Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. (1049 Views)

Captain Yari Emmanuel Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists (Photos) / Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Lagosboy: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2009
The United Nations says it has received reports that about 30 Palestinians were killed when Israeli forces shelled a house after they had moved about 110 civilians inside it.

"According to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitun, warning them to stay indoors," the UN report said on Friday.

"Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30."

The incident took place on Monday in the Zeitun neighbourhood of Gaza City on Monday, the report said.

The UN Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) called it "one of the gravest incidents since the beginning of operations" by Israeli forces in Gaza on December 27.

"Those who survived and were able walked two kilometres to Salah Ed Din road before being transported to hospital in civilian vehicles," OCHA said.

"Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital."

The Israeli military said on Friday that it had no knowledge of the incident.

Wounded wait

The Israeli B'Tselem human rights group quoted Meysa Fawzi al Samouni, a 19-year-old resident, as saying that soldiers forced her and dozens of others to move into the warehouse-like home of another resident before the attack.

"As far as I know, the dead and wounded who were under the ruins are still there," B'Tselem quoted her as saying.

"There was no water, no bread, nothing to eat"

Ibrahim Samouni,
13-year-old survivor of shelling

Ibrahim Samouni, a 13-year-old boy who was wounded in the leg and chest, told the Reuters news agency that he kept his three younger brothers alive and tried to help the injured adults lying among the dead after his mother was killed in the incident.

"There was no water, no bread, nothing to eat," he said.

"Abu Salah died, his wife died. Abu Tawfiq died, his son died, his wife also died. Mohammed Ibrahim died, and his mother died. Ishaq died and Nasar died. The wife of Nael Samouni died. Many people died."

Emergency workers from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Palestinian Red Crescent said they were not able to reach the wounded for four days because Israel would not allow them safe passage.

They said the children were starving when rescuers finally reached them after the "unacceptable" delay.

"They were too weak to stand up on their own. One man was also found alive, too weak to stand up. In all, there were at least 12 corpses lying on mattresses," the ICRC said.

Civilian casualties

Pierre Wettach, the ICRC chief for Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories, said: "The Israeli military must have been aware of the situation but did not assist the wounded.

"Neither did they make it possible for us or the Palestinian Red Crescent to assist the wounded."

Israel has repreatedly insisted it has tried to avert civilian casualties during its two-week aerial and ground assault on the territory.

"From initial checking, we don't have knowledge of this incident. We started an inquiry but we still don't know about it," Avital Leibovich, an Israeli military spokeswoman, said about the reported shelling incident.

More than 780 people, including at least 257 children and 56 women, have been killed during Israel's aerial bombardment and ground offensive, the UN has said

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/01/200919135323309745.html
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2009
isreali PM and co. should be charged for war crimes and crimes against humanity. shocked
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Lagosboy: 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

isreali PM and co. should be charged for war crimes and crimes against humanity. shocked

Very true my guy. Even the UN has called for investigation into the extreme war crimes Israel is commiting in Gaza. Are these people Hamas as well? Those terrorists have achived no goal in Gaza apart from killing children and women.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Muza(m): 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2009
Subhanallah!  sad
May their souls rest in peace.
May those terrorists never see peace till their end,which insha Allah,is near.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by chidichris(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2009
Subhanallah!
May their souls rest in peace.
May those terrorists never see peace till their end,which insha Allah,is near.

Muza,
u are correct, their end is near. today hamas leader said they are close to victory so i believe both of u.
i can see how humane u all are. how come none of u comented when obj wiped out Odi and a tiv village? wow you guys really like palestinians more than nigeria.
for those dead who are not hamas supporters, may their souls rest in perfect peace - Amen. but for the hamas supporters, 28 virgins for them over there.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by bindex(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2009
chidichris:

Muza,
u are correct, their end is near. today hamas leader said they are close to victory so i believe both of u.
i can see how humane u all are. how come none of u comented when obj wiped out Odi and a tiv village? wow you guys really like palestinians more than nigeria.
for those dead who are not hamas supporters, may their souls rest in perfect peace - Amen. but for the hamas supporters, 28 virgins for them over there.

