Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President (13223 Views)

Stella Oduah Elected President Of ECOWAS Female Parliamentarians / Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by oneda(m): 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please Nairalanders, this question had generated a lot of contention between me and some colleagues. A question was asked thus

Who was the first Democratically elected president of Nigeria?

A. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
B. Dr Goodluck Jonathan
C. Chief Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe

Please help me. I know that Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe was Nigeria's first President but was he democratically elected?
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by ozoigbondu: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Is shagari.Azikwe was not elected rather he was appointed by the parliament
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by Boss13: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Shagari
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by tit(f): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
oneda:
Please Nairalanders, this question had generated a lot of contention between me and some colleagues. A question was asked thus

B. Dr Goodluck Jonathan

Please help me. I know that Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe was Nigeria's first President but was he democratically elected?

this guy is apc,
the correct answer is not a choice.
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Shagari, d guy buhari gave house arrest for heading a corrupt government after he hijacked power and destroyed democracy in 1983
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by tit(f): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:

this guy is apc.
they ask him 1 or 2 or 3;
he say 4.
where you get 4 from come?
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by Boss13: 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Shagari, d guy buhari gave house arrest for heading a corrupt government after he hijacked power and destroyed democracy in 1983

Actually the coup was spearheaded by Babaginda and Buhari was selected to head the Supreme Military Council. Buhari also played a major role in the coup. Whether Buhari refused or not, the military was going to topple that government because of wide-spread corruption, confusion and violence.
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by ozoigbondu: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
tit:

this guy is apc.
they ask him 1 or 2 or 3;
he say 4.
where you get 4 from come?
The correct answer was not in his options so it is logical to provide the correct onr
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
Boss13:

Actually the coup was spearheaded by Babaginda and Buhari was selected to head the Supreme Military Council. Buhari also played a major role in the coup. Whether Buhari refused or not, the military was going to topple that government because of wide-spread corruption, confusion and violence.

Ode army man would risk his life to stage a coup and hand over power to you!!! Akuko uwa
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
None of the above, shehu shagari is the person.
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by Boss13: 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ode army man would risk his life to stage a coup and hand over power to you!!! Akuko uwa

First and foremost do you know how a coup is being staged and how old are you?

I stand to be corrected Babaginda masterminded the January 01 1984 coup and various military officers played their part. Buhari had scores to settle with Umaru Dikko (transportation minister) the brother-in-law to Shagari for authorising unknown persons to monitor his movement after he ignored presidential orders to retreat from chasing the chadians rebels.

Now, these same politicised military officers were holding office during the Obasanjo/Yaradua regime and they were hungry for more. The chief coup plotters/master minds in this country are Babaginda, Abacha, Nyako, David West (Senate President) but I will zero down Babaginda and Abacha - as they would rightly say - they have always been involved in every successful coup staged in this country and Abacha was also notorious for disarming coup plotters. A brief history for you incase you don't know, have forgotten or was just given birth to yesterday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by stigman(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
U n o no? Na me na
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by oneda(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
These men have turned this thread to newspaper stand angry angry

Soon you will be hearing sai Buhari

It is either A, B or C no option Do please
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by agileson: 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Zik was elected i think in 1964 elections. And how do you forget shagari in your options
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by millhouse: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
correct

ozoigbondu:
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by emeraldlife: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2015
oneda:

B. Dr Goodluck Jonathan

@OP u sef wan win tummy-tummy prize in their "who want to be a millionaire" promo?
Re: Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President by oneda(m): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
emeraldlife:

@OP u sef wan win tummy-tummy prize in their "who want to be a millionaire" promo?

before nko

I no follow for their customers?

(1) (Reply)

My Father Made Love To My Wife —gbenga Obasanjo / My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! / 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.