what I meant. Don't take it so personal. . . it's not that serious.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 12, 2009
while i agree most nigerian men i know are easily ticked off, there are some that are as cool as a cucumber.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 12, 2009
davidylan:

while i agree most nigerian men i know are easily ticked off, there are some that are as cool as a cucumber.
shocked shocked shocked shocked Ope o!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by omega25red(m): 2:31am On Jan 12, 2009
Moonstone:

Okay, let me go out on a limb here to correct this. I have had amazing relationships and bad ones too. However, I really don't think ALL Nigerian men are that way. I mean majority of them. It's not my personal choices that I'm talking about. It's the ones I've met on a daily basis and studied their behaviors. My personal choices are almost not included in what I meant. Don't take it so personal. . . it's not that serious.

you actually meet Nigerians on a daily basis and study them?? what university has given you a grant for that and what aspect of science is that i know it's not sociology, or is it

by the way it really is not serious it's just like someone calling me the N word i know i'm not that so why should i take offence.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Moonstone(f): 2:37am On Jan 12, 2009
omega25red:

you actually meet Nigerians on a daily basis and study them?? what university has given you a grant for that and what aspect of science is that i know it's not sociology, or is it

by the way it really is not serious it's just like someone calling me the N word i know i'm not that so why should i take offence.
I study people because I want to know who I'm dealing with and how I should deal with them. I am not a psychologist or a sociologist but I am someone who likes interacting with other people. I have seen that a lot of Nigerian men get very irritated at the slightest things and I actually agree that a lot of them do. You can't tell me you haven't noticed that too
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Hauwa1: 3:18am On Jan 12, 2009
Moon, you really made me laugh grin grin grin grin

david thank you jare from your mouth into lipsrsealed ear grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by iice(f): 4:38am On Jan 13, 2009
I don't think so.  Well most of them i know and have met are not easily irritated.
I would say they are more 'touchy' than irritable.
In the sense that there are certain pressure points that once touched, flares.
They are passionate about certain topics/beliefs/interests, which usually are the point of origin of their irritability
unlike some women, who just get irritated without any definite cause.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Sammy107d(m): 4:44am On Jan 13, 2009
18351 posts in just over 2.5years! amazing lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 13, 2009
Sammy107_d:

18351 posts in just over 2.5years! amazing lipsrsealed

hahahahaha cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Easily Get Irritated? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:28am On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

I don't think so. Well most of them i know and have met are not easily irritated.
I would say they are more 'touchy' than irritable.
In the sense that there are certain pressure points that once touched, flares.
They are passionate about certain topics/beliefs/interests, which usually are the point of origin of their irritability

unlike some women, who just get irritated without any definite cause.

This makes more sense than just simple irritability, from what I've noticed. Maybe some of the people here that are saying the men are easily irritated, are actually touching those pressure points on a regular basis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Condom / The Sincere TRUTH! About The Transgendered Girl / Epic And Hilarious Moments Back In Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.