Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss (1010 Views)

Late Mr. James Ocholi And His Family Were Murdered Says FRSC Boss / Ex-FRSC Boss Buys Off Govt’s 7-day Old N13m Jeep As Scrap, Paying N150,000 / FRSC Boss Osita Chidoka, New Minister Of Aviation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by jookco(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2009
I know we have some influential and Government officials that participate in this online forum that can help petition the Inspector General of Police about this , read.

Lebanese assaults FCT FRSC boss
Produces Police ID as driver’s license, car particulars
By ANDY ELEREWE, Abuja
Monday, January 12, 2009

More Stories on This Section

For the timely intervention of onlookers at a scene of a ghastly motor accident along Wuse/Kado expressway, Abuja, on Sunday the FCT Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr. Nseibong Akpabio (MON) would have been beaten to a stupor by a Lebanese, Mr. Tony Abou Ghazaleh.

It was like an action packed Nollywood film when to the dismay of everyone present, Mr. Ghazaleh who claimed to be a member of PCRC, obviously angered that a road block was mounted at the scene of the accident by the FRSC, bounced heavily on the national award holder, Mr. Nseibong dragging him by his uniform, removed his beret and threatened to sack him and his team members from their jobs after an argument ensued between them.

Trouble started when a team of FRSC members led by the FCT Sector Commander mounted a road block at the scene of a motor accident which occurred at about 10pm involving a BMW that failed its brakes and sped to the other side of the expressway, tumbling severally after hitting and uprooting a street light. No life was lost.

In order to clear-up the remains of the badly damaged car, a road block was mounted. But this was certainly an obstruction and a delay to Gahazaleh who was driving a Peugeot 307 with registration number FH769 ABC (ABUJA). Despite the several sign cautions, the Lebanese only managed to stop after almost running into everyone standing by the road block.

Following the incident, Mr. Nseibong had demanded for Gahazaleh’s driver’s license and his car particulars. But instead of presenting the documents requested for, the Lebanese arrogantly flaunted an NPF harmonized membership I.D card with No. 14565 which he claimed was issued on June 12, 2008 by the Nigerian Police. He boastfully dialed a number from his handset while pacing, bragging and threatening to sack the Sector Commander and his team from their jobs, if they delayed him any further.
However, after about 10 minutes, the already raging Gahazaleh unleashed terror and anger by descending on the FCT sector commander.

He dragging his uniform and removing his beret. He was to start raining blows on him when those gathered intervened. Speaking exclusively with Daily Sun at the scene of the incident, Mr. Nseibong condemned the assault describing it as an aberration and blatant insult on the entire FRSC. He wondered if such could ever happen in Lebanon while also questioning the rationale behind issuing NPF harmonized ID to a foreigner.

Gahazaleh who was yet to calm down told Daily Sun that, “I will make sure I deal with these people. They certainly do not know their jobs. If there is an accident, so what? Is that why they should put road block on this side of the road? This is stupidity! I have told them, if they delay me any further, by not given me my Police ID, I will deal with them ruthlessly.”

Speaking further, he said: I am not ready to answer any further questions from you (referring to Daily Sun reporter). All I need to do is to make some phone calls and all of them including the so called FCT commander would lose their Jobs.” Efforts to reach the Police P.R.O to confirm Gahazaleh’s claims were not fruitful as we could not reach him on his mobile line.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/jan/12/national-12-01-2009-09.htm
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by oludayo20(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2009
see what my beloved country had turn to! lawlessness, what a shame!
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by Muza(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2009
we truly live in a lawless society,
if an okada man did half of this,he would either be cooling his feet in a cell or even worse  angry
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2009
Nigerians, see una life. A useless Lebanese is oppressing you in your own country. I can't even cry for the nation sef.
F!ucking Lebanese. I'd rather have a mexican do that than a F!ucking lebanese. The FRSC guys should have beaten his ass back to lebanon.
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by jamace(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2009
You mean this happened and he is not in a police cell yet? At least, he should have been given immediate discipline before any diplomatic negotiations. Bullshit sad angry
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by asha80(m): 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2009
So nigeria has degenerated to a stage where a foreigner can threaten a nigerian on his own land over his own job?A national awardee for that matter? shocked Chai naija sorry embarassed sad angry
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by jaybee3(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2009
money talks
u can walk da walk & talk da talk in naij
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by Epiphany(m): 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2009
Na so now. I have often thought that the things that Lebanese, Indians, Pakistanis, British, Filipinos etc do in Nigeria are way beyond what we as Nigerians can do in their countries. I dont blame them anyway, i blame the government. If they cannot put some proper policies and laws in place, these people will always find ways to flaunt the weak laws we have.

Imagine a Nigerian mis-behaving in Lebanon or India. You would be shot on the spot - without apologies! In a place like UK or Europe, they may just throw you in jail or deport you.
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by meexteriox(m): 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2009
I read this with mouth opened in disbelief, and wonder what was really happening to us in this country.
I read this with anger filling my heart to the brim and wonder if a Nigerian could do this in Lebanon.
I read this and surprisingly shocked that the fool was even bragging about calling other Nigerians to add salt to the injury.
I really hope he faces the wrath of the law for assaulting a commissioned officer of the country and an MON awardee at that.

Useless kora, a refugee wey wan turn King for anoda man land.
Wonder shall never cease to end in Naija.
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by Godalone(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2009
Lebanese for that matter,Chei ! Nigeria has been sold.
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by SkyBlue1: 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2009
WOW! Shocking as it may be, the person in question is just exhibiting what Nigerians do themselves. He has been "Nigerianised" and learnt that there is no need to respect anybody in Nigeria if you are a "big man". That is the system Nigerians have let thrive and accepted. If we encourage a society with the kind of ills Nigeria has, a society with shows disdain for human life, corruption and collective progress, what do you expect others to do when they are in Nigeria? Its thesame reason why people travel out of the country and respect themselves, they won't litter, they will obey traffic lights, they will stand in line; however once back in Nigeria those things fly out of the window. These things will continue to happen till Nigerians are ready to demand better for themselves. Funny enough after all the noise making and outrage this issue might raise, nothing will be done, the lebanese probably knows the system well. The bed has been made and unless people are willing to UnCloth it and remake it, they should be willing to sleep on it.
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by Muza(m): 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2009
the whole thing pissed me off,but wat even annoyed me more was the FRSC and the on lookers,
i was so annoyed that they ddnt give the guy the beating of his life. angry
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by yarodin: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2009
Muza:

the whole thing pissed me off,but wat even annoyed me more was the FRSC and the on lookers,
i was so annoyed that they ddnt give the guy the beating of his life. angry

Can you blame them? The big man complex thrives very well in Naija, and you know that useless Lebanese knows how things are done. I am very sure the FRSC officials and onlookers would have loved to have thrown a tire doused with petrol on his dumb ass, but nobody wants to be the scape goat when his powerfull Naija peeps comes to his aid.
Re: Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss by cold(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2009
Damn!I kip sayin y cant every Nigerian be lyk me.I wld hav beaten that man to pulp & damn the consequences.True talk; my people are cowards (wit a big C).

(1) (Reply)

Yar Adua The Zombie / RCCG Elders Pray For Yar’adua, Others / Ikedi Ohakim Leadership: A Culture Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.