Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1107748 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Tolullopsy:
I will advise anybody that is yet to upgrade his/her phone not to bother themselves. The so called lollipop upgrade is bullshit.The only plus in the rom is the User Interface.Every other thing is crap.

The sound quality is very bad, all music players produces bad sounds

Applications are not running smoothly on it

xposed installer is misbehaving

Antutu Benchmark is not working

network is fluctuating on the phone

poor ram management

The phone does not recognize the memory card

It automatically writes on the phone storage even after setting the memory card as the default memory

All games with external data on the memory card no longer run again

All applications automatically installs on the phone storage and no way to move them to the memory card even with root

Getting Titanium back-up to work on the phone is fire

It takes longer time for the battery to charge and drains quickly

The Bugs on the lollipop rom are just to many.Its very frustrating,The above are just a tip of the iceberg out of the whole bug in the rom
I want to downgrade to my backed-up kit kat,but its not even working out because the phone got bricked in the process.

If you are yet to upgrade, just stay where you are so that you wont regret just like me.

the 730 unskinned lollipop version is quite stable...dats wah am using currently.. the sd card ish is present on it tho. .however you can direct this post to infinix mobility forum for them to rectify the bugs on the upcoming version..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by WayneRaus: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
Tolullopsy:
I will advise anybody that is yet to upgrade his/her phone not to bother themselves. The so called lollipop upgrade is bullshit.The only plus in the rom is the User Interface.Every other thing is crap.

The sound quality is very bad, all music players produces bad sounds

Applications are not running smoothly on it

xposed installer is misbehaving

Antutu Benchmark is not working

network is fluctuating on the phone

poor ram management

The phone does not recognize the memory card

It automatically writes on the phone storage even after setting the memory card as the default memory

All games with external data on the memory card no longer run again

All applications automatically installs on the phone storage and no way to move them to the memory card even with root

Getting Titanium back-up to work on the phone is fire

It takes longer time for the battery to charge and drains quickly

The Bugs on the lollipop rom are just to many.Its very frustrating,The above are just a tip of the iceberg out of the whole bug in the rom
I want to downgrade to my backed-up kit kat,but its not even working out because the phone got bricked in the process.

If you are yet to upgrade, just stay where you are so that you wont regret just like me.
funny how u the only one with this problems tongue
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by chigozie391(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
missylizzy:
How do I go about that?
whatsapp me 08163047983
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by chigozie391(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
tunex4christ:

Did u insert the obb into Android>>obb... And is it named properly..

The game obb folder should be > jp.co.sega.vtc
While the obb itself is > main.5.jp.co.sega.vtc.obb

Let me know if it works..
pls gimme download link
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Chyjoey:
the 730 unskinned lollipop version is quite stable...dats wah am using currently.. the sd card ish is present on it tho. .however you can direct this post to infinix mobility forum for them to rectify the bugs on the upcoming version..

Please have you been able to root the 0730 lollipop rom, if yes please how did you do it?...Thanks
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by missylizzy(f): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Same too cry
Chyjoey:
Mtk droid tools cant detect my phone after i flasged lollipop...any way to fix this??..cos i wanna make an mtk backup of the current state ahead of the 911 version...i have both vcom and pdanet drivers installed oo cry
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by princeuk21(m): 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
can one update infinix hot note to lollipop via the phone after changing the imie number without any problem??
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by webwheez: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
angry angry pls who has done recovery.img on his hot note with 2gb ram+16rom
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by pazzys(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
Weirdman:
ah don't think there's a way to unroot all you have to do is flash a new rom via sp flash tools
u mean i should reflash the lollipop rom?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by BluePearls(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
missylizzy:
Yes I did root

Seriously?? I asked because ive not been able to root since i upgraded. What method did you use? You should try another proxy app or vpn.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
alancash01:

Please have you been able to root the 0730 lollipop rom, if yes please how did you do it?...Thanks
flashed philz touch recovery via sp flash tool..then flashed super su via recovery..voila ure rooted...check infinix mobility forum for full steps
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
princeuk21:
can one update infinix hot note to lollipop via the phone after changing the imie number without any problem??
just revert to ur former imei before upgrading.... winder why pipol still tweak imei tho undecided
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
Chyjoey:
flashed philz touch recovery via sp flash tool..then flashed super su via recovery..voila ure rooted...check infinix mobility forum for full steps

