Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,374 members, 7,954,516 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down (31608 Views)

Pearlena Igbokwe Appointed Head Of Universal Television / Fire guts Sir Gabriel Igbinedion’s ITV Benin (Photos From The Incidence) / Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by gebest: 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
K
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by harry509: 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
dtruth3:
Some group of APC terror members has burnt down one of the media houses (ITV) in Benin city, following the percieved biase against its party in the state.

You would recall sometime ago, the All Progressive Congress (APC) had warned the ITV media house in the state; to stop its alleged role in painting the state government in a bad light.

source...... CoreTV News

wia is d pix now? I don't blv it undecided undecided.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
A welcome development. I see someone's bound on taking Edo State to the 21st century.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by 9jatatafo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
I miss ITV, those days in Benin when Christmas is near and they say Father Xmas is coming from Norway and Victor Imade will be off air. Advertizer Delight.

2 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
AIT will be next,but this time around, thunder and lightening will burn down the biased and hate filled station.
Babe, take it easy.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by MrFairplay4ume(m): 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
grin
dtruth3:
thank you professor of English, but please can you call your brothers to order? before i forget prof. next time when you want to correct me, at least spell properly too.

it's not "notin" but "nothing".
it's not "weda" but "whether".

thank you Prof. cheers too!

Laughing in Hebrew!!!!! grin
dtruth3:
thank you professor of English, but please can you call your brothers to order? before i forget prof. next time when you want to correct me, at least spell properly too.

it's not "notin" but "nothing".
it's not "weda" but "whether".

thank you Prof. cheers too!

Laughing in Hebrew!!!!!
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Chigold101(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
vicadex07:
Good, no PDP cry when APC rally in rivers state was disrupted by bombings and people were killed. Now its their turn to mourn...at least no human life was lost unlike what the PDP did in rivers state.

Which one of them is now truly the bloodsucking party
for your mind now u have made some great point.

AND WHEN OUR PRESIDENT WAS ATTACKED WHAT DID APSHITS DO?

The level of APCs fight AGAINST criticism is just so alarming. Imagine if GEJ behaves like APC chieftains.

Imagine if PDP thugs start burning media houses... Where will TVC, Radio continental, Punch Newspaper, National Mirror, The Nation be today?

Tinubu owns 3out of the above mentiond media houses.

Just imagine GEJ/PDP government start to clamp down on any media house that calls him names.

Well it is on record that in GMB‘s book freedom of expression, press freedom & freedom of speech do not have a page.

May GOD never allow Nigeria to be ruled by those that will turn us into ROBOTS, deaf & DUMB.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Akposkool(m): 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
onojiwizardgmailcom:

Why don't you APC supporters tolerate criticism. See what you just typed, my question is what if those opposed to your view, decide to burn down Punch News Papers Office or The Nation News Paper what will you say? what AIT is airing is sponsored and paid for, by PDP elements, what I am expecting APC to do is to sponsor a counter either on AIT or TVC, it is all politics, watch the USA campaign season and see how dirty smear campaigns can be.
you my friend are retarded.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Alexisu: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
I condemn dis dastardly act if truly it is d handiwork of arsonists.
But I want to ask if BON still exist in Nigeria.
I was in Benin sometime in January when this same ITV aired a false news that a Catholic priest was beaten to stupor by aides of Gov Oshiomhole on the orders of the Gov, meanwhile the Gov didn't even travel dat route dat particular day, a claim that even the Catholic Archbishop of Benin denied.

The state govt immediately expelled ITV correspondents from Govt house, Benin and threatened to sue the station if an unreserved apology was not rendered.

To my greatest surprise, the station did tender the said apology with the excuse that they aired d news as submitted by d reporter without verifying how true it was.

So bad for Nigerian journalism.

