Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Ask Me Anything - Dating And Meet-up Zone (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Ask Me Anything (6393 Views)

White European Guest Here. Feel Free To Ask Me Anything. / I Lost My Kidney Ask Me How? / Meet Me - Ask Me Any Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2015
CHoccolaTE:

Why do you feel that way? Are you having issues you want to talk about?
I'll be glad to offer help and advice.
I was going to unfollow this thread but that your comment brought me back.

Sorry for not responding on time. Yeah I have issues but I won't want to reveal all of it online though from my statements here one could make an informed guess.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 4:46pm On May 16, 2015
Babe2sure:

Are you an optimist(half- full) or a pessimist(half- empty)?

I'm an optimist.
Re: Ask Me Anything by kinghenrychuks(m): 5:12pm On May 16, 2015
ask me anything ladies
Re: Ask Me Anything by Babe2sure(f): 8:11pm On May 16, 2015
UyiIredia:

I'm an optimist.

People with phlegmatic temperament are considered pessimistic. How do you reconcile that?
Re: Ask Me Anything by kelvyn7: 11:38am On May 17, 2015
I shd ask u any question abi? undecided
when exactly did u fall asleep yesterday
Re: Ask Me Anything by claremont(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2015
@op: I am actually surprised to know that you are a Christian. I remember having a few interesting debates with you a while back about the concept of Atheism.

My own questions;

1. What evidence made you embrace the Christian faith?

2. What improvements in your life can you really say is completely due to your belief in the existence of a God?

3. What made you schizophrenic, and how is schizophrenia differentially diagnosed in Nigeria at the expense of the more prevalent Depression and PTSD?

4. Have you thought about a career in academic research overseas?

Cheers.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 7:41pm On May 18, 2015
claremont:
@op: I am actually surprised to know that you are a Christian. I remember having a few interesting debates with you a while back about the concept of Atheism.

My own questions;

1. What evidence made you embrace the Christian faith?

2. What improvements in your life can you really say is completely due to your belief in the existence of a God?

3. What made you schizophrenic, and how is schizophrenia differentially diagnosed in Nigeria at the expense of the more prevalent Depression and PTSD?

4. Have you thought about a career in academic research overseas?

Cheers.

1) It seemed good to me as a child and I accepted it. I dabbled into deism for a while then something strange happened which drove me back to Christianity. I'm still young and learning so who knows whether I'd remain a Christian.

2) None, though I've benefited a lot from church. For example, they helped in my parents burial and offered help with foodstuffs while my Dad was sick.

3) The psychiatrists think it's latent grief of my mum's death and my Dad's stroke along with academic pressures that caused it. OTOH I think it had to do with the lots of philosphical stuff I read. After encountering atheism I began to read a lot of material on religion, mysticism and philssophy I think when I devoted undue attention to it to the extent it affected was when I slipped into it.

Schizophrenia is diagnosed by the behaviour of the person. Unrealistic thoughts is a vital ground for diagnosing it whereas depression or PTSD don't breed such, they result in undue sorrow, trauma and that sort.

4) No, why do you ask ?
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On May 18, 2015
Babe2sure:

People with phlegmatic temperament are considered pessimistic. How do you reconcile that?

Nah. That applies to melancholic persons who can get moody or depressed.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2015
kelvyn7:
I shd ask u any question abi? undecided

when exactly did u fall asleep yesterday

Nobody knows when they fall sleep. But I went to bed around 5 am on Friday which was the day before when you asked this.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything by kelvyn7: 7:50pm On May 18, 2015
UyiIredia:

Nobody knows when they fall sleep. But I went to bed around 5 am on Friday which was the day before when you asked this.

grin

now u know u can't answer every question
Re: Ask Me Anything by claremont(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2015
UyiIredia:

4) No, why do you ask ?

I just thought a phlegmatic individual with an insatiable thirst for knowledge like yourself is best suited to an academic environment. I'm a phleg-mel myself, and even though I have dabbled into a lot of things career-wise, the lure of research and discovery is something I struggle everyday to push away.
Re: Ask Me Anything by Babe2sure(f): 8:21pm On May 18, 2015
UyiIredia:

Nah. That applies to melancholic persons who can get moody or depressed.

Both are introverts and they both share the pessimistic trait.

Don't forget phlegmatics are "worry-wart" in nature. So they are pessimistic too but not as much as the melancholy temperament.

Alright, probably your secondary temperament is one of the other two, which are optimists. It will balance it up.
Re: Ask Me Anything by yinkeys(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
@uyiiredia whats the name of the primary school you attended?
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
yinkeys:
@uyiiredia whats the name of the primary school you attended?

