Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced (2647 Views)

8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Cylinder 4 Misfire After Battery Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 11:54am On Mar 03, 2015
Hi guys I need help here. Just yesterday on my way back from work, my car stopped. I popped the hood and found out the battery head was loose. I proceeded to tightening the head and the car started again.
But herein lies d problem. After I started d car, the ac stopped blowing cold air. The fan blows but only hot air comes out. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a Toyota Avensis 2007
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
Car gurus I need ur help guys
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
freetowns:
Hi guys I need help here. Just yesterday on my way back from work, my car stopped. I popped the hood and found out the battery head was loose. I proceeded to tightening the head and the car started again.
But herein lies d problem. After I started d car, the ac stopped blowing cold air. The fan blows but only hot air comes out. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a Toyota Avensis 2007

it might sound stupid but did you switch the AC back on ?

some cars when you switch off the engine with AC on and ON again the C doesnt come ON automatically you have to switch on again
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

it might sound stupid but did you switch the AC back on ?

some cars when you switch off the engine with AC on and ON again the C doesnt come ON automatically you have to switch on again
Yes I switched it back on.
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by abatically(m): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
freetowns:

Yes I switched it back on.

And ur climate control is on the blue end or the red end?
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
abatically:

And ur climate control is on the blue end or the red end?
It's not with that kind of control. The ac temp is set at "lo"
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
run through your fuses
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
Done dat now but still blowing hot. Someone advised pulling d negative battery head out for 10mins n putting it back
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by abatically(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
freetowns:

It's not with that kind of control. The ac temp is set at "lo"

Then u probably have a blown fuse. Check ur fuse box.
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by DECOtech(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
Freetowns, you should run through your fuses like Gazzuzz said. It could be that power is not getting to your AC compressor clutch.

1 Like

Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
DECOtech:
Freetowns, you should run through your fuses like Gazzuzz said. It could be that power is not getting to your AC compressor clutch.
How do I do that. The fuse are the ones left of the driver side right?
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by DECOtech(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
freetowns:

How do I do that. The fuse are the ones left of the driver side right?

Yes
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by earthrealm(m): 11:44am On Mar 04, 2015
What kind of car is that?
Most cars ac reset to 80deg f when the batt is removed..
so u have to manually lower the temp setting to 5he lowest or 64 deg f.

A pic of ur dashboard with the hvac controls showing will help us help u

1 Like

Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by GarbaAudu: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
My guy, there is nothing wrong with your AC. You have simply switched on your car heater! Either you or someone else have mistakenly turned on (clockwise) the climate control to the red curve line. Simply turn back the control knob (clockwise) to the blue end, and you are good to go!
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by abatically(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2015
GarbaAudu:
My guy, there is nothing wrong with your AC. You have simply switched on your car heater! Either you or someone else have mistakenly turned on (clockwise) the climate control to the red curve line. Simply turn back the control knob (clockwise) to the blue end, and you are good to go!

u sound like u are so sure
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by erictoonice: 8:21am On Mar 05, 2015
pls guys my car is having same problem its a Honda accord 1997
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by GarbaAudu: 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
abatically:

u sound like u are so sure

Lol. I'm not entirely sure. But hey! This is just the right answer the OP want to hear. Atleast, he can study and understand what climate control is.
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by GarbaAudu: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
@ Abatically. When you asked the OP if his vehicle's climate control is on the blue end or red end, he responds by claiming that his car has no such (climate) control. Do you beleive that Toyota Avensis has no climate control? 2007 model for that matter? A food for thought.
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by abatically(m): 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
GarbaAudu:
@ Abatically. When you asked the OP if his vehicle's climate control is on the blue end or red end, he responds by claiming that his car has no such (climate) control. Do you beleive that Toyota Avensis has no climate control? 2007 model for that matter? A food for thought.

Of course every car with ac has climate control. I believe he said the display on his ac display screen is showing LO which is the lowest temperature (2007 avensis has 2 screens, one for media and the other for ac). He might just have a blown fuse. Anyway we are all just truing to help and no idea is wasted. Peace.
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by earthrealm(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2015
GarbaAudu:

The poster is not serious...hv asked him a series of questions....no answer
told him to post a pic of his dashboard and ac controls....still no response......there is nothing more we can do
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
GarbaAudu:
Oga 07 dn't have dat red and blue knob . Don't b quick to conclusion. It's a digital control wiv a screen showing temp. And like I explained, it's on "lo". Thanks
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
abatically:

Of course every car with ac has climate control. I believe he said the display on his ac display screen is showing LO which is the lowest temperature (2007 avensis has 2 screens, one for media and the other for ac). He might just have a blown fuse. Anyway we are all just truing to help and no idea is wasted. Peace.
Thanks boss
Re: Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced by freetowns: 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
GarbaAudu:
Show me ur red and blue thing in dis pic. M not dumb

(1) (Reply)

"Open Hood" Notification In Camry 2007 XLE V6 / Fuel Consumption / Www.mypawcar.com Trucks And Cars Repair Before Shipping Them To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.