1 Like

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by tolexy007(m): 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
hardbody:
what proof is there that the opposition burnt it down. We are now in an era when everything sinister must be put on the doorsteps of the opposing party. Rancorous electioneering pattern all over.
but if dey say it is pdp u will nt ask for proof?
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by VellyG(m): 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
For ur info ITV's transmitter is located in Oluku and in their Benin office
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Anglovel: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
Why don't you APC supporters tolerate criticism. See what you just typed, my question is what if those opposed to your view, decide to burn down Punch News Papers Office or The Nation News Paper what will you say? what AIT is airing is sponsored and paid for, by PDP elements, what I am expecting APC to do is to sponsor a counter either on AIT or TVC, it is all politics, watch the USA campaign season and see how dirty smear campaigns can be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Moheat(m): 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
cyberguy72:
So u re saying in effect that its PDP members are responsible for the act.

No! I didn't said that.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by hensben(m): 7:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Faraidi:
This why I hate this useless party called APC.They are too barbaric,they forget that nobody or group of people have monopoly in violence.TVC CONTINENTAL is anti PDP yet nobody has burnt it down.This APC and it's supporters are soo myopic and savage.Useless illiterates.
sir are u aware, there are nigerians who hate PDP with passion including mysdelf, they are neither APC nor PDP, you mostly find these nigerians in EDo state due to what Lucky Igbinedion did to the state before oshiomhole came to rescue the state.
Keep shouting APC this, APC that to draw sympathy when we know who are really the satan(PDP) hindering the progress of this country....PDP killed Oshiomhole PA.

1 Like

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Emperor4God(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
[size=18pt]VIOLENCE, BOKO HARAM AND APC ARE BED MATES[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by vicadex07(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Chigold101:
for your mind now u have made some great point.

AND WHEN OUR PRESIDENT WAS ATTACKED WHAT DID APSHITS DO?

The level of APCs fight AGAINST criticism is just so alarming. Imagine if GEJ behaves like APC chieftains.

Imagine if PDP thugs start burning media houses... Where will TVC, Radio continental, Punch Newspaper, National Mirror, The Nation be today?

Tinubu owns 3out of the above mentiond media houses.

Just imagine GEJ/PDP government start to clamp down on any media house that calls him names.

Well it is on record that in GMB‘s book freedom of expression, press freedom & freedom of speech do not have a page.

May GOD never allow Nigeria to be ruled by those that will turn us into ROBOTS, deaf & DUMB.

U just don't get my point. There is no concrete evidence linking APC to the arson. And if at all APC is responsible, no live was lost on their revenge mission unlike what the PDP did in rivers state that lead to the death of about 5 people. What am trying to say is that even though both parties are violent, PDP has proven to be more evil and blood thirsty in recent times. All the APC attacks I have heard of recently never led to any casualty.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by eyinjuege: 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
I'm amazed at various posts actually supporting arson- a CRIMINAL offence by the way, all in the name of vindicating a political party. Wowww...
Its obviously a do or die affair for some.
Pls let us all join hands and condemn VIOLENCE in any form or in either of BOTH THIEVING political parties.(Yes, I still don't believe either of both overhyped political parties mean well for Nigeria).
My opinion anyway.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by explorer250(m): 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Buhari is directly proportional to
violence and corruption and
inversely proportional to peace
while terrorism and religious
extremism are constants provided that he is not elected.
B=(v+C)T.RE/P where T.RE are
constants
B=buhari
v=violence
c=corruption T=terrorism
RE=religious extremism
/=division sign(inversely
proportional)
P=peace

1 Like

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Faraidi(m): 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
alaoeri:

