Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do (1484 Views)

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do !!! / 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by iwezor1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR
MOBILE PHONE COULD DO..
There are a few things that can be done in times of
grave emergencies. . Your mobile phone can
actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for
survival. Check out the things that you can do with
it:
FIRST: Emergency
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is
If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your
mobile; network and there is an emergency,
dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing
network to establish the emergency number for
you, and interestingly this number 112 can be
dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out...
SECOND: Have you locked your keys in the car?
Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may
come in handy someday.
Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your
keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call
someone at home on their mobile phone from your
cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car
door and have the person at your home press the
unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on
their end. Your car will unlock.
Saves someone from having to drive your keys to
you.
Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of
miles away, and if you can reach someone who has
the other ' remote ' for your car, you can unlock the
doors (or the trunk)...
Editor ' s Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it
unlocked our car over a mobile phone! '
THIRD: Hidden Battery Power
Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To
activate, press the keys *3370#
Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the
instrument will show a 50% increase in battery.
This reserve will get charged when you charge your
mobile next time.
FOURTH: How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
To check your Mobile phone ' s serial number, key
in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #
A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This
number is unique to your handset..
Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When
your phone get stolen, you can phone your service
provider and give them this code. They will then be
able to block your handset so even if the thief
changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally
useless.
You probably won ' t get your phone back, but at
least you know that whoever stole it can ' t use/sell
it either. If everybody does this, there would be no
point in people stealing mobile phones.
FIFTH : ATM - PIN Number Reversal - Good to
Know
If you should ever be forced by a robber to
withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can
notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse.
For example, if your pin number is 1234,
then you would put in 4321.
The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is
backwards from the ATM card you placed in the
machine. The machine will still give you the money
you requested, but unknown to the robber, the
police will be immediately dispatched to the
location.
This information was recently broadcast on CTV by
Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because
people just don't know about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by Whizpeter(m): 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Sorry to disappoint you sir...

But I knew all these things before...
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by HrtBrkSteve(m): 11:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice infos, but can those stuffs work in Naija
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by galadima77(m): 12:53am On Mar 06, 2015
Whizpeter:

why didnt you share?

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by AnyibestDede(m): 1:58am On Mar 06, 2015
That no. 5 wont work in 9ja. Nigeria police hardly respond to people who are under attack by rubbers, e come be ATM alarm rubbering alart dem com answer? E no work
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by iwezor1(m): 2:36am On Mar 06, 2015
galadima77:

why didnt you share?
ask him o
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by iwezor1(m): 2:37am On Mar 06, 2015
AnyibestDede:
That no. 5 wont work in 9ja. Nigeria police hardly respond to people who are under attack by rubbers, e come be ATM alarm rubbering alart dem com answer? E no work
that's nigerian police for us sha
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by iwezor1(m): 2:38am On Mar 06, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:
Nice infos, but can those stuffs work in Naija
yh sure buh I doubt only number 5 sha
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by Whizpeter(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2015
galadima77:

why didnt you share?

Well someone already shared this in the past and made frontpage...

Moreover, this information you shared here is readily available in most GSM books...

Imagine emergency number that had been existing since phones were introduced into Nigeria...

Car Unlock that have been in existence since 2010 or so..

That hidden battery power stuff don't even work on phone of nowadays again... It only worked on old Nokia phones of those days.. Talk of 3310, 3330, 1100 and so...

Disabling of stolen phones don dey since... Anybody who doesn't know that, is still in the stone age...

As per ATM, I heard of that one last year in that original thread that made FP, but we all know that such stuffs can't work in Nigeria...

With this Little Kobo of mine, I hope I've been able to convince and not to confuse you that what you posted up there is total rubbish..
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by galadima77(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2015
Whizpeter:

Well someone already shared this in the past and made frontpage...

Moreover, this information you shared here is readily available in most GSM books...

Imagine emergency number that had been existing since phones were introduced into Nigeria...

Car Unlock that have been in existence since 2010 or so..

That hidden battery power stuff don't even work on phone of nowadays again... It only worked on old Nokia phones of those days.. Talk of 3310, 3330, 1100 and so...

Disabling of stolen phones don dey since... Anybody who doesn't know that, is still in the stone age...

As per ATM, I heard of that one last year in that original thread that made FP, but we all know that such stuffs can't work in Nigeria...

With this Little Kobo of mine, I hope I've been able to convince and not to confuse you that what you posted up there is total rubbish..

well after brilliantly responding convincingly to my question, u mess it all up wit d rubbish thing. meanimg u respond to rubbish....na wa for some people.
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by Whizpeter(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2015
galadima77:

well after brilliantly responding convincingly to my question, u mess it all up wit d rubbish thing. meanimg u respond to rubbish....na wa for some people.

Sir... I actually responded cos if nobody tells you, you won't know that what you posted is rubbish...
We all need that someone who would guide us in our different endeavors...
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by galadima77(m): 11:41am On Mar 06, 2015
Whizpeter:

Sir... I actually responded cos if nobody tells you, you won't know that what you posted is rubbish...
We all need that someone who would guide us in our different endeavors...

it wasnt rubbish because no knowledge is a waste... he's not the first to repeat a post on nairaland....
you felt u knew n i assure u many didnt....
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by bharkarh(m): 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
galadima77:

it wasnt rubbish because no knowledge is a waste... he's not the first to repeat a post on nairaland....
someone like me is just getting to know now. Thanks op

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by Whizpeter(m): 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
galadima77:

Okay...
*Case Closed*
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by LydayBobo(m): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Whizpeter:

people like you will call GEJ clueless. A candle does not lose any of its light by lighting another

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by Whizpeter(m): 5:47am On Mar 07, 2015
LydayBobo:
people like you will call GEJ clueless. A candle does not lose any of its light by lighting another

Kk
Re: Things You Never Knew A Phone Could Do by emmydollars4life(m): 6:50am On Mar 07, 2015
galadima77:

why didnt you share?
He want us to clap for him

(1) (Reply)

Official Thread : Custom Roms For Any Android Device / Very Clean Used Samsung Galaxy S5 For Sale / WIN ITEL SMARTPHONES And RECHARGE CARDS IN ‘LIGHT THE it1556 PHONE’ PROMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.