Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Working In A Bank - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Working In A Bank (515 Views)

Working In Ribaa Banks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Working In A Bank by estateng(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Assalamu Alaykum,

Please I need your candid opinions as to working in a bank. I recently work in a Nigerian Commercial Bank as an outsourced staff. Just recently, the bank plans to make me a permanent staff and at the same time I have reason to believe of an offer from elsewhere (not a bank). The other place pays much much less than that of a permanent staff of the bank and I am caught in a web of which to choose. I have an extended family that I am responsible for and the huge pay would help a lot. What is your advise Islamically?

I await responses.
Re: Working In A Bank by adejaresalami1(m): 9:05am On Mar 04, 2015
most of this banks deals with riba....I advice u find other means of earning a living, Allah knows best.
Re: Working In A Bank by diyobdw(f): 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
You already sound like you feel it not right to work wit the bank right?!
If you believe Allah SWT is sufficient for you... then dont look at the huge size of your money needs but look at how big Allah's grace can be and follow your heart.

Moreso who says there are no opportunities to make the same amount of cash or more in the other job?
What if you are hire and fire in 3months? or worse you are unhappy with the job?
The smaller job might mean cutting off some material things and sacrificing some luxury but your peace is way more worth it.
Allah Alam

(1) (Reply)

Companions Of Man Inside The Grave! / Mercy Of Allah / The Consequences Of Opposing The Messengers & Its Destructive Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.