Carol school.
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Just popped in to say hi. smiley
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
musKeeto:
Just popped in to say hi. smiley
Muskeeto is still alive? shocked Thought you deactivated this account and left nairaland long long ago. angry
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
FriedPlantain:
shocked shocked shocked shocked[b]Muskeeto is still alive? shocked Thought you deactivated this account and left nairaland long long ago. angry[/b]
hehee cheesy

Went to amanfrommars, sonoflucifer.. back to muskeeto. wink
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
musKeeto:

hehee cheesy

Went to amanfrommars, sonoflucifer.. back to muskeeto. wink
I know but it has still been a while I came across your posts. Are you still in India?
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I know but it has still been a while I came across your posts. Are you still in India?
Yeah, got a job here. Hoping to be back in Nigeria at the end of the year.
Re: Ask Me Anything by yinkeys(m): 2:20am On Aug 20, 2015
UyiIredia:

Carol school.
Guy, we went to the same school. Remember the bell boy/time keeper of our set. Well that's me. How is everything @ your end Iredia. I still have this name stuck in my head because you scored the highest in the national common entrance exam we took way back.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2015
yinkeys:
Guy, we went to the same school. Remember the bell boy/time keeper of our set. Well that's me. How is everything @ your end Iredia. I still have this name stuck in my head because you scored the highest in the national common entrance exam we took way back.

smiley Life. Nice seeing you after all these years, Yinka. I'll PM you.
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
Uyi, we suppose meet someday. Hope that will be fine. grin
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2015
musKeeto:
Uyi, we suppose meet someday. Hope that will be fine. grin

Ready whenever you are.
Re: Ask Me Anything by yinkeys(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
UyiIredia:

smiley Life. Nice seeing you after all these years, Yinka. I'll PM you.
hope your doing good
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
yinkeys:
hope your doing good

yeah smiley Funny thing is Aug 21 is my late mum's birthday.
Re: Ask Me Anything by yinkeys(m): 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
UyiIredia:

Ehya, take heart bro. I sent this message ages ago though
Re: Ask Me Anything by yinkeys(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2015
UyiIredia:

I'm wondering how you guys got to know about this site really early. I've being consistently using & interacting on NL since 2013. I wish I joined around 2009 or 2010 like you guys, you can't imagine how much I've gained on here.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
yinkeys:

I'm wondering how you guys got to know about this site really early. I've being consistently using & interacting on NL since 2013. I wish I joined around 2009 or 2010 like you guys, you can't imagine how much I've gained on here.

I came across it during my first year in CU.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredia(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
claremont:

I just thought a phlegmatic individual with an insatiable thirst for knowledge like yourself is best suited to an academic environment. I'm a phleg-mel myself, and even though I have dabbled into a lot of things career-wise, the lure of research and discovery is something I struggle everyday to push away.

I have the same lure too but always ignored it to invest my mental talents in my country of birth.
Re: Ask Me Anything by UyiIredi(m): 5:53am On Jul 16, 2017
UyiIredia:

1) Comp. Eng. (but I dropped out just b4 400lvl_high fees)

2) Christianity

3) I'm unemployed.

#Early morning blues.

I'm still unemployed, and honestly, the initial gra-gra to fimd work before my Dad's died has cooled down though I'm not doing nothing as it were. I never was. However, I just want to take it easy and literally manage the property my parents left us. Well managed it can comfortably fend for us. Reason: during psychosis it is easy to defraud a person.

Now on the second answer, I was hesitant to answer this but 1) was sure in my faith and 2) wanted to watch. Now is the context which anyone smart enough should have known.

I have what I now know to be schizophrenia with bipolar disorder and there are posts I wrote in that state to that effect.

My first mental breakdown started in March 2011 while in CU. As at 2011 I never "strongly" identified as a deist, I was a Christian. My mental breakdown had everything to do with atheism and subsequent sociophilosophical questions in my mind. From here on, I'll make things brief with pointers.

* In every case of a breakdown TILL DATE I wrote down my thoughts in a book, sometimes online. I statyed writing poetry at that time. My NL records on my other profile confrims this.

* My reconversion to religion happened when I was in a psychotic state (always) I had to come out of it before my deism kicked back in.

* Unless, I check my diaries and every damn thing I wrote I can be certain of the dates but I am sure between 2013 and 2016 I had 'reconversions' to Christianity.

* In those 'reconversions' the ideas I got over the past 8 years given atheism. For instance, the prayer seemed repetitive, displays of the 'power of the Holy Spirit' did not really move me and I didn't have a Holy Spirit I related with as I did as a Christian esp. when I was into it in my early teens.

This thing is long term and I had it all along.

. . . to be continued . . .
Re: Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 29, 2018
dd
Re: Ask Me Anything by 4kings: 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
KOPT33:
dd
is that a question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Girls Only / I Wanna Make New Nairaland Friends / I Need A Serious Guy For Fork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.