Obo idanre, if I falsefully slander against someone for my own selfish interest & if not nothing will happen to me. If you are related to Buhari or Tinubu & AIT is airing a false information about them just because of politics what will you do? Ode think, don't you think a good name is better than gold & silver, if your father is in Buhari's or Tinubu's shoe and false information is been air on a TV station about what will be your reaction?
what about the false information APC are spreading through Ashiwaju TVC?APC and its useless supporters always reason with their Anus.I trust PDP they will respond with iron fist.Bleep you,Bleep your father,and Bleep your useless party APC.FO*L
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by ican2020: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Those clapping and rejoicing when someone's property is burnt down will die as a tenant.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by nobosaba(m): 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
I am a benin resident, its pathetic the rate itv was going just like ait. Its owner igbinedion a pdp chieftan had turned it to the opposition of everything apc did. This is good 4 democracy since the so called journalism is now diving into politics, they should get a rub from the mud they place themselves. It can not be verified who did this as their is no evidence of apc hand in it. The whole media houses should emulate channels tv that has remained resolute and fair. Ait shld get ready 4 theirs in as much as i condem the act, it has no proof of apc involvment. My take is that when journalism chooses to play politics instead of been neutral, it is bond to get reactions as this. The pdp may as well have schemed this to draw sympathy to itself as the world knew itv is pro pdp like ait or nta

Mumu.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by nickxtra(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Anything built on deceit and money stolen from the people will surely not last long! Am not surprised
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by OgologoDimkpa: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
lovat:
ApC, ISIS, BH has one thing in common, God help us
Islam of course embarassed
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by OgologoDimkpa: 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
AIT will be next,but this time around, thunder and lightening will burn down the biased and hate filled station.
After which TVC and Radio Continental will follow embarassed
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by alaoeri: 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Faraidi:
what about the false information APC are spreading through Ashiwaju TVC?APC and its useless supporters always reason with their Anus.I trust PDP they will respond with iron fist.Bleep you,Bleep your father,and Bleep your useless party APC.FO*L
Did APC abused Jona? Did APC abused Jona's wife like PDP abused Buhari's late wife? Did APC abused APC abused any member of PDP & their Family? What is aired on TVC is pure bad government of Jona & nothing more on the other hand PDP are attacking the personality of APC person get that into your thick skull. You abused my father, I won't respond because I so much love & cherish him, this simply shows the regard you have for your father, the kind of training you have & the kind of home you are from. Dingbat of a fellow.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by preselect(m): 10:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
I am a benin resident, its pathetic the rate itv was going just like ait. Its owner igbinedion a pdp chieftan had turned it to the opposition of everything apc did. This is good 4 democracy since the so called journalism is now diving into politics, they should get a rub from the mud they place themselves. It can not be verified who did this as their is no evidence of apc hand in it. The whole media houses should emulate channels tv that has remained resolute and fair. Ait shld get ready 4 theirs in as much as i condem the act, it has no proof of apc involvment. My take is that when journalism chooses to play politics instead of been neutral, it is bond to get reactions as this. The pdp may as well have schemed this to draw sympathy to itself as the world knew itv is pro pdp like ait or nta

this shows that you know nothing about democracy.

freedom of speech means freedom of speech. it doesnt mean freedom of reasonable speech. or freedom of truthful speech. speech is speech. it runs a wide spectrum from the highly intellectual and moral truths to the absolute crap, including pure lies. over 50 million americans today believe Obama is a Kenyan muslim terrorist, born in nairobi, who hates america. this is bc of the channel they watch/listen to.

every democracy is as good as it's opposition party. the strength of the opposition party includes having their own media outlet which sings their tune. and the greatness of democracy is that the govt doesn't oppress the rights of the opposition party including their media outlet. hence sahara reporters could blackmail President GEJ and he lets them be. Fox news compares Obama to Satan and they still live. someone came on television and called Obama a sub-human mongrel and he is living free today. that's Democracy. Try that in Russia. . . if you get liver.

jokes apart, the vehemence of GMB supporters, their history of violent capability in the 2011 elections, and the History of GMB himself as dictator come together as a very scary thing. no jokes. democratically minded citizens should be worried everytime the opposition is silenced. it is tyranny in the budding stage.

dont smile bc your candidate is the one silencing the opposition bc history teaches us that most dictators started as popular leaders. so when you smile that this is happening to the other party, get ready. . . the chicken MUST come home to roost. . . .

