Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? (4293 Views)

Hausas And The Honda Brand / The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by LateBloomer: 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
I've noticed that whenever I drive past certain spots in my area, some agbero would yell out "Element!" Once it was a female attendant at a petrol station that did the same thing. At other times, I just get a condescending smirk from people. I never experience this when I drive my other car.

I was wondering if anyone could demystify 'the Element stigma.'
Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by josieboy: 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
LateBloomer:
I've noticed that whenever I drive past certain spots in my area, some agbero would yell out "Element!" Once it was a female attendant at a petrol station that did the same thing. At other times, I just get a condescending smirk from people. I never experience this when I drive my other car.

I was wondering if anyone could demystify 'the Element stigma.'

element na just empty box, it ain;t a car.

4 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by chillex8(m): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Box office grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 04, 2015
D shape is somehw

3 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by eherbal(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2015
It opens funny. It's like a moving St Louis sugar carton

5 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 04, 2015
It's a box with corners sharp enough to tear your clothes and skin.

6 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Homguy(m): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Siena:
It's a box with corners sharp enough to tear your clothes and skin.
grin grin
Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by steffans(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2015
Even Honda themselves dont know why dey did the car...

op, have u ever seen a different shape of an element
maybe any new modification on the exterior
the car was probably designed by one class 4 student...

the car is a no no for me...
Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Even Honda vex, discontinue the car.. Come swear for the person that designed that concept. The person that designed Pt Cruiser will be telling himslf that he has seen somebody he is better than.. Anyway, i think this was because the car was in vogue then and was distinct and also because of that name ELEMENT.
If you are observant, you will also notice that more expensive cars will pass, i dunno about ur area tho, but in my area when a VENZA passes people will pronounce it like they are reciting the bible.
Tis just a Factor of model name and unique shape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Exponental(m): 5:01am On Mar 06, 2015
i personally hate d shape... looks like pry schl days of drawing a car.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by xerotop(m): 5:08am On Mar 06, 2015
Never mind what anybody says about the Element. Its a nice compact suv.it has the capacity to haul and accomodate loggages than u can think of. The only short fall is that it can only sit 4 people.but with more than enuf leg room and space. Infact u can organise a party inside an Element.

I got one unexpectedly january this year. And am so loving it. Its a 4 wheel drive and has a very quiet cabin. I was told by 2 other people who drives it before i got mine,that the car is less prone issues. They dont do repairs all year round except service and minor upgrades.
And it can sit 5 when u put a pillow on the cup holders on the back sit. grin

8 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by lonelydora: 6:37am On Mar 06, 2015
Exponental:
i personally hate d shape... looks like pry schl days of drawing a car.

You took it out of my mouth. The shape is just like what a KG child drew for homework. I hate that car.
Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by LateBloomer: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2015
xerotop:
Never mind what anybody says about the Element. Its a nice compact suv.it has the capacity to haul and accomodate loggages than u can think of. The only short fall is that it can only sit 4 people.but with more than enuf leg room and space. Infact u can organise a party inside an Element.

I got one unexpectedly january this year. And am so loving it. Its a 4 wheel drive and has a very quiet cabin. I was told by 2 other people who drives it before i got mine,that the car is less prone issues. They dont do repairs all year round except service and minor upgrades.

Well thanks xerotop. You couldn't have said it any better. That's pretty much everything I like about the car.

(To the rest)
The shape eh? ... Well I'm going to keep driving it, if only to annoy other motorists.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by 234GT(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
(To the rest)
The shape eh? ... Well I'm going to keep driving it, if only to annoy other motorists. [/quote]

The shape of that car is annoying really.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Can suddenly develop Honda CRV, pilot, MDX legendary 'K' leg or negative camber on the rear wheels.

A friend of mine took me in the vehicle to his parents place, his aged grand mother exclaimed, "so even jeep don dey tuck in shirt and trouser sef?" She was referring to the Orange colour doors, hood, rear hatch and roof over the grey plastic lower body claddings.

Did I hear anyone saying only toyota makes bland interiors, Show me the interior of a Honda ELEMENT I'll show you a high degree of blandness.
Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by HyDef(m): 12:25am On Mar 07, 2015
But I actually like the Element... :|

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by Readonee35L(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2015
You guys talking like the Element is really worse

What About The Pontiac Aztek
I'd take the element over it anytime anyday
What will you say about the person that made this car's design

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by clemz85(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
xerotop:

yea, I made an observation when some one told
me that he hardly see Element in mechanic workshops,
it happened to be true, it couldn't get extinct like
some Cherokees
Re: What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? by clemz85(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Readonee35L:
You guys talking like the Element is really worse

What About The Pontiac Aztek
I'd take the element over it anytime anyday
What will you say about the person that made this car's design

yea, I would slit off half the back with a machete but
the front aero-dynamic designed is bonus against
the Element

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Ban Illegal Car Dealers From Jan. 1, 2009 / Make money weekly on Uber/Bolt Business / Earn 120k A Month, Need A Good Fuel Economy Car, Recommendation Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.