Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? (1238 Views)

5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Calismart(m): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
We all know that we are sinners.We all have sinned and are still sinning and have come shot of the glory of God.
And God does not behold iniquity.
So as a result of this,our hope lies in the ability of God to forgive us our sins as a forgiving father that He is,so that we may appear pure in his eyes.

But i hear there are some unpardonable sin that God would not forgive.

What are these sins that are unforgivable?

What can a victim of such sin do to be forgiven?

Do you believe there are unforgivable sins?

Are they sins we commit everyday?

Can such sins be commited in this present days?

Are there no remedies at all?

Please air your views and opinion
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
Awaiting responses
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Thomsyne(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
...chilling...
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Sheenor: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
The greatest sin is associating partners with God, worshiping other false godş instead of God almighty.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sheenor:
The greatest sin is associating partners with God, worshiping other false godş instead of God almighty.

Well from the OP's question I don't think that would be the correct answer. Cos God can forgive one for that.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by zyzxx(m): 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
No there is no sin God can not forgive
Oga mi sir
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Juell(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
Matthew 12:31-32
“Therefore I say to you, every sin and
blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the
blasphemy against the Spirit will not be
forgiven men . Anyone who speaks a word
against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come ”
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Sheenor: 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
kinglekan:

Well from the OP's question I don't think that would be the correct answer. Cos God can forgive one for that.

Sure God can forgive one for any of his/her sins, but associating him with another Sorry he can't...
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sheenor:

Sure God can forgive one for any of his/her sins, but associating him with another Sorry he can't...

Sorry can you be more clear. What do u mean by associating him with another?
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Juell:
Matthew 12:31-32
“Therefore I say to you, every sin and
blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the
blasphemy against the Spirit will not be
forgiven men . Anyone who speaks a word
against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come ”

Absolutely the Correct answer.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by PrettyAngel22(f): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
This topic is really interesting.i hope to learn something here.

BACK TO THE MATTER:I think there is something like that.

When Jesus cast out demon from a man,the people said He did it with the power of belzubub,the ruler of demons.
So they meant Jesus had a bigger demon working in Him.

Then Jesus said "Therefore i say to you,every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men but the blashemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men"MATTHEW 12 VS 31.

So,the sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

But my questions still remains "HOW CAN ONE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT?"
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
PrettyAngel22:

But my questions still remains "HOW CAN ONE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT?"

Now this is the real Big question.

I think one of the closest examples to answer this question would be found in the story of Ananias and Sapphira.

Acts 5:1-11 King James Version (KJV)

1.But a certain man named
Ananias, with Sapphira his wife,
sold a possession,

2.And kept back part of the price,
his wife also being privy to it, and
brought a certain part, and laid it at
the apostles' feet.

3.But Peter said, Ananias, why hath
Satan filled thine heart to lie to the
Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of
the price of the land?

4.Whiles it remained, was it not
thine own? and after it was sold,
was it not in thine own power? why
hast thou conceived this thing in
thine heart? thou hast not lied unto
men, but unto God.

5.And Ananias hearing these words
fell down, and gave up the ghost:
and great fear came on all them
that heard these things.

6.And the young men arose, wound
him up, and carried him out, and
buried him.

7.And it was about the space of
three hours after, when his wife, not
knowing what was done, came in.

8.And Peter answered unto her, Tell
me whether ye sold the land for so
much? And she said, Yea, for so
much.

9.Then Peter said unto her, How is it
that ye have agreed together to
tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold,
the feet of them which have buried
thy husband are at the door, and
shall carry thee out.

10.Then fell she down straightway
at his feet, and yielded up the
ghost: and the young men came in,
and found her dead, and, carrying
her forth, buried her by her
husband.

11.And great fear came upon all the
church, and upon as many as heard
these things.

When we take a closer look at verse 3 we get the an idea of what was really wrong.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath
the price of the land?
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Sheenor: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
kinglekan:

Sorry can you be more clear. What do u mean by associating him with another?

