Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours (4850 Views)

Nigeria’s First Ever High-speed Rail Is Finally Here / Pic: How I Almost Got Crushed By A High Speed Train / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by ToddTerry: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2006
should be very nice with dining cars and all.
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by omonozozo(m): 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2006
Todd Terry:

should be very nice with dining cars and all.
All of that is coming soon. As in next year.
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by Constantin: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2006
Any more information or is it just one more typical Nigerian pipedream?
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by superman(m): 5:49am On Sep 02, 2006
damn human being could be funi in their act u no! well i think im proud nigerian never mind any loafin ass
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by iice(f): 6:37am On Sep 02, 2006
@Topic, Cool that would be great
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by zexyworm: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2006
No further info, besides the usual 600-word government press release.

Not even the name of the consultanats/contractors are mentioned.

Another Nigerian-executed public project, ripe and attractive for stealing.
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by dblock(m): 12:56am On Sep 27, 2006
It's not at all like, that it is an idea then talks are made with private companies then it becomes a proposal (the stage where further info is given) then if it is accepted, it's not a pipe dream, the Nigerian Government certainly isn't a ten year old kid. The train was probably thought of by the federak and local governmnets of both states and the reason why there is no more info is probably it is still been drafted ---Peace---- (Don't diss me cause i'm right) cool
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by dblock(m): 7:38am On Oct 05, 2006
Here it is

Hu´s visit to Nigeria

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) 27/04/2006

Chinese President Hu Jintao said yesterday his government will seek much closer ties with Africa a resource-rich frontier of opportunity for the world’s fastest growing economy after signing oil and other agreements with Nigeria and granting the West African giant an aid package.
Hu, on the second and final day of his visit to Nigeria, addressed the country’s parliament on China’s relations with Africa.
“Africa has rich resources and market potentials, whereas China has available effective practices and practical know-how it has gained in the course of modernisation,” Hu said.
China is seeking “a strategic partnership” with the continent that would improve living standards for Africa, he said. China’s interest and growing profile has worried Western rivals among them countries who may feel their colonial ties should give them an advantage for Africa’s resources and markets. And some Africans have complained about being flooded with cheap Chinese goods.
“China’s development will not pose a threat to anyone. On the contrary, it will bring more development opportunities to the world,” Hu told Nigeria’s parliament.
The world’s most populous country, with 1.3 billion people, has also set new development targets to increase its gross domestic product and lower energy consumption, the Chinese leader said. “By the year 2020 , GDP would quadruple that of 2000 to reach $4 trillion, averaging $3,000 per head,” Hu said.
China’s economy is growing so fast, its leaders have taken steps to avoid inflation or ballooning bad loans. Growth hit 10.2 per cent in the first quarter, and China is hungry for the energy, timber, minerals and other raw materials Africa can provide.
During the first day of the visit, Hu and his Nigerian counterpart Olusegun Obasanjo presided over the signing of a string of agreements covering cooperation in energy, telecommunications, infrastructure development and health.
One agreement requires Nigeria’s Petroleum Ministry to give China’s state oil firm preferential access to oil blocks in return for a Chinese undertaking to take over a loss-making refinery in the northern city of Kaduna.
Under other deals, Chinese firms will build a hydroelectric power station in the northeastern Mambilla plateau and a high-speed rail system linking the Nigerian capital Abuja with the economic capital, Lagos.
Two Chinese telecommunication firms, Huawei Technologies and ZTE, will execute large contracts for rural telephone service across Nigeria with the help of concessionary loans from the Chinese government worth more than $200 million (161 million euros).

Sorry Guys no Source, couldn't find it
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by DaBlazer(m): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2006
Hmmmm Thats nice about this project i just hope its not another way to emblezze some money again like the PTDF stuff well if its done kudos to his govt. but i hope you all reason that its a way for you to leave him in power , That scary President of yours OBJ shocked
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by dblock(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2006
What OBJ has done although unstisfactory is a lot compared to most of Nigeria's past leaders. Nigeria would have stable electricity now but OBJ chose a path to follow then started to be really serious on Power recently but it was a pick and choose issue. OBJ introduced a lot of things and i wouldn't mind if this project was political beacsue it's a good project and OBJ isn't bad president (I know this post will be followed up with hate replys about OBJ but i don't care he's a good president by fact not by my opinion)
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by dblock(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2006
dblock:

