Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

What id the difference between a business name and a limited company? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What id the difference between a business name and a limited company? (8383 Views)

The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Difference Between A Business Name And Limited Company (cac-wise) / Registering A Private Limited Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What id the difference between a business name and a limited company? by rocame: 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2009
Hello There !
Please what is the difference between just a business name and a private limited liability company.
I intend registering my business with two partners as a private limited liability but i feel a business name might just be enough!

Thanks!
Re: What id the difference between a business name and a limited company? by lawyer(m): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2009
I Thought i have answered your question in an earlier post in the company registration thread before and explained the difference and cost between a business name and a Limited company especially the advantages and disadvantages of two of them? undecided

Anyway, i depends on the type of business you want to do and secondly if 2 of you Want to run a business together, i have to know what exactly you intend to do because it is vary rare to see 2 or more people registering a business name because it is meant for only one person in most situations. Limited company registration are made for 2 or more people!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: What id the difference between a business name and a limited company? by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2012
If you operate under a business name and you go broke then your creditors can claim your personal assets. If you operate under a company, and go broke your personal assets are (generally) safe and only the assets of the company are at risk.

read: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2012/09/how-i-registered-business-name-with-cac.html for more info

(1) (Reply)

Petrol Sells For Above N100 Per Liter In Us/uk / Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request / Customers To Provide National Identity Number At Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.