The deification or worship of anyone or anything other than the singular God i.e. Yaweh. Literally, it means the establishment of "partners" placed beside God. Like what the Pagans, Buddha, Hindus e.t.c normally do.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sheenor:

The deification or worship of anyone or anything other than the singular God i.e. Yaweh. Literally, it means the establishment of "partners" placed beside God. Like what the Pagans, Buddha, Hindus e.t.c normally do.

Well if that's the case then are you saying those who worship idols nd other gods cannot be forgiven?

I agree quite well that idol worshipping is a sin and God despises such. But its still a sin that can be forgiven by God afterall the isrealites worshiped idols when moses went up to seek the face of God.

Plus there are millions around the world who haven't heard the gospel yet but are worshipping idols. Following your definition would mean they have no hope.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Sheenor: 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
kinglekan:

Well if that's the case then are you saying those who worship idols nd other gods cannot be forgiven?

I agree quite well that idol worshipping is a sin and God despises such. But its still a sin that can be forgiven by God afterall the isrealites worshiped idols when moses went up to seek the face of God.

Plus there are millions around the world who haven't heard the gospel yet but are worshipping idols. Following your definition would mean they have no hope.

Well, they have hope and can be forgiven if and only if the desist from their evil doing and idol worshiping. That's if they worship one true and only God and never turn back to their former ways, if they die worshiping idols and they know about the Gospel before their death, they can't be forgiven. Tho, God knows best.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by kinglekan: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sheenor:

Well, they have hope and can be forgiven if and only if the desist from their evil doing and idol worshiping. That's if they worship one true and only God and never turn back to their former ways, if they die worshiping idols and they know about the Gospel before their death, they can't be forgiven. Tho, God knows best.

We are still sayin the same thing bro.

And u just confirmed that it can be forgiven which rules that out of the OP's question.

Plus we all know that anyone who rejects salvation is condemned if they die that way.
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by PrettyAngel22(f): 6:17am On Mar 07, 2015
I think one of the ways we can sin against the spirit is this:A FAKE PASTOR SAYING THAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD TOLD HIM THIS AND THAT,WHILE HE MAY NOT KNOW WHO THE HOLY SPIRIT IS
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Calismart(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
No there is no sin God can not forgive
Oga mi sir
Oga mi,happy sunday.
What about matthew 18vs31?
Re: Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? by Calismart(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
kinglekan:

Now this is the real Big question.

I think one of the closest examples to answer this question would be found in the story of Ananias and Sapphira.

Acts 5:1-11 King James Version (KJV)

1.But a certain man named
Ananias, with Sapphira his wife,
sold a possession,

2.And kept back part of the price,
his wife also being privy to it, and
brought a certain part, and laid it at
the apostles' feet.

3.But Peter said, Ananias, why hath
the price of the land?

4.Whiles it remained, was it not
thine own? and after it was sold,
was it not in thine own power? why
hast thou conceived this thing in
thine heart? thou hast not lied unto
men, but unto God.

5.And Ananias hearing these words
fell down, and gave up the ghost:
and great fear came on all them
that heard these things.

6.And the young men arose, wound
him up, and carried him out, and
buried him.

7.And it was about the space of
three hours after, when his wife, not
knowing what was done, came in.

8.And Peter answered unto her, Tell
me whether ye sold the land for so
much? And she said, Yea, for so
much.

9.Then Peter said unto her, How is it
that ye have agreed together to
tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold,
the feet of them which have buried
thy husband are at the door, and
shall carry thee out.

10.Then fell she down straightway
at his feet, and yielded up the
ghost: and the young men came in,
and found her dead, and, carrying
her forth, buried her by her
husband.

11.And great fear came upon all the
church, and upon as many as heard
these things.

When we take a closer look at verse 3 we get the an idea of what was really wrong.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath
the price of the land?

I see.thanks bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Support Your Muslim Friend During Ramadan / Adeboye To RCCG Pastors: Double Attendance Or Get Sacked / See What TB Joshua Did In ISRAEL...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.