Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? (1117 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Whatsapp And Wikipedia: Do You Know Your Whatsapp Can do This? / Whatsapp Payment - Has Anyone Ever Paid Whatsapp Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 11:47am On Mar 03, 2015
I asked this question because in my three years of using WhatsApp, I have NEVER paid for the service and the WhatsApp team have never prompted me to do...
After the first year that was free, towards the end of the free subscription, my service was automatically renewed one fine night like that... Dunno why..
Just recently too, I observed that WhatsApp have renewed my subscription automatically without me knowing..
Have anyone also noticed this?
How then do WhatsApp now make their money since they don't post ads and they've refused to charge me the normal $1 per year...

So tell me, have you ever paid for your WhatsApp Service?

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove,I

Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by beinstein(m): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
5years and counting , i've never paid a dime for using whatsapp .
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
Mine will expire june 16 let me wait and see. But for 2 years on I avnt paid a penny. But I tell u not all lines are going to be lucky.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
Oxasbi:
Mine will expire june 16 let me wait and see. But for 2 years on I avnt paid a penny. But I tell u not all lines are going to be lucky.

Kul.. Two years ain't bad...
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
beinstein:
5years and counting , i've never paid a dime for using whatsapp .

Wow... You'd render WhatsApp bankrupt
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On Mar 05, 2015
Yes I have. Paid for 5 years on both of my lines.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Yes I have. Paid for 5 years on both of my lines.

Huh? Thought Nigerians ain't paying for the service since the posters above said they've also been using it free of charge
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by W3xy1(m): 7:52am On Mar 05, 2015
And what is d benefit of dis thread
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by yahaya1(m): 10:59am On Mar 05, 2015
I have that belief that they have access to all the information passing through their platform and this can be useful to first world countries and that can bring a huge amount of money.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Lstar4real(m): 11:21am On Mar 05, 2015
I have paid and still paying... Once u have downloaded new version ...its act of making payment..because your number must be verified before final installation cool
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by beinstein(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2015
Lstar4real:
I have paid and still paying... Once u have downloaded new version ...its act of making payment..because your number must be verified before final installation cool
really?
could it be that we're using different whatsapp applications?
I've seen/heard none of that since i started using the app since 2010.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
W3xy1:
And what is d benefit of dis thread

What's the benefit of this ya post?
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
yahaya1:
I have that belief that they have access to all the information passing through their platform and this can be useful to first world countries and that can bring a huge amount of money.

Wow... You can't be serious...
Re: Have You Ever Paid For Your Whatsapp Service? by Whizpeter(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lstar4real:

Well have downloaded new versions several times and I haven't paid a dime for it..

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Root My Android Phone!!! / Samsung Galaxy Note II In Kaduna (where To Buy?) / Mint Condition Samsung Note 2 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.