Here it is

Hu´s visit to Nigeria

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) 27/04/2006

Chinese President Hu Jintao said yesterday his government will seek much closer ties with Africa a resource-rich frontier of opportunity for the world’s fastest growing economy after signing oil and other agreements with Nigeria and granting the West African giant an aid package.
Hu, on the second and final day of his visit to Nigeria, addressed the country’s parliament on China’s relations with Africa.
“Africa has rich resources and market potentials, whereas China has available effective practices and practical know-how it has gained in the course of modernisation,” Hu said.
China is seeking “a strategic partnership” with the continent that would improve living standards for Africa, he said. China’s interest and growing profile has worried Western rivals among them countries who may feel their colonial ties should give them an advantage for Africa’s resources and markets. And some Africans have complained about being flooded with cheap Chinese goods.
“China’s development will not pose a threat to anyone. On the contrary, it will bring more development opportunities to the world,” Hu told Nigeria’s parliament.
The world’s most populous country, with 1.3 billion people, has also set new development targets to increase its gross domestic product and lower energy consumption, the Chinese leader said. “By the year 2020 , GDP would quadruple that of 2000 to reach $4 trillion, averaging $3,000 per head,” Hu said.
China’s economy is growing so fast, its leaders have taken steps to avoid inflation or ballooning bad loans. Growth hit 10.2 per cent in the first quarter, and China is hungry for the energy, timber, minerals and other raw materials Africa can provide.
During the first day of the visit, Hu and his Nigerian counterpart Olusegun Obasanjo presided over the signing of a string of agreements covering cooperation in energy, telecommunications, infrastructure development and health.
One agreement requires Nigeria’s Petroleum Ministry to give China’s state oil firm preferential access to oil blocks in return for a Chinese undertaking to take over a loss-making refinery in the northern city of Kaduna.
Under other deals, Chinese firms will build a hydroelectric power station in the northeastern Mambilla plateau and a high-speed rail system linking the Nigerian capital Abuja with the economic capital, Lagos.
Two Chinese telecommunication firms, Huawei Technologies and ZTE, will execute large contracts for rural telephone service across Nigeria with the help of concessionary loans from the Chinese government worth more than $200 million (161 million euros).

Sorry Guys no Source, couldn't find it

What the hell it's got little on the topic, maybe i should have read it first my bad, but it's something right undecided
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by DaBlazer(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2006
ObJ A Smart Fool i commend him for his Abeokuta Brain well i hope you know it can never be like that of Maradona you all know this well , he has done little things to cover the eyes of nigerians check out the Moblie Phone Stuff if not for him as everyone will say if he did it right we will pay 1 naira per minute when this people came he collect so much money for linence imagine MTN paying 285million USD for this and tell me why they will not charge you so mcuh , if this were collect as taxes and later after this people came if so much were collected as taxes why did the fuel price still go up well i am not a great critic of his adminstration but i like it when we shine our Eyes,
Does anyone knows why Obj Farms is one of the three most biggest and nice farms in Africa if you know please tell me ,

Who said this Dablaze Said this MOre to come
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by dblock(m): 4:44am On Oct 06, 2006
dblock:

What OBJ has done although unstisfactory is a lot compared to most of Nigeria's past leaders. Nigeria would have stable electricity now but OBJ chose a path to follow then started to be really serious on Power recently but it was a pick and choose issue. OBJ introduced a lot of things and i wouldn't mind if this project was political beacsue it's a good project and OBJ isn't bad president (I know this post will be followed up with hate replys about OBJ but i don't care he's a good president by fact not by my opinion)

Right on schedule like i predicted grin
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2007
this is one year later and we have not see any sign of the high speed train

undecided
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by londoner: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
I hope it goes ahead. The fact that we haven't heard much after one year does not mean it is a pipe dream. We are talking about a cross country railway not a local road.
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by DisGuy: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
kaecy5:

this is one year later and we have not see any sign of the high speed train

undecided

you think it takes one year to set-up? undecided

they just finished the survey, the contract is being reviewed, some former workers are looking to get paid off.
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by Kc0022000(m): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2007
The issue of electricity should be solved before high speed train or whatever. On which force will such high speed train work with ?They keep fooling the Nigerian people they are suppose to serve, Fela said it all , animals in abada mostly OBJ
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2007
lets be watching, one day they wouldbe tired of the deceit them selve when they realise that other african countries have moved forward

some years back china was nothing, now china controls the worlds economy, simply cos they changed foreign reserves to Euros the dollar is falling so fast.

can the Naira affect world policies? impossible
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by DisGuy: 1:13am On Jun 26, 2012
cough cough
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by moonraker(m): 2:10am On Jun 26, 2012
this thread was made in 2006.

Gbamu!!!!

we are in 2012... anyone see any trains around
Re: High Speed Train Between Lagos And Abuja Will Take Only 3 Hours by DisGuy: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
moonraker: this thread was made in 2006.

Gbamu!!!!

we are in 2012... anyone see any trains around

Compared to this SA speed train thread opened in 2009

https://www.nairaland.com/344002/africas-first-underground-bullet-train

smh

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lagos The Foreign Media Dont Want You To See / U.S. House passes Bill abolishing DV Visa Lottery / When Was The Last Time You Were In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.