Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! (3923 Views)

What Phone Could I Get With 37k With A Really Good Display And Ram Management / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do. You Need To See N0 7 / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by yakamata(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
So you’ve just bought your fancy new
smartphone and you cannot wait to upload
that selfie that definitely didn’t take 50
attempts to get it right.
But before you jump onto Instagram
hoping that picture of you and your cat will
break the internet (it probably won’t),
maybe you should find out just how smart
your phone actually is.
And guess what? They’re called
smartphones for a reason. Even if you only
plan on using about four apps, you can
actually do some really brilliant things with
your phone and you don’t even need the
latest model.
So you can happily pick up an iPhone 5 or
a Samsung Galaxy 4 from Talkmobile and
still use all of these tips and tricks – lucky
you.
To keep you busy during your lunch break
or on a dull journey home on the tube,
here are 15 really great things you had no
idea your phone could do.
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by yakamata(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
1. Block annoying numbers Regret giving your number out to that bloke you met in the pizza shop on Friday? Wish everyone would stop telling you that you have some PPI to claim? Well, luckily for you, you can simply block them and enjoy those lazy afternoons without someone trying to sell you something. If you’ve got an Android, it depends on which phone you have. For the most part, you can tap the number and press block. If that fails, you can just download apps like ‘Truecaller‘ and ‘Mr. Number‘ and they’ll sort you out nicely. If you’ve got an iPhone, simply go on your recent callers list, press the ‘I’ next to the number and just press ‘block this caller’, easy!
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by yakamata(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
2. Share apps, music and everything with a tap of a phone Too lazy to send someone’s contact details via text? Want to share your favourite song with your BFF? Well, it’s easier than you could ever imagine. If you’ve got an Android you can use the Android Beam! All you have to do is set the NFC (Near Field Communication) under Settings > More Settings (or Settings > Connections on Samsung devices) and then turn the Android Beam on.

1 Like

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by yakamata(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
3. Charge your phone faster You’re going out soon but your phone is about to die and you really can’t be late, so what do you do? Whether you have an iPhone or an Android, simply turn Airplane Mode on and plug that baby in! Your phone charges almost twice as fast in Airplane mode, meaning by the time you’re ready to go out, it’ll be fully charged and you can bombard your Twitter with loads of selfies!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by OKUCHI11(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
hmmm ....air plane mode ..why wont it charge fast when it is flying ...and any thing that flies is fast

4 Likes

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by yakamata(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
4. Make your screen darker There is nothing more annoying than your partner shining a bright phone screen in your face while you’re trying to sleep. In fact, a bright screen before bed actually can ruin your night’s sleep. You’ve tried turning the screen brightness down, but it’s still too bright! All you need to do is download the ‘ Twilight‘ app from the Google Play store and you can not only stop annoying your better half, but you’ll have a better night’s sleep because of it! Sorry iPhone users, your way is pretty long but worth it… Go on your iPhone’s General > Accessibility > Zoom, and toggle Zoom on. Then press Full Screen Zoom and drag the slider all the way down and select the Low Light Filter. Then go back to Accessibility and scroll down to Accessibility Shortcut and press Zoom. Now when you triple tap your home button, your phone will switch from your low light mode to normal brightness!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by 12month: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dat Airplane mode is my favourite..it helps my battery charge faster n save it frm battery sucking whatsapp groups
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Applaner: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
more
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by yahyamay(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
cool
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by kolexepana: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
My phantom5 can do all
So?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by oganology33(m): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
Na now u dey tink abt d remaining ones Abi make we help u complete am

1 Like

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by StealthyMe(m): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
I guess we knew these... undecided
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Qu3sT(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Tnxs 4 the Twilight app. Been looking 4 a way to reduce my phone screen brightness when am Using it at night.
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by ignis: 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Op, u said 15. When has 4 become 15?

3 Likes

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
Op. There's actually an app. That can help you with numbers. If you had the app. You would have known 4 isn't 15.
The app is called mad4maths grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by jaymichael(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
OKUCHI11:
hmmm ....air plane mode ..why wont it charge fast when it is flying ...and any thing that flies is fast
Lol. Even winsh. That is why it's called winshcraft
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by chesterlee(m): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nice one @Op

Oya complete the 14
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
12month:
Dat Airplane mode is my favourite..it helps my battery charge faster n save it frm battery sucking whatsapp groups

Mute the said whatsapp groups (for a year) to stop the "battery sucking" undecided
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by BOWOTO(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
OP mb don finish.

1 Like

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by dimexilux(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
BOWOTO:
OP mb don finish.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by khristals(m): 11:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
undecided that's how people just wake up, create topic, before they actually think of wat to post..
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by ibkgab001: 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
wow thanks i just unblock my mom `s number since 2 years ago... #iphone cheesycheesycheesy:
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by lekjons(m): 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
OKUCHI11:
jaymichael:
Lol. Even winsh. That is why it's called winshcraft
These dudes're crazy, i swear!gringringringrin
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by abiambo(m): 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chaiii derisGodoo
OKUCHI11:
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Adatob(m): 12:31am On Nov 06, 2015
Cul
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Donpuffy(m): 1:13am On Nov 06, 2015
And I would have personally moved ur thread 2 d front page, buh u ruined the opportunity.

Though u still av the chance.. .. ... . complete ur post
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by LMAyedun(m): 2:13am On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks Op
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by CharleyCharley: 3:10am On Nov 06, 2015
kolexepana:
My phantom5 can do all
So?

your china phone you mean undecided

1 Like

Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Misterlaby: 5:30am On Nov 06, 2015
Not a bad write up
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by Frontier2: 5:41am On Nov 06, 2015
yakamata:

2. Share apps, music and everything with
a tap of a phone
Too lazy to send someone’s contact
details via text? Want to share your
favourite song with your BFF? Well, it’s
easier than you could ever imagine. If
you’ve got an Android you can use the
Android Beam! All you have to do is set
the NFC (Near Field Communication)
under Settings > More Not all phones have this but hotknot can do same on MTK phones. Like the one u find on most tecno phones
Settings (or Settings > Connections on
Samsung devices) and then turn
the Android Beam on.
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by kolexepana: 9:58am On Nov 06, 2015
CharleyCharley:

your china phone you mean undecided
Itiz not china nigga..You know nothing
Have you used it?
Re: 15 Brilliant Things You Didn’t Know Your Phone Could Do UPDATED!!! by jkbee(m): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2015
Interesting smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? / The Reasons Why I Think People Are Not Buying Tecno Phantom 5 By Wisdomkosi / Please I'm About To Buy Tecno Camon 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.