Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? (473 Views)

Labour Party Wins Oyo Bye Election To Replace Slain Lawmaker, Gideon Aremu / Obiano Declares APGA Next Opposition Party, Wins In Taraba, Bayelsa / If Buhari, Wins,how Will Amechi, Treat Jonathan And His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2015
Good morning Nairalanders.

It is about 3 weeks to the Presidential election....and while a lot has been said about the candidates' personal issues...existent or non existent...little has been said about their ideas on how to run the country.

If like me,you are worried about what the future would hold.....especially as oil prices have dropped over the last few months.....then I think that we should be asking both political parties about WHAT they intend to do in the face of falling revenues from oil.

If you have any ideas about how we should run our country in the face of the diminished oil pot....this thread is for you. Drop your ideas here.
Should we

1.Spend more....or cut government spending?

2.Remove the fuel subsidy......or keep it?

3.Focus more on Power, rail....and less on other things?

Answers/replies/thoughts welcome.
Re: If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by cyprianlah(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2015
Our opinion wouldn't count, sayin anytin here would be political masturbation ''according to Doyin okupe''

Let's just pray dat God should choose d right leader for us, irrespective of tribe, religion nd jurisdiction
Re: If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by experimentist: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Clamp down on corruption

Massive jobs creation

Steady power supply......... Only this 3 and Nigeria will be great.

1 Like

Re: If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by Eneze1(f): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2015
1. Government should cut their spending especially the politicians and their bogus salaries and allowances, unneccessary numerous aides that do little or nothing at all
2. Keeping the fuel subsidy for now because the partial one that was removed their was little or nothing to show for it (Probably squandered)
3. Industrialization that is the way to go, we should reduce our importation rate which is having an adverse effect on the naira
4. Agriculture - as much as this might not be the way out, it's actually a way to cushion the effect of job loss. This also needs to be embarked on in a large scale i.e mechanization
5. Purging corruption from all sectors of the country to the minimal level

1 Like

Re: If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by sokotoburundi(m): 10:44am On Mar 06, 2015
well who ever wins,
i know 4 sure that one thing is imminent. They go blind and deaf, i actually dont give a hoot abt who wins! Cos all those words of promise actually goes to the birds.
Re: If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by Dahjhi: 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
GIVE US ONLY ONE THING FIRST[size=26pt]LIGHT[/size]This country looks like a pre hell without light ... We want POWER embarassed
Re: If Your Party Wins, How Do You Think They Should Run Nigeria? by Feraz(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Good morning Nairalanders.

It is about 3 weeks to the Presidential election....and while a lot has been said about the candidates' personal issues...existent or non existent...little has been said about their ideas on how to run the country.

If like me,you are worried about what the future would hold.....especially as oil prices have dropped over the last few months.....then I think that we should be asking both political parties about WHAT they intend to do in the face of falling revenues from oil.

If you have any ideas about how we should run our country in the face of the diminished oil pot....this thread is for you. Drop your ideas here.
Should we

1.Spend more....or cut government spending?

2.Remove the fuel subsidy......or keep it?

3.Focus more on Power, rail....and less on other things?

Answers/replies/thoughts welcome.
Education should be invested in... Not just our universities but also our technical schools and colleges of education, research centers should be built also.

Science, Engineering and Technology should be the main focus of the incoming government (not forgetting revolutionized agriculture)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Uduaghan Is Finishing Strong Strong, Commission Roads In Asaba / APC To Drag Patience Jonathan To International Criminal Court / Lekki Robbery: Blame Jonathan, He Took Away Police Officers — Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.