Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Is BTA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is BTA? (20202 Views)

PTA/BTA Issues And Parallel Market Exchange Rate: Way Out / Please What Is Bta ? / How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is BTA? by 2cantango(f): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2006
Could anyone please give me some information about BTA?

My Mum has a friend in Nigeria who is currently applying for a visitor visa to Australia - he has mentioned needing funds for something he calls BTA - I have no idea what this is

Certain things that have been said are causing me some concern - I don't want to see Mum being scammed! sad

Any information that anyone has about this BTA, or if anyone has any experience in travelling to Australia from Nigeria, and can give me any idea as to what is required from immigration, I would be truly grateful.

Thank you. smiley
Re: What Is BTA? by Seun(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2006
Don't send money to Nigeria for any reason. You should be smarter than this. Argh! angry
Re: What Is BTA? by Ugwumba(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2006
BTA - Basic travelling (or is it travellers') allowance: naija banks issue travellers' cheques to cover expenses (hotel, feeding etc.) to an intending traveller - not sure what the max. is now but used to be about $US 2,000. BTA stamp is made on the passport with date, so u cannot get more than the limit.

PS - be careful, read Seun's comments.
Re: What Is BTA? by 2cantango(f): 5:05am On Sep 01, 2006
Seun:

Don't send money to Nigeria for any reason. You should be smarter than this. Argh! angry

Ouch!! shocked embarassed

I have not, nor do I intend to send money to Nigeria. My questions were simply to enable me to better advise my Mum. I know many in here claim to be talking about a friend or whatever when they pose questions to forum members, but the difference here is that I am being honest! Mum is almost 60 years old, I am certainly not in any postion to be telling her what to do, out of respect for her age and the fact that she is my Mum. I just wanted to arm myself with some education about BTA, so that I can then advise her based on fact, not mere assumption.

Ugwumba:

BTA - Basic travelling (or is it travellers') allowance: naija banks issue travellers' cheques to cover expenses (hotel, feeding etc.) to an intending traveller - not sure what the max. is now but used to be about $US 2,000. BTA stamp is made on the passport with date, so u cannot get more than the limit.

PS - be careful, read Seun's comments.

Thank you, Ugwumba.

I'll pass this information to Mum immediately.
Re: What Is BTA? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2006
Seun!!! when it Comes to ma baby girl, U Should learn to be a gentleman Right!?!?!? angry
Re: What Is BTA? by 2cantango(f): 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2006
Rhodalyn:

Seun!!! when it Comes to ma baby girl, U Should learn to be a gentleman Right!?!?!? angry

Bless you baby girl. kiss

(1) (Reply)

24 Persons Cheat Death As Boats Capsize In Lagos / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Delta, 13 Persons Rescued (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.