Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

HMO Benefits To Employees - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HMO Benefits To Employees (2419 Views)

Enjoy fantastic free medical care (HMO) by paying as low as N39,000 annually / I Need A Really Good Health Insurance Plan/hmo / Haelth Maintenance Organisation(hmo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HMO Benefits To Employees by Hubtain(m): 6:54am On Mar 08, 2015
Source: http://www.sproutby.com

As an employee with a ridiculous salary, how would you handle the following scenarios?

1. Your spouse needs to deliver via caesarean section and might need to be transfused, your baby might also need some special neonatal services; what would you do if you don’t have enough money to clear the medical bills?

2. You are involved in a ghastly accident (God forbid) and you need to undergo a very expensive surgery, what if your savings is not enough to pay for the surgery, where would you get money from?

3. Your child broke down (emergency) on a weekend and would need urgent medical attention, supposing you don’t have sufficient cash at home or even in the bank, what would you do?

4. One of your children is a known Sickle Cell Anemia (HBSS) patient who could be attacked by Vaso-occlusive crisis (VOC) at any time, would you give up on that child the day the crisis sets in and you don’t have money stuck anywhere?

In case you've never thought about this before and don't know how you would handle the above... Here's a clue- plan ahead and protect yourself and family against emergencies and other unforeseen circumstances,thats what smart people do.

The best form of health protection I can think of in Nigeria today is HMO.

With an HMO policy, you can access healthcare services with nothing down[no cash payment]

With HMO plan, healthcare is cheaper.

With HMO package, you and your family would have access to quick and quality healthcare services when emergency shows up with its ugly face...

Need further clarification or you want detailed information on the HMO benefits to employees?

Then, read this:
http:///1IN0dzu
Re: HMO Benefits To Employees by laudate: 2:39am On Mar 11, 2015
90% of HMO policies in Nigeria do not cover c-section or blood transfusion. You will have to pay extra cash to get these services, if you ever need them.
Re: HMO Benefits To Employees by Hubtain(m): 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
laudate:
90% of HMO policies in Nigeria do not cover c-section or blood transfusion. You will have to pay extra cash to get these services, if you ever need them.

That claim is not correct sir/ma... I've serve as an HMO liaison officer for years, and my interest is to see that enrollees(patients) make the most of their HMO policy; therefore,it would be foolish of me to post misleading information on a popular platform like this...

Most HMOs(over 70%) cover for C-Section and blood transfusion depending on the enrollee's plan type.

The thing is, several factors can lead to enrollees being asked to make co-payment...

One of the reasons why you might be asked to pay extra cash for some services is - if your HMO plan type is very low, another reason could be- you've exceeded your annual limit,finally, the kind of policy you subscribed to[is it a co-insurance HMO policy?]...

I hope this helps...
If you need more clarification,do not hesitate to ask.

(1) (Reply)

History And Health Benefits Of Henna / The Dark Side Of Philanthropist Bill Gates That Many Don’t Know / Health and Financial Benefits Of Pure Original Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.