1 Like

Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by dtruth3(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
ikaboy:
this is why people like you find it difficult to learn. Please, swallow your pride and take corrections as we all know he was merely using short forms of words allowed in such forum.
and the little he could do, was to make sure his own English was flawless. since he was out to correct!
short forms or no short forms, anytime you want to correct anybody's spoken English, make sure you use those "English words" that are also recognised by the dictionary too.

thank you Associate Professor!
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by MabraO: 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
PDP nd their blame game
Soon dey would be blaming d opposition for failure to impregnate their wives or maybe increase in school fees

It is well even inside d well
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Intendy: 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
hardbody:
what proof is there that the opposition burnt it down. We are now in an era when everything sinister must be put on the doorsteps of the opposing party. Rancorous electioneering pattern all over.
infact PDP even said APC caused the recent fuel scarcity,next na APC no allow mama peace sabi speak english
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Faraidi(m): 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
alaoeri:

Did APC abused Jona? Did APC abused Jona's wife like PDP abused Buhari's late wife? Did APC abused APC abused any member of PDP & their Family? What is aired on TVC is pure bad government of Jona & nothing more on the other hand PDP are attacking the personality of APC person get that into your thick skull. You abused my father, I won't respond because I so much love & cherish him, this simply shows the regard you have for your father, the kind of training you have & the kind of home you are from. Dingbat of a fellow.
you are a real fool apc has been accusing jonathan wrongly and all you can say is this nonsense,it only show how sentimental you are tvc has no right to castcast aspersion on jonathan govt because, all what they are acusing him for is what ashiwaju is doing to his slaves/errand boy like you. I repeat it you are you are a nonentity, ashiwaju slave get lost.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by alaoeri: 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
Faraidi:
you are a real fool apc has been accusing jonathan wrongly and all you can say is this nonsense,it only show how sentimental you are tvc has no right to castcast aspersion on jonathan govt because, all what they are acusing him for is what ashiwaju is doing to his slaves/errand boy like you. I repeat it you are you are a nonentity, ashiwaju slave get lost.
You are nothing but a nonentity that knows nothing about politics, there is no place in the world where the ruling is not criticize by the opposition even opposition party do criticize Obama government but do they critize his family & personality no. GEJ handlers got nothing other than attacks on Tinubu & his family likewise Buhari, what a good government should do is to refute the claims by opposition & not to attack their families, what is aired on TVC is about government & not Jona's family, silly goat like you should know that its not proper to bring families into politics which PDP are doing, with your write up I can deduced you no nothing about politics just following Jona blindly, silly goat, ewu gambia. Nincompoop.
Re: Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down by Faraidi(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
alaoeri:

You are nothing but a nonentity that knows nothing about politics, there is no place in the world where the ruling is not criticize by the opposition even opposition party do criticize Obama government but do they critize his family & personality no. GEJ handlers got nothing other than attacks on Tinubu & his family likewise Buhari, what a good government should do is to refute the claims by opposition & not to attack their families, what is aired on TVC is about government & not Jona's family, silly goat like you should know that its not proper to bring families into politics which PDP are doing, with your write up I can deduced you no nothing about politics just following Jona blindly, silly goat, ewu gambia. Nincompoop.
you are the most useless APC supporter I have seen, you are clueless and yet your useless APC chiefs accuse the president of been clueless,am sore you are one of those Agboro collecting money from motorist,just wait a little longer Agbaje will soon wipe you out useless tout.You claimed to be a progressive yet you are supporting God fatherism, it only show you are more dumb than your illiterate mentor Buhari and your AGbero god father Tinubu.,useless idiot,your father just waste his money to sent you to that old primary school..BASTARD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Strips / #bbnaija: Frodd & Ike Plot Love Revenge On Esther And Nelson (day 26) / Nando Disqualified From Big Brother Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.