72 specially created virgins not 28. grin grin grin grin grin, what a load of hogwash.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by hajifaty: 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2009
This is a real crime and act of terrorist by the Israel. Israel and the west really want to abolish the Muslim worlds which is not possible. The palestine people are defendless people, no army,no navy and no air force. this is really sad may God purnish the terrorist state of Israel and her  western allies. Their end is totally near.
If they really want to go war, why not start with iran that have enough capacity of military force with them then we all start to withness the beingnig of  WWIII.
Why did  mr BUSH rejected  the  request for american bomber jet to be used against Iran last, I guess by now Israel would have be come history.
They really want to  commit their massacre against the Gazan people.
May God safe us from these world terrorist that call themselves world powers.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by texazzpete(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2009
hajifaty:

This is a real crime and act of terrorist by the Israel. Israel and the west really want to abolish the Muslim worlds which is not possible. The palestine people are defendless people, no army,no navy and no air force. this is really sad may God purnish the terrorist state of Israel and her  western allies. Their end is totally near.
If they really want to go war, why not start with iran that have enough capacity of military force with them then we all start to withness the beingnig of  WWIII.
Why did  mr BUSH rejected  the  request for american bomber jet to be used against Iran last, I guess by now Israel would have be come history.
They really want to  commit their massacre against the Gazan people.

lol. The Iranian army is no match for the Israeli army.
The iraqi army was the most powerful standing army in the middle east. yet they were comprehensively defeated in 3 weeks.

May God save the world from extremists like you. You condemn hate and bloodshed, yet you preach hate and bloodshed.
Do you need any more encouragement to volunteer for martyrdom in Gaza? Go ahead and sign up, the Arabs need more cannon fodder to fuel the Gears of War.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by hajifaty: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2009
@texazzpete,
I guess you are needed in Israel to join hand with their terrorist act becos blood of Israel is flowing in your body.
the UN ,Int Red Cross and other Human right organization are all condenming Israel. are these fellows arab or muslims? I can see from your word that you are lacking Human feellings. America can't buy the whole world.
Everyday they keeping on shouting, India, china,russia and other emerging power are threats to them.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2009
hajifaty:

This is a real crime and act of terrorist by the Israel. Israel and the west really want to abolish the Muslim worlds which is not possible. The palestine people are defendless people, no army,no navy and no air force. this is really sad may God purnish the terrorist state of Israel and her western allies. Their end is totally near.
If they really want to go war, why not start with iran that have enough capacity of military force with them then we all start to withness the beingnig of WWIII.
Why did mr BUSH rejected the request for american bomber jet to be used against Iran last, I guess by now Israel would have be come history.
They really want to commit their massacre against the Gazan people.

sigh.

When will these people take their heads out of the sands of denial? undecided
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by ayinba1(f): 2:44am On Jan 14, 2009
@texapette

which iraqi army?
according to who?
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by bluespice(f): 3:12am On Jan 14, 2009
This is an act of terrorism by the isreali soldiers
they should be tried at the war crimes tribunal in The Hague
that however is if the story is true.

chidichris:

Muza,
u have got to be kidding me, if they are winning like they claim why don't we read of that anywhere not even from aljazeera that tries too hard to be unbiased.
Guysu have got to be objective atleast in ur arguments
how are they winning when the number of the dead is soaring above 1000 on their side with the isrealis a meagre 13?
or how are they winning when the number of th injured is well above 5000 with the isrealis in the 70s range?
or u call winning a situation where 800,000 people go without sources of clean water? shocked
get ur head out of the sand and face the truth!
The palestinian people are suffering sad to say Hamas that isreal so badly wants to obliterate, isnt suffering as much damage as the ordinary palestinian people
chidichris:

This is simple, its merely media coverage, pardon us but i doubt I'm the only one who has never heard o thie incidents u talking about,
and no we musnt necessarily like the palestinian people, we only call what's wrong wrong
chidichris:

so now, there are classes of people even in final rewards based on political affiliations? shocked
i weep for u and ur ilk.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 14, 2009
bluespice:

This is an act of terrorism by the isreali soldiers
they should be tried at the war crimes tribunal in The Hague
that however is if the story is true.

the story isnt true. I spent a good deal of time today researching the facts and it is another in the long line of examples of so-called "journalists" rushing to conclusions on every story that sounds like condemning Israel.

