Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Help Prevent A Fellow Nigerian From Being Scammed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Prevent A Fellow Nigerian From Being Scammed (520 Views)

Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed / How I Was Scammed Through Admission Runz. (learn From My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Prevent A Fellow Nigerian From Being Scammed by hayzed14(m): 8:20am On Mar 07, 2015
Am a secondary school graduate, I finished two years ago and since I finished I av been trying to get admission but to no avail,so my father and I decided to look abroad for admission.During my research,I got to know about "RACUS" (representing Russian
state universities abroad and enrolling international
citizens for studies) so I went to the website and I was directed to their representative here in port harcout.
The representative and I have undergone the first phase, in which I paid $200,luckily I av received an admission letter which looks a little bit authentic which confirms that I av been admitted to study civil engineering at federal university of north Caucasus Stavropol, Russia.
We are about entering the second phase where I will be paying the sum of $5460 dollar equivalent to #1.1 million naira for tution and other expenses.
My fear is that I don't want to lead my father into the hands of some sophisticated scam organization,it will be unbearable considering his age and the struggling and hustling his facing to give me financial support
please and please I need advice,HELP.

1 Like

Re: Help Prevent A Fellow Nigerian From Being Scammed by kelvine(m): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2015
For me I schooled in Nigeria all through so I can't be sure I have a perfect answer. Students schooling in France,Russia etc please you may now comment.
Young man,while you are waiting for advice please do your research on the said representative. Go to the office of this ''representative'' ask people around to tell you how genuine their dealings have been with the public (someone will tell you something interesting in the neighborhood). Search out the school's official website to confirm the authenticity of your admission letter. In fact post the website here for us to help double check. It is too risky to keep paying when you are in doubt, I smell fraud but I may be wrong.
I wish this topic can make front page but the mods decide that.
Re: Help Prevent A Fellow Nigerian From Being Scammed by hayzed14(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2015
thanks for your advice I will do as you say.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion On Todays Jamb / This Might Be The Reason / Website Development Training Class In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.