Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? (1062 Views)

The Difference Between Dynamic Ip And Static Ip / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain / What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by RothmasPop: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2015
Various IT inclined people in here call themselves either programmers or web developers,however I barely know the difference btw both,all I know is that they build stuff for internet,Apps,Websites,programs etc

Pls I need a detailed response...thanks
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2015
RothmasPop:
Various IT inclined people in here call themselves either programmers or web developers,however I barely know the difference btw both,all I know is that they build stuff for internet,Apps,Websites,programs etc

Google and wiki will help you.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
RothmasPop:

Dictionary
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
Programming is quiet different from Web development.
I"ll explain later.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by cbrass(m): 1:45am On Mar 07, 2015
@op there is no difference.. a web developer is a programmer that develops web apps or write codes for the web. .it's just like saying what is the difference between a teacher and an English teacher Which is not logical and correct.

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by micodon(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2015
a web developer is a web programmer. no difference. but there's a huge difference between a web designer and a web developer

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by daddynasa: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
RothmasPop:

a programmer can be defined as a person that program while a web developer can be defined as person that can develop a web. kidding. all web developers are programmers but not all programmers are web developers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by bruzrecordz(m): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
hahahaha illiterates...a programmer uses codes to define web pages..for eg html codes to design a page for his website..while web developers are those expert dat use cms or other apps to design websites...simple ryt

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by micodon(m): 6:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
bruzrecordz:
hahahaha illiterates...a programmer uses codes to define web pages..for eg html codes to design a page for his website..while web developers are those expert dat use cms or other apps to design websites...simple ryt

i hope you are kidding

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by Lastdon02(m): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
micodon:

i hope you are kidding

i taya oo

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by mzgboy: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
lolz, some people no go kill me for here ooo.. see different explanations.. hmm #neveragain
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by mzgboy: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lastdon02:

i taya oo
lol dey wan corrupt my ears
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by AJdDon: 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
programmer Actually, is a generic name given to som1 who writes computer programs. A web developer which is subset of programmer, however, is a person that write web-related programs only.
A programmer can specialize in web apps, local apps, device-specific code etc.
I hope dats clear enough!

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by mzgboy: 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
AJdDon:
programmer Actually, is a generic name given to som1 who writes computer programs. A web developer which is subset of programmer, however, is a person that write web-related programs only.
A programmer can specialize in web apps, local apps, device-specific code etc.
I hope dats clear enough!
you are very right.. web developing is just a subset of programming..
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by Lastdon02(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
mzgboy:
lolz, some people no go kill me for here ooo.. see different explanations.. hmm #neveragain

oga Gboy i see u
Re: Please What's The Difference Between A Web Developer And A Programmer? by soldierdollar(m): 12:41am On Mar 15, 2015
Like asking ... What's the difference between an engineer and an electrical engineer

(1) (Reply)

Make Money With Your Facebook Page / Need Reviews Of Smartweb Hosting / Code-lagos: Lagos To Set Up 500 Training Centers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.