Its sad that the UN has allowed itself to become, not the unbiased umpire it was initially created to be, a veritable tool in the arsenal of HAMAS. It publishes a story based on "reports" and "several testimonies". Since foreign journalists are not allowed into Gaza it is better left to the imagination what HAMAS-linked "journalists" are ready to cook up to demonise Israel. The foreign press will only be too glad to run-off with unverified lies.

This was the same UN that decried the Jenin "massacre" before it was finally forced under the weight of unquestionable evidence to retract its "report".
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by bluespice(f): 3:27am On Jan 14, 2009
hmmmmm
do u mind giving me links to the sites that u drew ur inferences from?
in this game of who-tells-the-news-first, its very hard to find out the actual truths

either way, its a sad case
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Lagosboy: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2009
davidylan:

the story isnt true. I spent a good deal of time today researching the facts and it is another in the long line of examples of so-called "journalists" rushing to conclusions on every story that sounds like condemning Israel.

Even if it happened before your eyes u would still say it is untrue.

This news was reported on the biased BBC and even CNN.

reported by aljazeera
A boy from the Somouni family was interviewed live on tv
Israel has not denied it.
Israel wouldnt let cameras go there.

When have you becomed an investigative journalist spending a good time researching, Where did u search? the internet? Did u travel to Gaza or you have Olmerts direct line which you rang him.

Were you not the same person who said Saddam had financial links to 9-11 hijackers?
Were u not the same person who said 500 people were killed in Gaza and 400 hamas fighters?
Were u not the same person denying that there is no occupation of west bank, east jerusalem,
Were you not the same person that said killing of an innocent child is justified because he his hamas in incubation.

Please eat this jargon you posted here.

@Bluespice why not do your independent searches before u eat the rubbish David has posted here.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by bluespice(f): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2009
if u noticed i asked him where he got his information from,
i can see ur source i cant see his
how fair can i be?
pls if ur spoiling for a fight look further,
im trying to be as reasonable as possible in this argument angry
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Lagosboy: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
bluespice:

if u noticed i asked him where he got his information from,
i can see ur source i can't see his
how fair can i be?
please if ur spoiling for a fight look further,
I'm trying to be as reasonable as possible in this argument angry

Of course i aint lukin for no fights and i fight no one here except with davidylan for his hate messages.

I take my statement back if it wasnt clear enough. I was just saying you should do an independent search yourself.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2009
Lagosboy:

Of course i aint lukin for no fights and i fight no one here except with davidylan for his hate messages.

I take my statement back if it wasnt clear enough. I was just saying you should do an independent search yourself.

and what is your own idea of "independent research"? BBC and CNN? grin Where they not the same folks who brought us the Jenin "massacre"?

Rather than bore myself hunting "sources" for you because its frankly lost on blind arab slaves like you . . . all the sources i have posted earlier that contradict your lies you simply ignore and move on to another lie. I cant keep running after you.

Notice one trend . . . if the claims were indeed true there'd be widespread condemnation . . . do you realise everyone bar a few news snippets here and there are largely silent about this latest claim? Perhaps they now realise something you never will realise . . . that much of the stories from Gaza are hamas propaganda reports. Enjoy.
Re: Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2009
Someone said US wants to destroy Moslems how Incorrect. US fought for Bosnia a Moslem state less than 10 years ago

(1) (Reply)

Happy 20th Anniversary Barack And Michelle Obama / Castro Killed Chavez! / Madhiba Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.