Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:23 AM

Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? (703 Views)

Terms,names And Cliches Only Nairalanders Can Relate To / See The Names And States Of Buhari Newly Appointed SSA And DCOS / Names And Various Types Of Salaries!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? by MDelgado(m): 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
I would like to know what you guys think about the names given to us,Is your name working for you or against you? And stereotyping of some names too,some people are quick to pass judgment on some names because of what one figure did,some people believe Solomon and deborah for example gossip a lot many people are not so enlightened as to not make negative connections..I have a friend he had to change his name from Judas to jude because of negative associations because of what Judas did to Jesus in the bible...Does it really matter..? Share your name and tell us what you think of your name..
Re: Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? by Vision4God: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
It matters alot.....
I.e dos with name "patience" go tru lots of trials
Great name like speaks
Re: Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? by jnrbayano(m): 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Do you believe in the bible?
Re: Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? by Qualer: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
it is ignorance and lack of enlightenment. take your friend for intsance- he didn't really change his name - Judas is the roman version of Jude (the praised one) which is hebrew! your name doesn't have fuckall to do with how you fare in life - hardwork + chance makes the difference.
Re: Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? by sinaj(f): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
jux observing

grabs my bible to check d meaning of Sarah.
Re: Names And Effects,can I Get Opinions?? by lesilediez(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
On my own opinion I really feel it does as my name is ngozi trust me when I say things come easy and I am highly favoured.

(1) (Reply)

Young LIB Ladies; Who Would You 'hit'? Jon Ogah Vs Korede Bello / Is There Something Wrong With Nairaland Website? / Britain Woman And Her Nigerian Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.