Yeah...I did that on 0813 and 0828 but didnt work on the 0730...Thanks for your response anyways.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Emmydrizzy(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2015
someone help...water entered my phone and now it just keeps restarting itself....i have been drying it since yesterday night up rill this moment..d only time it started it will just show preparing apps and shut down again....am on d xui lollipop...ihot note 1gig/16gig
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by DharmeeTee: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
Emmydrizzy:
someone help...water entered my phone and now it just keeps restarting itself....i have been drying it since yesterday night up rill this moment..d only time it started it will just show preparing apps and shut down again....am on d xui lollipop...ihot note 1gig/16gig

Try putting your phone in a bag of raw uncooked rice

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Emmydrizzy(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
DharmeeTee:

Try putting your phone in a bag of raw uncooked rice

ok...for hw long pls
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by DharmeeTee: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
Emmydrizzy:

ok...for hw long pls

Try leaving it overnight and resist the temptation to power it back on. N.B If possible, unscrew the phone and remove the battery
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
alancash01:

Yeah...I did that on 0813 and 0828 but didnt work on the 0730...Thanks for your response anyways.
Am using the 730 version and it worked..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by webwheez: 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
>angry angry pls who has done recovery.img on his hot note with 2gb ram+16rom
?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Emmydrizzy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
DharmeeTee:

Try leaving it overnight and resist the temptation to power it back on. N.B If possible, unscrew the phone and remove the battery

ok..but i no fit try am oo..i dey fear to unscrew d phone...i go just leave am till tomorrow morning
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Prescott001(m): 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Emmydrizzy:

ok...for hw long pls
are u actually gonna do that. If Yes... I pity ur phone... Pls dear..... Just keep drying it under the sun... And make sure you unscrew the battery b4 drying it up... Dry it up for like 2/3 days without switching it on.. Pls... Once u have done that... I believe it should work... If it doesn't visit the phone repairer
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Emmydrizzy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Prescott001:
are u actually gonna do that. If Yes... I pity ur phone... Pls dear..... Just keep drying it under the sun... And make sure you unscrew the battery b4 drying it up... Dry it up for like 2/3 days without switching it on.. Pls... Once u have done that... I believe it should work... If it doesn't visit the phone repairer

i cant unscrew d battery oooo...i dey fear
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Shakiratemma(f): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pls oooooo.. .. I jst got my hot note n I saw superuser on it... Pls does dat mean my gone is rooted n I tried 2 upgrade to 4.4.2 frm 4.4.1 and d gone went blank 4 some seconds n came back on wth the android logo saying upgrading.. . Al of a sudden na dead android logo I dey see wth d msg "Error!" I beg wetin cause am? Hope no be dat superuser? If so I beg ao I fit unroot/install am?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shakiratemma:
Pls oooooo.. .. I jst got my hot note n I saw superuser on it... Pls does dat mean my gone is rooted n I tried 2 upgrade to 4.4.2 frm 4.4.1 and d gone went blank 4 some seconds n came back on wth the android logo saying upgrading.. . Al of a sudden na dead android logo I dey see wth d msg "Error!" I beg wetin cause am? Hope no be dat superuser? If so I beg ao I fit unroot/install am?
Is the phone new??..if its second hand ders a possibility its been rooted alredy..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Shakiratemma(f): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chyjoey:
Is the phone new??..if its second hand ders a possibility its been rooted alredy..
Na second hand... Pls ao do i uproot it?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shakiratemma:

Na second hand... Pls ao do i uproot it?
enter the super user app..go to settings..scroll down and click on the permanent unroot option
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Emmydrizzy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
abeg gurus between tecno canon c8,ihot note pro and ihot 2...which one beta pass
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Shakiratemma(f): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chyjoey:
enter the super user app..go to settings..scroll down and click on the permanent unroot option
Tanks... Wil try dat nau
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Baadal(m): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Emmydrizzy:
abeg gurus between tecno canon c8,ihot note pro and ihot 2...which one beta pass
hot note pro still the leader for now....but i think you should watch out for Injoo fire plus very good specs as well
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Shakiratemma(f): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shakiratemma:

Tanks... Wil try dat nau
Bruh ... d tin no get dat option oooooo... . Na wetin dey d settings be dis

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
Shakiratemma:

Bruh ... d tin no get dat option oooooo... . Na wetin dey d settings be dis
see the unroot option there naw...musnt necessarily be permanent unroot..just click the unroot button..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Shakiratemma(f): 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chyjoey:
see the unroot option there naw...musnt necessarily be permanent unroot..just click the unroot button..
Dat doesn't unroot it oooooo... If I press am, him go ask whether I won download "supercleaner" ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.