Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help Using Paypal In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Using Paypal In Nigeria (1037 Views)

Receive Money With Paypal In Nigeria / How To Know If Paypal In Nigeria Can Recieve Payments (tutorial) / Help! Using Update Statement To Replace All NULL Value In A Column In Mysql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by evergreen9: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Hello, I am interested in opening a Nigerian paypal account, however I don't know how it works (the funding process, receiving money etc), Also
how safe is it ? I don't want a situation where someone could hack my paypal account and use all my funds up. I would really appreciate if
someone could explain how I could go about opening and using a Nigerian paypal account. Thanks in advance
Re: Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 08, 2015
I'm not sure but I think if u register for a paypal accnt, u can't transfer money from nigeria to another country. Not their fault, its dat d fear of nigerian scammers is d beginning of wisdom
Re: Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by henribj(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2015
evergreen9:
Hello, I am interested in opening a Nigerian paypal account, however I don't know how it works (the funding process, receiving money etc), Also
how safe is it ? I don't want a situation where someone could hack my paypal account and use all my funds up. I would really appreciate if
someone could explain how I could go about opening and using a Nigerian paypal account. Thanks in advance

goto paypal.com
when the site opens it mostly opens the USA paypal site, just change the country zone to Nigeria and it will open the paypal page for Nigeria, sign up for a free account.
the funding process is this, you will have to link your credit/debit ATM card to your paypal account, that is the only way your paypal account can be funded. although there is another option to link your bank account to your paypal account but i do not know if that option is fully working for all banks in Nigeria.
To receive money into your paypal account, you only have to give your paypal email address to anyone who wants to send you money through paypal. paypal is like western union, when money is sent to you, you receive it in minutes, most times the money becomes available in less than 10 mins.
as for hacking, all websites can be hacked, you just have to play your part and be security conscious. most paypal accounts hacked are not hacked from paypal database, but are hacked through the owner of that particular paypal account because of his/her carelessness or lack of attention to detail
another thing to know or do if you don't want your funds transferred out of your account incase your account gets hacked is for you to make sure that whenever you receive any money into your paypal account you immediately transfer the money out into your atm card, that way, whenever anyone/hacker gets access to your paypal account, the hacker won't see any money in your account to withdraw cos the whole money is in your atm card.
hope this bit of information helped.
Re: Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by evergreen9: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2015
henribj:

goto paypal.com
when the site opens it mostly opens the USA paypal site, just change the country zone to Nigeria and it will open the paypal page for Nigeria, sign up for a free account.
the funding process is this, you will have to link your credit/debit ATM card to your paypal account, that is the only way your paypal account can be funded. although there is another option to link your bank account to your paypal account but i do not know if that option is fully working for all banks in Nigeria.
To receive money into your paypal account, you only have to give your paypal email address to anyone who wants to send you money through paypal. paypal is like western union, when money is sent to you, you receive it in minutes, most times the money becomes available in less than 10 mins.
as for hacking, all websites can be hacked, you just have to play your part and be security conscious. most paypal accounts hacked are not hacked from paypal database, but are hacked through the owner of that particular paypal account because of his/her carelessness or lack of attention to detail
another thing to know or do if you don't want your funds transferred out of your account incase your account gets hacked is for you to make sure that whenever you receive any money into your paypal account you immediately transfer the money out into your atm card, that way, whenever anyone/hacker gets access to your paypal account, the hacker won't see any money in your account to withdraw cos the whole money is in your atm card.
hope this bit of information helped.

Thanks for your reply but if your ATM is linked to your paypal account and the account gets hacked, then the funds in your ATM account could also be used by the hackers or am I wrong? Can I use my UBA debit naira master card with Paypal?
Re: Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by henribj(m): 10:58am On Mar 08, 2015
evergreen9:

Thanks for your reply but if your ATM is linked to your paypal account and the account gets hacked, then the funds in your ATM account could also be used by the hackers or am I wrong? Can I use my UBA debit naira master card with Paypal?

if your account gets hacked, your atm card is safe to an extent, in the sense that for any withdrawal to be made from your paypal account using the atm card as the payment option, the hacker would have to provide some information about the atm, informations such as part of the atm card number, expiry date, card value verification code, and the only way the hacker would have these information is if you have already given it to the hacker knowingly or unknowingly.
yeah i guess you can use your uba atm card
Re: Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by evergreen9: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
henribj:

if your account gets hacked, your atm card is safe to an extent, in the sense that for any withdrawal to be made from your paypal account using the atm card as the payment option, the hacker would have to provide some information about the atm, informations such as part of the atm card number, expiry date, card value verification code, and the only way the hacker would have these information is if you have already given it to the hacker knowingly or unknowingly.
yeah i guess you can use your uba atm card

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.
Re: Help Using Paypal In Nigeria by henribj(m): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
evergreen9:

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.

your welcome, glad i could help.

(1) (Reply)

January 2017 Wordpress Web Design Training Plus Awoof Bonus / SEO Professional (freelance) / Use Revenuehits $50 Minimum, Instead Of Google Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.